Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Burnt Roux in the Portal

1. Default Re: Five Biggest losers from Transfer Portal

Dog shįt article. This dude talks about Louisiana football like I would talk about gymnastics. No clue.

Not sure why we keep posting these things and doing this to ourselves..

2. Default Re: Five Biggest losers from Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Dog shįt article. This dude talks about Louisiana football like I would talk about gymnastics. No clue.

Not sure why we keep posting these things and doing this to ourselves..
    Because everybody wants to be the man . . .

Default Re: Five Biggest losers from Transfer Portal

We lost some good players, but still plenty of talent to plug gaps. No reason to sound any alarms. Although I'm a bit concerned with who will take over at nose tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by NWLA Cajun View Post
    We lost some good players, but still plenty of talent to plug gaps. No reason to sound any alarms. Although I'm a bit concerned with who will take over at nose tackle.
    Can't deny we lost a good bit of talent. Question is how deep are we in those positions, who does Des have coming in i.e. Incoming freshman, JUCOS and through the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Can't deny we lost a good bit of talent. Question is how deep are we in those positions, who does Des have coming in i.e. Incoming freshman, JUCOS and through the portal?
    You'll find out Feb.2...until then, take a breather...there's very little information coming out now about who's signing. I understand this weekend, as always, is a huge school visit weekend.

Have you not been paying attention? Beside this BS article, which most "national" articles are because they don't pay attention or do any research when it comes to G5 teams, if you were paying attention you'd know the shape of the roster. Don't expect anyone to come from the portal this year. This is the year we need to trim rosters down to 85 scholarship players. You know what? Every team has to do this, which is why many of those 3000+ players in the portal won't be on any team next season. Beside the "top" players in the portal, most aren't worth offering a scholarship compared to a high school senior.

UL did sign a big OT from Michigan State out of the Portal.

It’s hard to be a winner in the portal when your coach says he is not interested in picking up players that way. Of course your losses will out way your gains that way.

https://sports.yahoo.com/five-bigges...9.html?src=rss

Not looking good right now folks. Coach Des got some work to do.
    Rather than putting players in the NFL, most G5 schools will become P5 minor league teams. The new recruiting pitch will be "hey, we have 20 former players at P5 schools now". At least UL won't have to worry about players transferring to LSU and thanking "ULL" for the opportunity........... oh wait

10. Default Re: Five Biggest losers from Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Rather than putting players in the NFL, most G5 schools will become P5 minor league teams. The new recruiting pitch will be "hey, we have 20 former players at P5 schools now". At least UL won't have to worry about players transferring to LSU and thanking "UL" for the opportunity........... oh wait
    Get lost, Candice.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Rather than putting players in the NFL, most G5 schools will become P5 minor league teams. The new recruiting pitch will be "hey, we have 20 former players at P5 schools now". At least UL won't have to worry about players transferring to LSU and thanking "UL" for the opportunity........... oh wait
    I love when trailer park trash shows up with a fancy name to make them feel better about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Have you not been paying attention? Beside this BS article, which most "national" articles are because they don't pay attention or do any research when it comes to G5 teams, if you were paying attention you'd know the shape of the roster. Don't expect anyone to come from the portal this year. This is the year we need to trim rosters down to 85 scholarship players. You know what? Every team has to do this, which is why many of those 3000+ players in the portal won't be on any team next season. Beside the "top" players in the portal, most aren't worth offering a scholarship compared to a high school senior.
    He might need to change his moniker? Can't be no1 if you don't know this already.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You'll find out Feb.2...until then, take a breather...there's very little information coming out now about who's signing. I understand this weekend, as always, is a huge school visit weekend.
    From what has been said on this site, we only have 7-9 scholarships.

And this includes both leftovers from the early signing day AND those transferring out.

Gonna ask somebody a lot smarter than me: Did CBN overextend us on scholarships?

We will only have 15 (early signing day plus what we'll sign in February) but it seems many others are signing regular numbers.

I've heard this is the year scholarships need to get back down to 85, but it just seems this is affecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    From what has been said on this site, we only have 7-9 scholarships.

And this includes both leftovers from the early signing day AND those transferring out.

Gonna somebody a lot smarter than me: Did CBN overextend us on scholarships?

We will only have 15 (early signing day plus what we'll sign in February) but it seems a many others are signing regular numbers.

I've heard this is the year scholarships need to get back down to 85, but it just seems this is affecting us.
    We're not "overextended" on scholarships. Simple math of getting back down to 85. It's affecting every school in different ways. Some schools that sucked are dropping players from scholarships to add incoming JUCOs and transfers, looking at you Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    He might need to change his moniker? Can't be no1 if you don't know this already.
    Maybe no1casualcajunfan...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information