Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Evan Padillia Official news

1. Default Evan Padillia Official news

https://twitter.com/evan_padilla13/s...62073127063552

I posted this a few weeks ago, but it appears that Evan Padillia, kicker from UMASS has made it official, he is coming to UL.

Default Re: Evan Padillia Official news

Time for a little UMass trivia.

UL played them (MBB) there back in the late 80's or early 90's. It was either the last game in their old arena or first game in their new arena. Wait, now I remember; it was the end of January 1993. We lived up there and didn't make the game because that was the first night of our trip moving back to Lafayette.

BTW, we lost. That was back when UMass was a major force in MBB.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

UL played them (MBB) there back in the late 80's or early 90's. It was either the last game in their old arena or first game in their new arena. Wait, now I remember; it was the end of January 1993. We lived up there and didn't make the game because that was the first night of our trip moving back to Lafayette.

UMASS returned the trip to the Cajundome. Calipari was their coach. Had Marcus Camby and Lou Roe. I think two Hispanic guards: Travioso and Padilla. Jerry West was in the dome that night scouting

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    UMASS returned the trip to the Cajundome. Calipari was their coach. Had Marcus Camby and Lou Roe. I think two Hispanic guards: Travioso and Padilla. Jerry West was in the dome that night scouting
    I did make that one, it was a Saturday afternoon with almost a full house. They were good. We weren't bad, just not that good.

5. Default Re: Evan Padillia Official news

I remember them coming here in 1994-1995 season, they had Marcus Camby on that team and they were really good. They finished the season losing in the Elite 8. We of course finished 7-22 that year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I remember them coming here in 1994-1995 season, they had Marcus Camby on that team and they were really good. They finished the season losing in the Elite 8. We of course finished 7-22 that year.
    Oops, I guess my remembrance of being "good" was thinking we were 22-7!

7. Default Re: Evan Padillia Official news

Oops, I guess my remembrance of being "good" was thinking we were 22-7!
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ette/1995.html

We were really young that year and really did not have a PG (except Otis Lanier). Barry Bowman handled the ball and he was more of an 2 Guard. Bryan Collins was the only Senior on the team, Bowman was a Sophomore, Chris Manuel and Kelvin Price were Freshman as well as Reggie Poole and Chris Snowden. Kevin Scruggs was a Sophomore.

We were 16-12 the next year with Conley Verdun and Chris Snowden running the point

Yep, we got handled pretty well.

Their old house was called The Cage, and it was the last night in there. They came up with a promo for it: The Rage In The Cage. And what opponent was a better fit for it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_Hicks_Cage

It was the last game in their old arena. The game was called “the rage in the cage” and it was on espn for midnight madness. When they returned the trip to lafayette they were ranked number 4. We were not very good that year. Although Camby was on the team he didn’t play. We still lost by 30. I have fond memories of that game being a ball boy on the visitors bench getting to shoot the schitt with Camby and Calipari pregame.

Our firm was involved in the design and construction of the new arena. A friend of mine and co-worker, a grad of UMass, was the project engineer.

Back to Football....scholarship or PWO? What does this say about Almondare's recovery?

Hopefully pwo

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Back to Football....scholarship or PWO? What does this say about Almondare's recovery?
    As well as the guy(s) we already have on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    And who was our coach at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And who was our coach at that time?
    I'll chime in, although it has been shown RD knows a lot more than I do.

I'll take Fletch for $500, Alex.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information