Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lance Key steps down as head coach

Default Re: Lance Key steps down as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is there a women's soccer transfer portal?
    Yes, we lost one of our top players to Mississippi State before this season.

Maggard doesn’t fund anything but Football…

Soccer has shown marked improvement the past couple of years. Key was a good hire, even though he’s stepping down. Maggard will get another one to keep raising the bar. Simply making or winning a game in the sunbelt tournament should be the floor in terms of expectations. Keep moving onward and upward.

Off subject, but I sure hope we can get men's soccer soon. SBC will be a legit men's soccer conference soon.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Maggard doesn’t fund anything but Football…
    Hate to say it but only reason soccer and volleyball exist is to meet the title 9 law

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Hate to say it but only reason soccer and volleyball exist is to meet the title 9 law
    I disagree, athletic college chicks wearing shorts has always been a part of my college experiance...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I disagree, athletic college chicks wearing shorts has always been a part of my college experiance...
    Club sports can offer you the same benefits none of the cost. Lol

Maybe soccer, but we've had volleyball for years.

9. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Lance Key steps down as head coach

We need those sports for coaching, and football offsets.

Kind of like when Al Gore buys thousands of forest acres to offset his jet-set lifestyle. It’s all for our own good.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Off subject, but I sure hope we can get men's soccer soon. SBC will be a legit men's soccer conference soon.
    So we can suck at another minor money pit sport that we’re miles behind from the get go? No thanks. This this site already had the Marshall men’s soccer discussion, we don’t have anyone willing to dump millions into soccer like Marshall at UL…men’s or women’s.

That can be said about every women’s sport. If not for Mr. Lamson, our women’s programs are historically putrid with brief blips on the radar.

I imagine there’s not much of a discrepancy in pay between a DIII school and a G5 DI school for women’s soccer. If he got a job closer to home for the same pay, good for him.

If we are still keeping our um… “lesser sport” coaches on low salary, one year contracts, that tells you what kind of priority we actually give to these sports. So how can I get worked up about something like this? It is what it is.

12. Default Re: Lance Key steps down as head coach

These sports matter to players, families, and coaches obviously. Throw in coaching families and that’s a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I imagine there’s not much of a discrepancy in pay between a DIII school and a G5 DI school for women’s soccer. If he got a job closer to home for the same pay, good for him.

If we are still keeping our um… “lesser sport” coaches on low salary, one year contracts, that tells you what kind of priority we actually give to these sports. So how can I get worked up about something like this? It is what it is.
    I want to be competitive in everything but... Do you want to fund soccer at the expense of football or baseball ?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Something must have happened. You don’t leave a D1 to go to a D3 unless something happened
    Their tuition is almost $40k a year

15. Default Re: Lance Key steps down as head coach

We are running off good people because of Covid Stupidity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information