Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 64, GSU 68

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 64, GSU 68

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I agree the crowd was sparse, but the number probably isn’t far off. End zone with the band had a decent number there. GAST brought 4 people (which explains nobody behind their bench). The money rows filled in well after the photo posted. However, go to WBB, where you can count those actual people and use that as your realistic measuring stick for MBB. Done that many times, learned you can get to ~500 if you count the players, officials, media, vendors, bus driver, security, custodians, occasional rodent…pretty much everything breathing. So then use the women’s crowd and compare, you’ll find they’re not too far off.

I want a change. However, I’m pretty confident flightware will involve the next coach. Remember, Morris helped recruit this team. We have great ATHLETES on this team.

Someone posted the other day we need to run. Absolutely with these guys, hides the lack of a point guard.

Red Panda rocking the dome Saturday. Pan-da! Pan-da! Pan-da!
    Jesus christ thats the new standard of hiring coaches not having players transferring out. That's such a short sighted strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I don't even feel motivated to go any more, it's more like a chore.
    Make a change, Dr. Maggard.
    Same. I go to support players but they like like they don't care either. I'll just save my money on over priced beer and spend it at softball and baseball in a couple of weeks.

I can only hope we have a new coach next season.

Marlin can you pull the trigger already? I'm really worried bobby backdoors himself into winning tournament and gets another year added to his contract

First season I haven’t attended a basketball game in over a decade.

Players going to leave as they have in the past. Egos. For every Cedric and Wilson that goes to a power conference and becomes a role player, how many left and didn’t find the greener grass? NIL in play now, I’d guess 2500 into the MBB portal this year. Many crushed ego and dreams.

Look at Brown…3 years, 3 programs. Do I hope he stays, heck yeah. Do I expect someone to drop cash on him from a P5? Probably. Money trumps coach. Look at Dez…if money wasn’t in play, we don’t lose all those guys.

Just fire up the flightware come April, don’t see this being survivable unless March Magic happens. Which would be a hoot…the meltdown would be epic.
    Brown can't leave without sitting out a year. He has already transferred and the new rule only allows one move without a sit out year. He could leave to play pro ball in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Players are gonna be leaving regardless. They don’t want to play for Bob anymore. Next year will once again see tons of new faces with very few familiar.
    From what I see, players are silly giving lots of effort. Now focus and attention to detail is lacking. That was especially the case last night which caused some tongue lashings during some of the timeouts. Understand the frustration but I am not sure that was productive. There will probably be some attrition at the end of the year as that is not uncommon. Some may leave if there is new leadership on board and some may if there is not.

Default Re: GSU vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s an absolute indictment on our fanbase and support system that we’ve allowed this program to fall this far. And yea, I’m looking at you, social club ___ kissers..
    But yet has nothing to do with a bad coach who is a bad recruiter who's raped this school with mid six figure salaries for 12 years and who hasn't beat anyone. Yeah, blame the self centered fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Brown can't leave without sitting out a year. He has already transferred and the new rule only allows one move without a sit out year. He could leave to play pro ball in Europe.
    Thanks Mike. Watching last night, Brown and GAST 25 were the only two with pro bodies out there. I'd guess his parents would like him to at least earn a degree before jumping.

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 64, GSU 68

We need to resell the program to those we want to keep. Clearly Brown, Kobe, Theo, Richards, Garnett, the undersized Wesly who is intense but sometimes out of control,Charles has big time potential. The rest are so so.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Get ready for it to be higher than normal
    Bob taking his players and coaches with him to his new gig next year, ala CBN?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Bob taking his players and coaches with him to his new gig next year, ala CBN?
    Don't tempt me with a good time...lol

There is one big difference with Bob compaired to last year which is a positive. Bob is not flying off the handle on every little thing. The maddest I saw him last night was our self inflicted backcourt call in the second half. It's things like that, you cannot coach...it's a simple rule of the game and lack of situational awareness on the part of the players. Kind of like the uptick in stepping out of bounds when making a first move, especially on the sidelines.

There is one big difference with Bob compaired to last year which is a positive. Bob is not flying off the handle on every little thing. The maddest I saw him last night was our self inflicted backcourt call in the second half. It's things like that, you cannot coach...it's a simple rule of the game and lack of situational awareness on the part of the players. Kind of like the uptick in stepping out of bounds when making a first move, especially on the sidelines.
    I actually see it opposite. He has no fire anymore, you can tell he knows there is nothing he can do to fix this mess he made. The hole is too deep. The only assistant that cares and shows it is Brock Morris. There is no surprise how the team played for him when they went on the east coast.

Hopefully, some coaching attrition. Bye-Bye.

Honestly, I could care less what his demeanor is. If he's winning he can throw chairs ala Bob Knight for all I care.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information