Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 64, GSU 68

Default Re: GSU vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    A Shat Burger that man said!!! One day we will have it rocking again, i promise!!! #JustWinBaby
    Brad Boyd new UL coach? We need a shot in the arm.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 64, GSU 68

Man, I've been following UL basketball since the 1970s, and this has got to be the most under-achieving team I've ever seen.

Marty fletcher and Robert Lee in their worst years had triple the amount of actual butts in seats than this year and probably 2019 as well. What else needs to happen? How much longer Maggard?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Marty fletcher and Robert Lee in their worst years had triple the amount of actual butts in seats than this year and probably 2019 as well. What else needs to happen? How much longer Maggard?
    The box score shows attendance of 2580 last night. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    ACTUAL BUTTS

It was a blackout
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My favorite play, besides Dou pulling something you'd see in a biddy basketball game by throwing the ball backcourt, was when Michael Thomas (One of our PG's) got his pocket picked by their center at mid court and then he threw down a nasty dunk. That was great and symbolic of our season.

The students probably outnumbered non-students there last night. Actual attendance was easily less than 1k. I don't even feel motivated to go any more, it's more like a chore.
    Make a change, Dr. Maggard.

I agree the crowd was sparse, but the number probably isn’t far off. End zone with the band had a decent number there. GAST brought 4 people (which explains nobody behind their bench). The money rows filled in well after the photo posted. However, go to WBB, where you can count those actual people and use that as your realistic measuring stick for MBB. Done that many times, learned you can get to ~500 if you count the players, officials, media, vendors, bus driver, security, custodians, occasional rodent…pretty much everything breathing. So then use the women’s crowd and compare, you’ll find they’re not too far off.

I want a change. However, I’m pretty confident flightware will involve the next coach. Remember, Morris helped recruit this team. We have great ATHLETES on this team.

Someone posted the other day we need to run. Absolutely with these guys, hides the lack of a point guard.

Red Panda rocking the dome Saturday. Pan-da! Pan-da! Pan-da!

And plenty of free tickets for Saturday’s games.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I agree the crowd was sparse, but the number probably isn’t far off. End zone with the band had a decent number there. GAST brought 4 people (which explains nobody behind their bench). The money rows filled in well after the photo posted. However, go to WBB, where you can count those actual people and use that as your realistic measuring stick for MBB. Done that many times, learned you can get to ~500 if you count the players, officials, media, vendors, bus driver, security, custodians, occasional rodent…pretty much everything breathing. So then use the women’s crowd and compare, you’ll find they’re not too far off.

I want a change. However, I’m pretty confident flightware will involve the next coach. Remember, Morris helped recruit this team. We have great ATHLETES on this team.

Someone posted the other day we need to run. Absolutely with these guys, hides the lack of a point guard.

Red Panda rocking the dome Saturday. Pan-da! Pan-da! Pan-da!
    Players are gonna be leaving regardless. They don’t want to play for Bob anymore. Next year will once again see tons of new faces with very few familiar.

Players are gonna be leaving regardless. They don’t want to play for Bob anymore. Next year will once again see tons of new faces with very few familiar.
    This isn't a new theme. The roster turnover yearly is extremely high.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    This isn't a new theme. The roster turnover yearly is extremely high.
    Get ready for it to be higher than normal

I used to go to most of the Thursday night games. I quit when LA Tech hammered us like a biddy basketball team at home. I really don't have interest in a basketball team without any point guards of quality. How can a coach not recruit a point guard?

Players going to leave as they have in the past. Egos. For every Cedric and Wilson that goes to a power conference and becomes a role player, how many left and didn’t find the greener grass? NIL in play now, I’d guess 2500 into the MBB portal this year. Many crushed ego and dreams.

Look at Brown…3 years, 3 programs. Do I hope he stays, heck yeah. Do I expect someone to drop cash on him from a P5? Probably. Money trumps coach. Look at Dez…if money wasn’t in play, we don’t lose all those guys.

Just fire up the flightware come April, don’t see this being survivable unless March Magic happens. Which would be a hoot…the meltdown would be epic.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information