Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Arkansas State really needed to load up this year at all positions as they have been really terrible. Good to see them signing so many 3 stars. Arkansas State being terrible is not a good thing overall for the SBC.
    How were they able to bring in 24. Did they have that many leave after last year?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Since very little is known yet, about how well the new staff will be, there can be arguments on both sides, positive and negative.
    The December signings were all recruited by the previous staff. The good thing is we still signed most of them. Yesterday, specifically, is a bit of concern however. I'm glad for the guys we were able to sign, I'm not going to knock them, they could be diamonds in the rough. But overall, we didn't sign any established, high caliber players. There would have been a few, if we didn't have the chaos of Nov/Dec. Now, what does that mean for the future, maybe nothing. We will just have to wait and see.
    According to some here, we signed our two highest rated players ever during the early period in Dubose and Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    How were they able to bring in 24. Did they have that many leave after last year?
    Yeah, I'm not smart enough to understand this.

It just seems a whole lot of folks are signing way more than we are able to.

Rest assured, I AM NOT attributing this to Des.

Its seems if we have to get back down to 85, EVERYBODY should be having to get back down to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, I'm not smart enough to understand this.

It just seems a whole lot of folks are signing way more than we are able to.

Rest assured, I AM NOT attributing this to Des.

Its seems if we have to get back down to 85, EVERYBODY should be having to get back down to 85.
    Not everyone was at 95. Arkansas State wasn't close to 85 schollys. Many went with Anderson to USU and Butch ran off a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    According to some here, we signed our two highest rated players ever during the early period in Dubose and Edwards.
    Yes, that is essentially what I said. They were from December.

Since very little is known yet, about how well the new staff will be, there can be arguments on both sides, positive and negative.
    The December signings were all recruited by the previous staff. The good thing is we still signed most of them. Yesterday, specifically, is a bit of concern however. I'm glad for the guys we were able to sign, I'm not going to knock them, they could be diamonds in the rough. But overall, we didn't sign any established, high caliber players. There would have been a few, if we didn't have the chaos of Nov/Dec. Now, what does that mean for the future, maybe nothing. We will just have to wait and see.
    I think you are correct. The lack of high caliber recruits on the final signing day was unusual compared to our last few years. We had become used to last minute gems droping into our recruiting bag. This year was not the case, but that is due, I believe, to the chaos of all of the coaching changes. If this staff can continue to win at a high level I see no reason why we can't get back to consistently being at the top SBC recruiting.

On a side note, if I am remembering correctly, I don't think Napier's first recruiting class was large in number either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    I think you are correct. The lack of high caliber recruits on the final signing day was unusual compared to our last few years. We had become used to last minute gems droping into our recruiting bag. This year was not the case, but that is due, I believe, to the chaos of all of the coaching changes. If this staff can continue to win at a high level I see no reason why we can't get back to consistently being at the top SBC recruiting.

On a side note, if I am remembering correctly, I don't think Napier's first recruiting class was large in number either.
    When you say high caliber, there was no O'Cyrus Torrence or Kyren Lacey. But there definitely were athletes like Max Mitchell, Nathan Thomas, AJ Gillie, and Carlis Rubio. Athletes that have the attributes we are looking for, but need time to develop and not many major offers.

Cajun fans tend to look at the last two classes under Billy Napier and forget about the athletes that didn't come here as higher profile recruits. The only major recruit on the 2021 starting offensive line was Torrence. Max Mitchell had UL and Tech late. I created Carlos Rubio's profile on 247, he had an offer from Northern Alabama until UL and Troy offered him late. Brown wasn't heavily recruited until late in the game, until several SBC schools and Southern Miss jumped in late.

This class has isn't as good, or as large as the previous two but it's far from a FCS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post

https://247sports.com/college/louisi.tball/Commits/

Napier's first recruiting class in 2018 was 5th in the SBC overall, 18 recruits, average rating of .8001.

Although Des' first Recruiting class is 6th in the SBC overall with only 12 commits, the .8444 is the highest rated average UL has ever had in history. This could go up with 3 scholarships still to be handed out if a transfer portal recruit would be considered in this thing, but not sure if they are.

James Ohonba - transfer from Michigan State had a rating of .8804, 3 star out of HS, but not sure either if that is included in the average for 2022.

I disagree with the lack of high caliber players. This class has a good bit of studs and a few PWO players. Don’t we have a couple 4 stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I disagree with the lack of high caliber players. This class has a good bit of studs and a few PWO players. Don’t we have a couple 4 stars?
    Those that are stating this recruiting class has lack of "high Caliber Players" know nothing about recruiting nor did they take the time to research these 12 commits.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It's in reference to yesterday's signings, not December. Nobody is saying December lacked anything or anyone.

It's in reference to yesterday's signings, not December. Nobody is saying December lacked anything or anyone.
    Bright side is: Des was able to hold onto those Dec. commits.

Those that are stating this recruiting class has lack of "high Caliber Players" know nothing about recruiting nor did they take the time to research these 12 commits.
    Do people read anymore? It's about yesterday.

Bright side is: Des was able to hold onto those Dec. commits.
    Yes, I agree, that was great.

I think people are a little confused that December was actual signings and not just commitments. Yesterday, was in a way, all by itself, being a second period of signings. Both together make up the class of signed recruits going into next Fall. Which of course doesn't count for additions later if it occurs.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information