Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball: Tickets on Sale Now for Youngsville Mardi Gras Mambo Tournament

1. UL Softball Softball: Tickets on Sale Now for Youngsville Mardi Gras Mambo Tournament

Daily tournament passes are now on sale for the 2022 Mardi Gras Mambo NCAA Collegiate Softball Tournament set for Friday-Sunday, Feb. 25-27 at the Youngsville Sports Complex in nearby Youngsville, La.

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team is scheduled to participate in the event, which is being hosted by Southeastern Louisiana University. Each of Louisiana's games in the tournament will be played on the Supreme Rice Field and the team will occupy the third base dugout.

Daily tournament passes provide access to tournament games on a specific day and are available for purchase online for $15, only through the Youngsville Sports Complex at www.YoungsvilleSportsComplex.com. For CajunVic to the ticket portal, click here.

Separate passes are required for admission each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Passes are required for anyone aged 13 and older, free for children aged 12 and under.

Tickets can also be purchased onsite as a walk-up by credit card only. No cash will be accepted.

GENERAL ENTRY GUIDELINES
    Passes can be printed, or scanned on your mobile device at the gate.
    Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs or blankets – Outfield seating available based on weather.
    No re-entry will be allowed.
    Gates will open 2 hours before the first game time.
    LOUISIANA'S SCHEDULE OF GAMES
    Played on Supreme Rice Field
    Friday, Feb. 25 // vs. Eastern Illinois // 2:00 p.m.
    Friday, Feb. 25 // vs. St. Thomas // 4:00 p.m.
    Saturday, Feb. 26 // vs. Portland State // 3:00 p.m.
    Saturday, Feb. 26 // vs. Lipscomb // 5:00 p.m.
    Sunday, Feb. 27 // vs. Alabama // 11:00 a.m.

The Ragin' Cajuns will be joined by fellow in-state teams from Southeastern Louisiana, Nicholls, Northwestern State and Louisiana Tech. The remainder of the tournament field includes: Alabama, Eastern Illinois, Lipscomb, Portland State and St. Thomas.

Several teams are scheduled to ride in the Youngsville Mardi Gras Parade, which will be held Saturday, February 26.

For the latest updates and information on the tournament, please visit YoungsvilleSportsComplex.com.

Default Re: Softball: Tickets on Sale Now for Youngsville Mardi Gras Mambo Tournament

Great, but why is Southeastern hosting this ?

Default Re: Softball: Tickets on Sale Now for Youngsville Mardi Gras Mambo Tournament

I bought my tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday today. The cost is $15 per day and it gets you into all games for the day.

I was concerned about seating. I was told they are bringing in temporary bleachers for the field where the Cajuns will be playing all of their games. The bleacher capacity will be about 1500. Plus, the field is about 280 ft to the fences. Softball to left and right field only need 200 ft. So, a temporary fence will be put up. Fans will be able to sit in the outfield behind the temporary fence. So, there should be enough seating to handle everyone.

On Friday and Saturday there will be five games going on at once.

It should be a fun toournament.

Gonna be a fun weekend. I'll be spinning on one of the floats. Might hang my flag off the back if they let. Y'all pass by and say hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Gonna be a fun weekend. I'll be spinning on one of the floats. Might hang my flag off the back if they let. Y'all pass by and say hi
    DJ Jeaux in da house.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    DJ Jeaux in da house.
    Lol. JMV I know you love softball but I was told that you were quiet and reserved outside of the Page. Will you be participating in the festivities that weekend?

Lol. JMV I know you love softball but I was told that you were quiet and reserved outside of the Page. Will you be participating in the festivities that weekend?
    Someone lied to you. Is this an invite?

Someone lied to you. Is this an invite?
    Sure thing. I'll be in the staging area by the complex before and after. Pass by

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Yup...coming into our own back yard and making money off our home crowd.

It is a question that should be answered. Is UL receiving a guarantee?

Sure thing. I'll be in the staging area by the complex before and after. Pass by
    I'll just ask for Jeaux.

I'll just ask for Jeaux.
    Can’t miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Can’t miss him.
    You will have to text me and give the scoop. I am not sure who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Anyone know how SLU got to be the host?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Anyone know how SLU got to be the host?
    They leased the facility.

15. Default Re: Softball: Tickets on Sale Now for Youngsville Mardi Gras Mambo Tournament

It’s their tournament. We get to pick up 5 away games in Youngsville. How sweet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information