Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Des Playing Days Video? (Darren Walker)

Default Re: Des Playing Days Video? (Darren Walker)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Chery had five touchdowns in the first half.
    Yes that’s the game! Just looked up the stats; J Cherry scored 5 total TDs in the first half. 3 receiving TDs, 1 97 yard KO return TD, & 1 rushingTD for 81 yards. All of his 339 yards were earned via 5 plays. Insane

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The other day I was telling my son that pound for pound IMO Mike might have been the toughest M___F____'er to ever put on a Cajuns uniform. He said he wished that he could see. I know the Tx A&M game and a few others are on YouTube. Anyone know where I could find one from Des' playing days?

Any teammates of his on here that has games videoed that could put it on YouTube?

Darren Walker if you read RP is there any old games with Des playing QB that you could put on YouTube?

I'd really like for my son to see the ball coach in action. He was a very young boy when Des played and don't remember. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    I’d love to see this too. I hope someone can come up with one of his better games.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Turnovers killed us that game. Should have killed that team we were way more talented.
    Agree. That had to be one of the biggest let downs in the Bustle era.

4. Default Re: Des Playing Days Video? (Darren Walker)

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Turnovers killed us that game. Should have killed that team we were way more talented.
    4 interceptions in that game.

As many as Levi had all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    4 interceptions in that game.

As many as Levi had all year.
    Shoulda kept it on the ground. They had no answer for des fenroy zone read.

Shoulda kept it on the ground. They had no answer for des fenroy zone read.

Dez fumbled inside the red zone that they returned for a touchdown. We also forced some turnovers and blocked a punt that led to a score. I’m not so sure that we were more talented than them. They were a pretty good team and their qb from erath was salty as hell

I was a student manager in 2007, so I saw the McNeese game from the inside. I remember the week leading up to that game seemed a little more laid back than the previous two weeks. I think everyone had a feeling that it was just going to be another easy win against an FCS team. Then when the game happened and McNeese started firing on all cylinders, I knew we were in trouble. Add in 5 turnovers to that, and it turned out to be Bustle's worst loss of his tenure here. I believe McNeese went undefeated in the regular season that year and lost in an upset at home in the first round of the FCS playoffs. They were good enough to win it all. Still no excuse for the way we played.

As for Des, the guy gave it his all on the field. He was a stud at the zone read with Fenroy. When that combo clicked, it was hard to stop. That's why I'm confident he will get the job done here as HC. If he brings that same energy, he will do just fine.

The other day I was telling my son that pound for pound IMO Mike might have been the toughest M___F____'er to ever put on a Cajuns uniform. He said he wished that he could see. I know the Tx A&M game and a few others are on YouTube. Anyone know where I could find one from Des' playing days?

Any teammates of his on here that has games videoed that could put it on YouTube?

Darren Walker if you read RP is there any old games with Des playing QB that you could put on YouTube?

I'd really like for my son to see the ball coach in action. He was a very young boy when Des played and don't remember. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    Found this one against Tennessee from '07

https://youtu.be/oD6_kVA4xCs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post

Why would you link that game? MD looked pretty bad in that one!

I hope we don't regress to that level again, that was painful!

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Why would you link that game? MD looked pretty bad in that one!

I hope we don't regress to that level again, that was painful!
    Uhmmm, because he was asking for some games with Des. Crazy right?

Uhmmm, because he was asking for some games with Des. Crazy right?
    I don't think that game is representative of MD's career. I don't think showing someone that tape does him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    I don't think that game is representative of MD's career. I don't think showing someone that tape does him justice.
    Then provide him with the video you approve of

Thanks James. I appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Chery had five touchdowns in the first half.
    Didn't you announce the halftime score of that game something along the lines of, "At halftime, it's Jason Cherry 35. North Texas 14."

That 3-4 game stretch in 2008 was probably the best of offensive production I've seen from just about any Cajuns team in my lifetime.

I didnt say it did. I was just being nice and trying to find him some games. I didnt sit and watch an entire game. You know? Just trying to help. The ones that you took your time to post were way better than.oh wait, you didnt do any of that. Bye.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information