Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Since very little is known yet, about how well the new staff will be, there can be arguments on both sides, positive and negative.
    The December signings were all recruited by the previous staff. The good thing is we still signed most of them. Yesterday, specifically, is a bit of concern however. I'm glad for the guys we were able to sign, I'm not going to knock them, they could be diamonds in the rough. But overall, we didn't sign any established, high caliber players. There would have been a few, if we didn't have the chaos of Nov/Dec. Now, what does that mean for the future, maybe nothing. We will just have to wait and see.
    We signed 2 of our highest rated recruits ever yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    We signed 2 of our highest rated recruits ever yesterday
    Again, it wasn't actually yesterday. It was in December that they signed.

I give up.

Well, I'm not really sure why you are differentiating between the two. The fact that December's class was recruited by the old coach, and that's true, only means its a testament to the new staff that they were retained after Napier and crew left. As far as the caliber of players signed I actually felt the same as you in that I thought there'd be more of a wow factor with these recruits considering the success we've had over the past few years but I also do not follow recruiting nearly like what I used to and I also think the valuation process has been clearly distorted with Covid over the past 2 seasons.

5. Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Correct on that I was not happy with the hiring process. True. I do hope Coach Des does great for UL.
    My comment on the class was, in short, Dec was very good (you must skip over positive comments and focus on negative), yesterday is a concern. Explain how yesterday, specifically, was great. Let's see your opinion.
    The Opelousas lineman greatly improved his stock this fall. He passed up Zombie LoTec and Tulsa. That’s not chopped liver. The player from Zachary is a great get as is the athlete from Franklin. Yeah I’m thrilled with those three. Des is thrilled with Michigan State transfer. I’ll defer to him about a one year player.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The Opelousas lineman greatly improved his stock this fall. He passed up Zombie LoTec and Tulsa. That’s not chopped liver. The player from Zachary is a great get as is the athlete from Franklin. Yeah I’m thrilled with those three. Des is thrilled with Michigan State transfer. I’ll defer to him about a one year player.
    I think that's a good reply, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, I'm not really sure why you are differentiating between the two. The fact that December's class was recruited by the old coach, and that's true, only means its a testament to the new staff that they were retained after Napier and crew left. As far as the caliber of players signed I actually felt the same as you in that I thought there'd be more of a wow factor with these recruits considering the success we've had over the past few years but I also do not follow recruiting nearly like what I used to and I also think the valuation process has been clearly distorted with Covid over the past 2 seasons.
    Agree that was a good thing to be able to sign those December guys right after a coaching change. Yesterday, being a new signing day, was not quite the same, being they were more under the radar recruits than what was signed in December which were many highly rated and known athletes. Also, the timeline from the old staff to the new staff, did impact the recruiting, we know that by those that de-committed and went elsewhere. How does this translate into the future? Who knows, we won't know more until another year or two.

8. Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

The two dates create one class of signees.

LoL! That doesnt matter. They're all in the same signing class. Its kinda silly to judge the early signing compared to the late signing. they're the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL!That doesnt matter. Theyre all in the same signing class. Its kinda silly to judge the early signing compared to the late signing.theyre the same class.
    I don't think so. Agree, same class, two different time periods of signings.
    It actually could mean a lot. Then again, maybe not. We don't know, not you, not I.

11. Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

I don't think so. Agree, same class, two different time periods of signings.
    I don't recall ever reading a players career story that differentiated as to whether said player signed in the early or late signing period.

I have read stories pointing out which signing "class" he was a part of.

12. Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Coach Leger actually tweeted about this very thing. He said he has never heard of them.
    Think Tim was talking about the jerk in North LA that committed to Grambling “over” the Cajuns and Tiggahs, when in reality, he was never recruited or offered by these schools. I’m sure some of you have seen the video, but this little punk started throwing the hats off the table It was so dumb

13. Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't recall ever reading a players career story that differentiated as to whether said player signed in the early or late signing period.

I have read stories pointing out which signing "class" he was a part of.
    I believe Houston is not differentiation between the two. I believe he’s of the opinion yesterday signing or lack of is more accurate picture of the staff ability now than back in December. I don’t understand that view. Both know who their head coach is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Think Tim was talking about the jerk in North LA that committed to Grambling “over” the Cajuns and Tiggahs, when in reality, he was never recruited or offered by these schools. I’m sure some of you have seen the video, but this little punk started throwing the hats off the table It was so dumb
    His parents and coaches should be ashamed of themselves for letting him act that way. Glad he is not a good enough player to actually be recruited by us.

Well, cruised the SBC board today. I know we lost folks to the portal, ULM per one poster lost 18. Don't know if starters or not, but 18.wow.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information