Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Burnt Roux in the Portal

UL Football 2022 Burnt Roux in the Portal

Who transferred, quit or exhausted their eligibility?

Yes, CBN is gone. Skip it.

Default Re: So what players are we losing? Be nice everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Who transferred, quit or exhausted their eligibility?

Yes, CBN is gone. Skip it.
    Dominique Ratcliff to Texas State for sure.

Well the biggest issue will who will be bought with a big NIL deal? Tampering is the big issue the NCAA will deal with soon.

I haven't heard much about many players entering the portal? Is the portal open all year long or do they have deadlines? Can a kid wait until after spring ball to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well the biggest issue will who will be bought with a big NIL deal? Tampering is the big issue the NCAA will deal with soon.
    NCAA has their hands tied with NIL issues. They kicked the can down the road too long and state legislatures stepped in.

Some players who could come back with the extra year won’t because they’re ready to start their after football lives. Don’t have the list with me because I’m on the road, but we will have some transfer out while also having some come in.

I was surprised at how deep we are at some positions when I looked at the full roster a while back.

According to Shane Vallot’s Twitter he is hanging up his cleats and moving on to the next big thing.

O line will be interesting because we got some talented guys in the wings… looking forward to king McGowan and Camron waites

Really curious who will be starting center next year. Hope we can get wells to recommit

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    According to Shane Vallot’s Twitter he is hanging up his cleats and moving on to the next big thing.
    I think he wants to go into coaching. Not sure if High school or college

Shane will be coaching.

Rubio will be back after rehab..no need to worry about OL...time to reload.

A lot of RS juniors. Will be interesting to see what they do

Honestly, I may be wrong about some of these because of the COVID extra year of eligibility has made things confusing.

Tayland Humphrey - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable expectation to be drafted

Chauncy Manac - no eligibility left; will go pro; I expect him to fly up the draft board after the combine

Ferrod Gardner - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable chance to be drafted

Ken Marks - no eligibility left; age may factor into draft stock; could be a NFL camp guy, but wants to coach

Nate Snyder - I think he's out of eligibility

Cam Solomon - I think he's out of eligibility; might get invited to a camp

Jalen Williams (WR) - I think he's out of eligibility

Levi Lewis - Out of eligibility; indicated he wants to coach or use his degree

Bobby Hill (LS) - I think out of eligibility

Shane Vallot - I think 1 year of eligibility remaining, but has indicated he is going into coaching

Percy Butler - 1 year of eligibility, but appears to be going pro; playing in a senior bowl; reasonably good chance to be drafted

Max Mitchell - 1 year left, but apparently going pro; playing in a Senior Bowl; Will get drafted, maybe very high

Dominique Ratcliff (DL) - has transferred to Texas St.

Matthew Anderson (OL who transferred from Nebraska) - in the portal

Bobby Holmes (CB)- in the portal

Kobe Hylton (DB) - Has transferred to UTEP

Jamal Bell (WR) - Listed as a senior, was in the transfer portal, but pulled his name and returned to UL; May be able to take a redshirt and thus have 1 season of eligibility left

From the current roster, that's all I know. Whatever happened to TJ Fiailoa, the All Sunbelt OL who transferred from ULM? He was a player but I don't see him on the roster.

14. Default Re: So what players are we losing? Be nice everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    Honestly, I may be wrong about some of these because of the COVID extra year of eligibility has made things confusing.

Tayland Humphrey - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable expectation to be drafted

Chauncy Manac - no eligibility left; will go pro; I expect him to fly up the draft board after the combine

Ferrod Gardner - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable chance to be drafted

Ken Marks - no eligibility left; age may factor into draft stock; could be a NFL camp guy, but wants to coach

Nate Snyder - I think he's out of eligibility

Cam Solomon - I think he's out of eligibility; might get invited to a camp

Jalen Williams (WR) - I think he's out of eligibility

Levi Lewis - Out of eligibility; indicated he wants to coach or use his degree

Bobby Hill (LS) - I think out of eligibility

Shane Vallot - I think 1 year of eligibility remaining, but has indicated he is going into coaching

Percy Butler - 1 year of eligibility, but appears to be going pro; playing in a senior bowl; reasonably good chance to be drafted

Max Mitchell - 1 year left, but apparently going pro; playing in a Senior Bowl; Will get drafted, maybe very high

Dominique Ratcliff (DL) - has transferred

Matthew Anderson (OL who transferred from Nebraska) - in the portal

Bobby Holmes (CB)- in the portal

Kobe Hylton (DB) - Has transferred

From the current roster, that's all I know. Whatever happened to TJ Fiaola, the All Sunbelt OL who transferred from ULM? He was a player but I don't see him on the roster.
    Fiailoa had some things he needed to work on. He is in school and I think he and the team hope that he is back on the roster in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Fiailoa had some things he needed to work on. He is in school and I think he and the team hope that he is back on the roster in 2022.
    Great news! I would really like to see him succeed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information