Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    If he played at McNeese and with his current resume would you still hire him as a HC. Where a coach played is irrelevant.
    We are not McNeese. That mentality is exactly why they are still in the SLC. Just in the last decade they've seen the light, but the old guard is still stuck in the h/s networking days.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Y’all don’t think much of the program, huh?

Love Brad, but this job is above hiring anyone from the high school ranks.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I can care less. They can hire Red Panda for all I care assuming she can relate to players and recruit guys who want to be here. I'm obviously joking about Panda but the point is to do our search and do it diligently and whoever the best candidate is so be it. I'd love for them to interview Brock Morris in the search as well.
    I don’t care either. Just saying don’t be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    How Can we think much of the basketball program? 1 NCAA tourney in 12 years. The program is in the dumps.
    How about ONE NCAA tourney in 50+ years?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We are not McNeese. That mentality is exactly why they are still in the SLC. Just in the last decade they've seen the light, but the old guard is still stuck in the h/s networking days.
    I think McNeese could beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Or lose to us by 15

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    I think we'd put them away early (well almost). Then Bob would use his time outs wisely and get them back in the game before they pull it out at the end after we shoot 40% from the line in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Or lose to us by 15
    Be careful with the truth. Doesn’t fit the narrative for some.

If someone is honestly following the program, they’d known that happened in December.

This is honestly getting funny. As much as I’d like a change, I’d love the epic meltdown if the guys pull it off in March. My heart is always for the Cajuns but mind says Georgia State or stAte.

I am confident if Dr Maggard conducts a search for a new basketball coach it will be comprehensive and he will hire the best person for the job. I trust him to continue building his cULture here.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Will Marlin get to recomend his replacement?
    When A search for a new coach occurs, I doubt Dr. Maggard will solicit Coach Marlin’s recommendation. Now if Coach Marlin steps down voluntarily and leaves on good terms with the administration, he may be asked what is his opinion of the finalists. Dr. Maggard may consider that input when making his final decision. I predict Coach Marlin will continue to support the program once his tenure here ends.

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Just let me go recruit, relate, then Coach em up… We will see one day what that combination can do for Cajun Nation…

#CommunitySupportOn1000

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Just let me go recruit, relate, then Coach em up… We will see one day what that combination can do for Cajun Nation…

#CommunitySupportOn1000
    If they can knock down the 3 like you used too I’d say we would have a chance in the way the game is played today…. We have struggled with threes the last few years… Garnett and Russell were the only ones on the team that could shoot it from outside… Jordan brown and Joe Charles show promise from beyond the arc. I wish we played half court style ball and work that motion offense. This is the first year in a long time we have 3 bigs who can play and I feel we don’t use them correctly. What do I know I’m just a fan lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If they can knock down the 3 like you used too I’d say we would have a chance in the way the game is played today…. We have struggled with threes the last few years… Garnett and Russell were the only ones on the team that could shoot it from outside… Jordan brown and Joe Charles show promise from beyond the arc. I wish we played half court style ball and work that motion offense. This is the first year in a long time we have 3 bigs who can play and I feel we don’t use them correctly. What do I know I’m just a fan lol.
    I am also just a fan and am by no means an expert. However, I do have an opinion on how our inside guys are used. I think part of our turnover issue is trying to force the ball inside when the defense has collapsed on the bigs. I also think the bigs could do a better job of passing out of the double team once they do catch it on the block. After last night's game, I am wondering if we should consider free throw shooting ability for the inside guys when crafting end of the game lineups. Perhaps we should alternate them more with the offense-defense situations.

14. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am also just a fan and am by no means an expert. However, I do have an opinion on how our inside guys are used. I think part of our turnover issue is trying to force the ball inside when the defense has collapsed on the bigs. I also think the bigs could do a better job of passing out of the double team once they do catch it on the block. After last night's game, I am wondering if we should consider free throw shooting ability for the inside guys when crafting end of the game lineups. Perhaps we should alternate them more with the offense-defense situations.
    I’d put free throws in the top of my three attributes a player must have at any position.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I agree, we have very talented players and just maybe coach does not have the drive anymore. Either make it happen or lets go hunting some NEW HC. Believe me I have loved talking with coach in years past and he is a very nice and knowledgeable coach but its time to WIN and PACK the DOME!
    I have season tickets & attend most home games. This team is not talented. I could see this coming three years ago. His recruiting classes have not been good. Most recruits were deciding between UL & schools like McNeese & Nicholls. BM has not brought in any quality transfers either. Regardless, BM is ultimately responsible for the talent & it is time for a change.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information