Thread: Conner Wisham

1. Default Conner Wisham

I had posted this earlier, that I hoped we would have a chance to sign TJ Wisham's younger brother, even it was to a PWO spot. It appears he committed to Prairie View A&M.

He had offers from PVAMU, McNeese, SLU and Southern. He committed Tuesday to them.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Co...ruitInterests/

Good luck to Conner at PVAMU.

Default Re: Conner Wisham

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I had posted this earlier, that I hoped we would have a chance to sign TJ Wisham's younger brother, even it was to a PWO spot. It appears he committed to Prairie View A&M.

He had offers from PVAMU, McNeese, SLU and Southern. He committed Tuesday to them.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Co...ruitInterests/

Good luck to Conner at PVAMU.
    Dang a friend of mine from Zachary has raved about him.

3. Default Re: Conner Wisham

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Dang a friend of mine from Zachary has raved about him.
    Yeah his JR and SR numbers were pretty good.

as a Senior he had 1206 yards on 167 carries for 7.2 YPC average and 19 Rushing TD's he also caught 17 passes for 236 yards and 2 TD's.

As a Junior he had 1001 yards on 128 carries for a 7.8 YPC average and 17 Rushing TD's he also caught 9 passes for 122 yards and 1 TD.

Pretty good numbers, his brother was a really good ST player for us as well as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yeah his JR and SR numbers were pretty good.

as a Senior he had 1206 yards on 167 carries for 7.2 YPC average and 19 Rushing TD's he also caught 17 passes for 236 yards and 2 TD's.

As a Junior he had 1001 yards on 128 carries for a 7.8 YPC average and 17 Rushing TD's he also caught 9 passes for 122 yards and 1 TD.

Pretty good numbers, his brother was a really good ST player for us as well as a leader.
    I like Wisham, but the prospect we are recruiting was flying under the radar because he played QB in the pistol, and is very similar to Elijah McGuire. He had 1'616 Yards Rushing with 16 TDs, and additional 2,111 Yards Passing for 22 TDs. Similar profile as Smith and McGuire coming out of high school, not heavily recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I like Wisham, but the prospect we are recruiting was flying under the radar because he played QB in the pistol, and is very similar to Elijah McGuire. He had 1'616 Yards Rushing with 16 TDs, and additional 2,111 Yards Passing for 22 TDs. Similar profile as Smith and McGuire coming out of high school, not heavily recruited.
    Was flying under the radar or is he still under the radar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Was flying under the radar or is he still under the radar ?
    At this point, he has state offers very similar to McGuire because of his Test scores. His grades are fine. People forget, or didn't know but McGuire was one of the players that tested at the site in Mississippi. He narrowly qualified on the sliding scale.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    At this point, he has state offers very similar to McGuire because of his Test scores. His grades are fine. People forget, or didn't know but McGuire was one of the players that tested at the site in Mississippi. He narrowly qualified on the sliding scale.
    Oh, I remember and he also reclassified which also helped us, if I remember that correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Oh, I remember and he also reclassified which also helped us, if I remember that correctly.
    Yes. I remember HUD saying recruiters were call his high school looking for him when he was a freshman here.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Who?
    Talking about Elijah McGuire. Many schools didn't target him cause they thought he was only a junior. When he was a freshman and already enrolled here some coaches were still calling Vanderbilt Catholic thinking he was a senior. I think that's how the story goes.

Thread Information