Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RCAF

Default Re: RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I’m not saying $500 donors don’t matter, but if you’re the RCAF director and you’re spending your time chasing $500 donations you aren’t doing your job very well.

I don’t mind if the $500 donors feel a bit neglected if it means the $1,000,000 donors are getting all the attention.
    The million dollars donors aren't donating to the RCAF which supplements coaching salaries. Those guys are donating to corporate projects to get there name out. Example Lourdes, Mcdonalds, etc. None of those companies are giving to the RCAF.

2. Default Re: RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I’m not saying $500 donors don’t matter, but if you’re the RCAF director and you’re spending your time chasing $500 donations you aren’t doing your job very well.
    1,800 more donors at the $500 level would have erased this years budget deficit.

How can that possibly not be doing your job?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The million dollars donors aren't donating to the RCAF which supplements coaching salaries. Those guys are donating to corporate projects to get there name out. Example Lourdes, Mcdonalds, etc. None of those companies are giving to the RCAF.
    Some of those millions definitely are going to the RCAF. Just a quick Google search showed the RCAF raised $12.4 million in 2018. That doesn’t happen without a few really big donations.

Just to be crystal clear, I’m not saying those $500 donations don’t matter. They do.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Until the RCAF is fully independant of the alumni association, I don't see it reaching its full potential .
    The RCAF has nothing to do with the Alumni Association.

Whatever is written on paper is written on paper. Right now, you have the UL Foundation and the RCAF and there is one man running the show. The Alumni Association is the only branch that is fighting to retain some autonomy.

And, as it stands now, the RCAF board has little to no authority, especially if there is no plan to hire a new executive director.

The structure is unlike any university in America that I know of.

6. Default Re: RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The RCAF has nothing to do with the Alumni Association.
    The same guy is steering both operations.

The risk/danger of steering donations is off the chart.

Until the RCAF is fully independant of the alumni association, I don't see it reaching its full potential .

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Whatever is written on paper is written on paper. Right now, you have the UL Foundation and the RCAF and there is one man running the show. The Alumni Association is the only branch that is fighting to retain some autonomy.

And, as it stands now, the RCAF board has little to no authority, especially if there is no plan to hire a new executive director.

The structure is unlike any university in America that I know of.
    And if your exec director reports to the AD and the Foundation, problems arise. Especially when big money is raised for athletics and people from the academic side get territorial about it.
    Hypothetically of course

1854 members is what we have as of now. We need way more members.

Can RCAF offer NIL? here is an idea for an NIL chance for the new recruits/signees…
    put all the rcaf members names in a hat (or bowl), (or use a numbering system if some want privacy) and after the athlete signs have them draw a name. and they get the amount that the rcaf member chosen donated…. i.e if that person donated 10 grand, that is now the signees NIL, or could draw 50, kind of like a live lotto at the signimg day event

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Can RCAF offer NIL? here is an idea for an NIL chance for the new recruits/signees…
    put all the rcaf members names in a hat (or bowl), (or use a numbering system if some want privacy) and after the athlete signs have them draw a name. and they get the amount that the rcaf member chosen donated…. i.e if that person donated 10 grand, that is now the signees NIL, or could draw 50, kind of like a live lotto at the signimg day event
    What????

11. Default Re: RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    1854 members is what we have as of now. We need way more members.
    There were 1,500 members in 2012.

Above what it already has, RCAF needs about 6,000 $50 members

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There were 1,500 members in 2012.

Above what it already has, RCAF needs about 6,000 $50 members
    Nah, that means they'd actually have to come up with a marketing plan. There's no glory or $100 lunches in that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information