Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RCAF

Support RCAF

Anyone know what's going on with RCAF? Looks like Han's is joining Lee at Middle Tennessee.

Default Re: RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Anyone know what's going on with RCAF? Looks like Han's is joining Lee at Middle Tennessee.
    Changes are inevitable in any organization. It's my understanding that Hans was offered an opportunity at Middle Tennessee that is more in line with the career path he has envisioned for himself.

UL is still a hard place to raise money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Changes are inevitable in any organization. It's my understanding that Hans was offered an opportunity at Middle Tennessee that is more in line with the career path he has envisioned for himself.
    And it is much closer to home for him.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    UL is still a hard place to raise money.
    Not Really, but when you pass up the under $500 a year crowd, you're making it hard on yourself to raise money. The perception of RCAF is that its a big money organization. When in reality, there is some level there for all. RCAF has done a more than ____ poor job in communicating that. That's whats made their job hardTheir own ineptitude.

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Not Really, but when you pass up the under $500 a year crowd, you're making it hard on yourself to raise money. The preception of RCAF is that its a big money organization. When in reality, there is some level there for all. RCAF has done a more than ____ poor job in communicating that. That's whats made their job hardTheir own ineptitude.
    I agree. The strategic plan should focus on a wide foundation. These young kids have leveraged technology and they are creating generational wealth in a fraction of the time it took our parents and grandparents.

We should welcome a base lf 20K donors at the $500 level. At least 5%-10% will grow into high earners. We should grow with them. We should be playing the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I agree. The strategic plan should focus on a wide foundation. These young kids have leveraged technology and they are creating generational wealth in a fraction of the time it took our parents and grandparents.

We should welcome a base lf 20K donors at the $500 level. At least 5%-10% will grow into high earners. We should grow with them. We should be plaing the long game.
    I haven’t opened my RCAF account lately, we were a little over 1,500 RCAF members total pre baseball season.

Other than the corporate donors, I’m guessing when it comes to individuals, it’s much like businesses and churches…20% gives 80% of the funds.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/1/80-20-rule.asp

https://www.churchleadership.com/lea.he-80-20-rule/

Last time I opened my account I was in the middle of the pack and I am at the 500.00 level. that should tell you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Last time I opened my account I was in the middle of the pack and I am at the 500.00 level. that should tell you all you need to know.
    Went look, 1,584 RCAF members as of tonight.

There are 550k people in Acadiana and we can’t get 5k to join RCAF… that sucks.

12. Default Re: RCAF

As mentioned, the RCAF needs a strategic overhaul. It starts with the alumni in the Lafayette Metro. The individuals that are most likely to engage with UL athletics. What is the communication strategy to engage them? What are we doing to engage recent graduates? What steps are being taken to get current students to attend athletic events so that they are willing to donate down the road? The RCAF is about generating cash flow for UL athletics. Money from donors in the under $1,000 pool spends the same as those donating over $1,000.

This isn't rocket science, but the effort must be measured and continuous. This is where the RCAF has fallen short.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Your understanding is accurate. An opportunity he could not pass up.both for him & his family

RCAF annual reports and facilities master plans, during the previous administration, gave us details of our growth and status among conference peers. The current newsletters & annuals reports are filled with useless generic information that rarely inspire me to donate more. Isn’t that the point of RCAF? A few years ago, RCAF made the structure more complicated and therefore difficult to donate. I believe the RCAF board should do a poll for additional feedback and growth ideas from its members. Creating an ineffective concierge program for specific level donors does not support the RCAF mission and only further divides our fan base. All of Cajun Nation, including future donors, deserve to be treated with southern Ragin’ Cajun hospitality.

Our athletic administration does 2 things consistently and that is to verbally thank current donors/season ticket holders and ask fans to donate $50, the bare minimum. The bar is set low for this fan base or high with million $ “ask” for Cajun Field. What about the middle level donors? How can we engage all of Cajun Nation and bring back hope for the future of Louisiana Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    As mentioned, the RCAF needs a strategic overhaul. It starts with the alumni in the Lafayette Metro. The individuals that are most likely to engage with UL athletics. What is the communication strategy to engage them? What are we doing to engage recent graduates? What steps are being taken to get current students to attend athletic events so that they are willing to donate down the road? The RCAF is about generating cash flow for UL athletics. Money from donors in the under $1,000 pool spends the same as those donating over $1,000.

This isn't rocket science, but the effort must be measured and continuous. This is where the RCAF has fallen short.
    In the recent podcast interview with Jay Walker, Dr. Maggard says they are looking at a restructuring of the RCAF organization. In their defense, focus in recent months had to be on the big guys as that is who is needed for the stadium refurbish. Moving forward, I agree we need to grow the bottom of the pyramid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information