Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

1. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Marlin is 0-6 when I bet on him 2-0 when I bet on the opposing team. I bet on Marlin tonight let's see if my streak continues!
    Looks like your streak continues.

Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Marlin is 0-6 when I bet on him 2-0 when I bet on the opposing team. I bet on Marlin tonight let's see if my streak continues!
    Well, you are on a streak, bet on the opposition again the next 3 games. Get the team hot going into the important games in March. You might get UL to the dance. The irony…

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, you are on a streak, bet on the opposition again the next 3 games. Get the team hot going into the important games in March. You might get UL to the dance. The irony…
    Looks like he broke his streak…

4. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

I was a huge proponent of Marlin his first several years.

I was even impressed with his .500 record after 2 years and backed him getting an extension.

I think I was blinded to the situation by both what he took over, and how slow, the administration had been to make a change back then.

However after almost $10,000,000.00 in pay ($10 million) from Louisiana and nothing sustained to show for it, it is high time for the athletic department to make a change.

jmo

5. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I was even impressed with his .500 record after 2 years and backed him getting an extension.

I think I was blinded to the situation by both what he took over, and how slow, the administration had been to make a change back then.

However after almost $10,000,000.00 in pay ($10 million) from Louisiana and nothing sustained to show for it, it is high time for the athletic department to make a change.

jmo
    Exaggeration is a prime tactic in debate . . .

jmo
    You know it's time for a change when The Big Fan calls for it.

7. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Exaggeration is a prime tactic in debate . . .
    Ok only $5 million in pay.

I'm adding the $5 million the program didn't earn from the admin created fan appathy program.

jmo
    Agree, but I’m not vein in the neck popping out mad. Those days are long gone. Nor am I at the oh but this program or that program, because we’re not. And the SBC isn’t backing basketball and the ROI isn’t there in a one bid league where a team, like APP last year, can suck all year but yet grab the brass ring in the conference tournament, making the investment bad. And soon the straight odds will be worse 1 in 14.

I enjoy good basketball. We’ve had flashes this year, but not enough. Should Maggard and T-Joe pull the trigger, the hire will say a lot. Will MBB become like every other sport at UL besides football and the bat sports…there just because…or make a commitment to at least be competitive?

My candidate for head coach - former Ragin Cajun and current Oklahoma assistant - David Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    My candidate for head coach - former Ragin Cajun and current Oklahoma assistant - David Patrick
    Patrick has built himself a D1 resume. But he’s making associate head coach Big 12 money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...k_(basketball)

Can’t afford Patrick.

A source confirmed Patrick will have a two-year contract with Oklahoma and receive comparable annual pay to the $600,000 he was set to receive at Arkansas — including a $200,000 retention bonus if he stayed through the end of next season. His annual salary at Arkansas was $400,000.

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/...hard-decision/

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    He would be in my top 5 for several reasons.

1) He was a HC
    2) He's a recognizable name in Louisiana and Texas because he has recruited for Oklahoma
    3) He's under a quality HC at Oklahoma and that should help him evolve as a coach

Don’t see UL topping 600k to replace Marlin where many are complaining that’s too much to begin with.

14. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

There are brilliant basketball minds out there that would gladly coach for $50G

The chance of identifying them is next to zero.

When you pay the big bucks up front, you are paying for some other school to have done the vetting for you.

There are brilliant basketball minds out there that would gladly coach for $50G

The chance of identifying them is next to zero.

When you pay the big bucks up front, you are paying for some other school to have done the vetting for you.
    And that will not happen…the hire won’t be on the cheap or come from the ranks of 50k salaries.

Patrick did what an aspiring D1 coach needed to do. Our timelines didn’t cross.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information