Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 64, Georgia Southern 65

1. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Im sure all 200 fans that were at the game may never go back. Express did you make the game?
    The games are a real ordeal for Mrs Express. I never leave her alone for half a day that a Lafayette game would require.

Additionally I’ve decided buying tickets to this is giving a false impression to Maggard. So no I’ve pretty much become a tv fan, and that’s sad.

2. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Check the media guide. The Cajuns have never sold out the dome. Nor have we ever consistently “packed” the dome. Overall, the crowds have gotten smaller thru the years. The past two years are Covid years so PART of the decline is directly related to that. I know multiple season ticket holders that are Covid absent.

Now would the crowd size maybe stabilize, yes. But the vast majority of the fans with basketball in their blood are from the Blackham era and they’re dying off. And nothing was done along the decades of decline to stop this, or at least control what we could.

Change is needed, and it’s not just coaches.

I want to be optimistic but from the football staff turnover to major cogs in RCAF leaving to even the soccer coach bailing and even SLU coming in our parish and hosting a SB tournament at a time we normally do, we got issues.
    We had multiple games under Marty and Jesse that were 8500 plus games. I’m not sure Bob ever had one that reached that number.

Read the top ten. They’re pretty good

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajundome

None included a Marlin game.

Default Re: Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We had multiple games under Marty and Jesse that were 8500 plus games. I’m not sure Bob ever had one that reached that number.

That WKU game in the dome in 2003 was one the greatest basketball atmospheres that I have been to in my life. Although we lost it was amazing.

Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 64, Georgia Southern 65

Apologies if already mentioned, but it’s mind boggling that this team can’t make a FG in the last 3-5 minutes of the game!!

Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 64, Georgia Southern 65

This team could get away without making a FG in the last few minutes of a game if they could just shoot 60% from the free throw line!!! Between turnovers and poor FT shooting, this team has no chance of winning any close games.

You missed the boat. Annual attendance has been decreasing for decades. I’m not justifying Marlin one iota. I’m pointing out this fantasy of the dome was always packed or sold out is 100% bull____. You pointed out perfectly it never sold out. Thanks.

And your top ten, only ONE since the turn of the century.

6,885 was the best year of average attendance, the dome’s first year. Been dropping since.

I posted annual attendance numbers months ago, not wasting my time digging it up again, but here’s the first link I found. You’ll see my point, attendance has been dropping for decades. Didn’t blame anyone nor am I. Current situation at least doesn’t suck like the Robert Lee dip. But it’s not good.

We ARE on the same page, change is needed.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2018/.dia-guide.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    That WKU game in the dome in 2003 was one the greatest basketball atmospheres that I have been to in my life. Although we lost it was amazing.
    You are probably too young to remember the Bo Lamar days. Games vs Mike Green and La Tech are legendary, not to mention vs other great teams we played there and had Sports Illustrated at many games. Top 10 team in the country and leading scorer in the country in Bo. Best talent, best teams and best atmosphere ever. Wish we had the Cajun Dome back then. Student section was packed and we had to go 2 hrs early for a first come first seat. Blackham was a dump, but it was rockin like nothing following it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    You are probably too young to remember the Bo Lamar days. Games vs Mike Green and La Tech are legendary, not to mention vs other great teams we played there and had Sports Illustrated at many games. Top 10 team in the country and leading scorer in the country in Bo. Best talent, best teams and best atmosphere ever. Wish we had the Cajun Dome back then. Student section was packed and we had to go 2 hrs early for a first come first seat. Blackham was a dump, but it was rockin like nothing following it.
    10-4. That’s the biggest concern, loss of generational fans. We can throw in all the other stuff…ESPN, football first, etc, but multiple stretches of average basketball doesn’t build a fan base. We have some guys here that their benchmark was Marty or Evans. Neither could hypothetically hold Blackham’s jock.

It’s frustrating watching what is happening with MBB and even on this site. We all want a change. The problem is not accepting from the business side it’s not happening until later due to financial reasons.

9. Default Re: Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You missed the boat. Annual attendance has been decreasing for decades. I’m not justifying Marlin one iota. I’m pointing out this fantasy of the dome was always packed or sold out is 100% bull____. You pointed out perfectly it never sold out. Thanks.

And your top ten, only ONE since the turn of the century.

6,885 was the best year of average attendance, the dome’s first year. Been dropping since.

I posted annual attendance numbers months ago, not wasting my time digging it up again, but here’s the first link I found. You’ll see my point, attendance has been dropping for decades. Didn’t blame anyone nor am I. Current situation at least doesn’t suck like the Robert Lee dip. But it’s not good.

We ARE on the same page, change is needed.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2018/.dia-guide.aspx
    Zoom I’m not gonna keep debating. I believe my eyes before the university version of attendance. I never suggested that the dome had 6500 plus on a regular basis. Having said that we’re in UNO attendance, butts in the stands. That’s been trending since before the makeover.

Zoom I’m not gonna keep debating. I believe my eyes before the university version of attendance. I never suggested that the dome had 6500 plus on a regular basis. Having said that we’re in UNO attendance, butts in the stands. That’s been trending since before the makeover.
    We’re good. It’s human nature for all of us to remember the good and overlook flaws. I’m no different. It’s like Alonzo Allen’s dunk fest…was against an absolute nobody Paschal wisely scheduled before playing the Marquett Warriors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information