Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just throwing out a name for now.

Austin Claunch, HC at Nicholls State. He is 32 years old and has been at NSU for 4 years. First year he went 14-17, 2nd year he went 21-10, last year he went 17-6 and is currently 13-9 this year. Overall he is 66-43 as a head coach, struggling a little this year.

He is young, knows how to recruit the area. I think his only downfall is the fact that he traditionally lives in the transfer portal for players, but that has become the nature of the beast of College Basketball. I think they currently have about 7 players that transferred in. But I will give this to him, he also has 7 players from Louisiana on his roster and only one of them is a transfer, the others have come directly out of HS. He has also worked at George Mason and Clemson.

Just a thought.
    Never too early to start making a list

Coach K retiring is just a facade. He knew Bob was on his last leg so he will come out of retirement to play in a better gym than Cameron indoor. He also is seasoned in getting everyone’s best shot so he will have no problem being everyone’s super bowl as the coach of the Ragin Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Coach K retiring is just a facade. He knew Bob was on his last leg so he will come out of retirement to play in a better gym than Cameron indoor. He also is seasoned in getting everyone’s best shot so he will have no problem being everyone’s super bowl as the coach of the Ragin Cajuns
    And, and, and Zion gets

his 3 years of college eligibility back...and, and, and signs with Cajuns along with a Meches Donut NIL deal...

4. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Marlin will not take us to the NCAA tournament.
    It’s time for a change.
    Maybe our AD with figure it out when we have 100 fans at the Cajun Dome.

Ain’t many more than 100 right now. That average of 2500 or so is an inflated
    Number.

Just throwing out a name for now.

Austin Claunch, HC at Nicholls State. He is 32 years old and has been at NSU for 4 years. First year he went 14-17, 2nd year he went 21-10, last year he went 17-6 and is currently 13-9 this year. Overall he is 66-43 as a head coach, struggling a little this year.

He is young, knows how to recruit the area. I think his only downfall is the fact that he traditionally lives in the transfer portal for players, but that has become the nature of the beast of College Basketball. I think they currently have about 7 players that transferred in. But I will give this to him, he also has 7 players from Louisiana on his roster and only one of them is a transfer, the others have come directly out of HS. He has also worked at George Mason and Clemson.

Just a thought.
    from Wikipedia:
    "At Nicholls as an assistant, Claunch was primarily responsible for guard development, specifically point guards, working daily with seniors Roddy Peters (SLC Newcomer of the Year, First Team), Jahvaughn Powell (All-SLC Defensive Team), Lafayette Rutledge (Single-season 3-point record holder) and Tevon Saddler (All-SLC Second Team). He was also the key recruiter for Kevin Johnson and Ryghe Lyons, who both started over 15 games as freshmen."

7. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Barring a tournament victory and a continuation of the contract that keeps on taking....

You can learn the truth about religion, politics, contracts, and motive if you notice the small stuff.

In this case, the small stuff thats missing.

Remember when:? UL was "forced" to give Marlin a "one year extension" so it wouldn't hurt recruiting....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And, and, and Zion gets

his 3 years of college eligibility back...and, and, and signs with Cajuns along with a Meches Donut NIL deal...
    Given his injury problems, Zion should sign an NIL deal with Our Lady of Lourdes.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I don’t care either. Just saying don’t be surprised
    I dont know why that would be a priority. Our 2 previous coaches were minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Ain’t many more than 100 right now. That average of 2500 or so is an inflated
    Number.
    You must be at the women's game. We counted a solid 1,000 last Thursday. Still not acceptable.

11. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You must be at the women's game. We counted a solid 1,000 last Thursday. Still not acceptable.
    It's funny, I received a call from Dudley Debossier Law Firm to let me know that I won 2 free tickets to tonight's game, something I signed up for previously. I am not even calling them back, one because I have something to do tonight and two because unfortunately I just don't care. I want to, but I don't.

It's funny, I received a call from Dudley Debossier Law Firm to let me know that I won 2 free tickets to tonight's game, something I signed up for previously. I am not even calling them back, one because I have something to do tonight and two because unfortunately I just don't care. I want to, but I don't.
    If I am looking at the schedule correctly, home game against ULM is Saturday. At ULM tonight.

13. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    If I am looking at the schedule correctly, home game against ULM is Saturday. At ULM tonight.
    Oh thanks.

I'd be mad if I were DDLF. A part of the sign bearing their logo is burnt out in the dome. 25% discount? The dome is NOT being maintained at the basic level. Scoreboard doesn't work in one corner. People want a decent program. It takes a decent building to support the program.

I had a seat Nazi/usher a few games back...I couldn't stop laughing.

Oh thanks.
    Marlin is 0-6 when I bet on him 2-0 when I bet on the opposing team. I bet on Marlin tonight let's see if my streak continues!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information