Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Burnt Roux in the Portal

Default Re: So what players are we losing? Be nice everyone!

The below are listed as redshirt juniors/juniors so they could come back as super seniors but not sure if they will or not. Not including max Mitchell, Percy butler, and Shane vallot who won't return next year.

Lorenzo McCaskill
    Zion Hill
    Kris Moncrief
    John Stephens
    Michael Jefferson
    AJ Washington
    Eric Garror
    Jayrin Wilson
    TJ Wisham
    Bralen Trahan
    Ja'len Johnson
    Jordan Quibodeaux
    Rhys Byrnes
    Carlos Rubio
    David Hudson
    Johnny Lumpkin
    Hunter Bergeron
    Jaquane Nelson

So that is 18 big time contributors that may or may not return. I believe some will just want to graduate and move on and start making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    The below are listed as redshirt juniors/juniors so they could come back as super seniors but not sure if they will or not. Not including max Mitchell, Percy butler, and Shane vallot who won't return next year.

Lorenzo McCaskill
    Zion Hill
    Kris Moncrief
    John Stephens
    Michael Jefferson
    AJ Washington
    Eric Garror
    Jayrin Wilson
    TJ Wisham
    Bralen Trahan
    Ja'len Johnson
    Jordan Quibodeaux
    Rhys Byrnes
    Carlos Rubio
    David Hudson
    Johnny Lumpkin
    Hunter Bergeron
    Jaquane Nelson

So that is 18 big time contributors that may or may not return. I believe some will just want to graduate and move on and start making money.
    This list makes me wanna throw up!!! I don’t want to think about losing anybody that could come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    Honestly, I may be wrong about some of these because of the COVID extra year of eligibility has made things confusing.

Tayland Humphrey - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable expectation to be drafted

Chauncy Manac - no eligibility left; will go pro; I expect him to fly up the draft board after the combine

Ferrod Gardner - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable chance to be drafted

Ken Marks - no eligibility left; age may factor into draft stock; could be a NFL camp guy, but wants to coach

Nate Snyder - I think he's out of eligibility

Cam Solomon - I think he's out of eligibility; might get invited to a camp

Jalen Williams (WR) - I think he's out of eligibility

Levi Lewis - Out of eligibility; indicated he wants to coach or use his degree

Bobby Hill (LS) - I think out of eligibility

Shane Vallot - I think 1 year of eligibility remaining, but has indicated he is going into coaching

Percy Butler - 1 year of eligibility, but appears to be going pro; playing in a senior bowl; reasonably good chance to be drafted

Max Mitchell - 1 year left, but apparently going pro; playing in a Senior Bowl; Will get drafted, maybe very high

Dominique Ratcliff (DL) - has transferred to Texas St.

Matthew Anderson (OL who transferred from Nebraska) - in the portal

Bobby Holmes (CB)- in the portal

Kobe Hylton (DB) - Has transferred to UTEP

Jamal Bell (WR) - Listed as a senior, was in the transfer portal, but pulled his name and returned to UL; May be able to take a redshirt and thus have 1 season of eligibility left

From the current roster, that's all I know. Whatever happened to TJ Fiailoa, the All Sunbelt OL who transferred from ULM? He was a player but I don't see him on the roster.
    Bobby Hill is the biggest loss honestly.. The hair and name alone is next level

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He is definitely a Million $ kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    If we are lucky enough to get TJ Fiailoa back, he can take the reigns for our entry into the All-Hair Team. He's got a big ole Polynesian style 'do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He is definitely a Million $ kind of guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If we are lucky enough to get TJ Fiailoa back, he can take the reigns for our entry into the All-Hair Team. He's got a big ole Polynesian style 'do.
    I hear T.J. is all power... Hope that's the case. And get some reps in for Mackey Maillho. 6-8 358 lbs.

Lorenzo McCaskill
    Zion Hill
    Kris Moncrief
    John Stephens
    Michael Jefferson
    AJ Washington
    Eric Garror
    Jayrin Wilson
    TJ Wisham
    Bralen Trahan
    Ja'len Johnson
    Jordan Quibodeaux
    Rhys Byrnes
    Carlos Rubio
    David Hudson
    Johnny Lumpkin
    Hunter Bergeron
    Jaquane Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    This list makes me wanna throw up!!! I don’t want to think about losing anybody that could come back.
    Add to this list:
    TJ Fiailola (if he returns to the team)
    Jamal Bell (if he has 1 year of eligibility left)
    Andre Jones
    Andre Landry
    Jacob Kibodi
    and a couple of other guys

Even if every one of those guys come back as "Super" seniors next year, this will be our list for guys running out of eligibility next year at this time. Its amazing the depth that Napier and co. built in 4 short years - every one of these guys had significant playing time and impact this season. And some of those guys are from Hud recruiting classes if I'm remembering correctly. Some have had very significant impact for multiple seasons.

Honestly, I may be wrong about some of these because of the COVID extra year of eligibility has made things confusing.

Tayland Humphrey - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable expectation to be drafted

Chauncy Manac - no eligibility left; will go pro; I expect him to fly up the draft board after the combine

Ferrod Gardner - no eligibility left; will go pro; reasonable chance to be drafted

Ken Marks - no eligibility left; age may factor into draft stock; could be a NFL camp guy, but wants to coach

Nate Snyder - I think he's out of eligibility

Cam Solomon - I think he's out of eligibility; might get invited to a camp

Jalen Williams (WR) - I think he's out of eligibility

Levi Lewis - Out of eligibility; indicated he wants to coach or use his degree

Bobby Hill (LS) - I think out of eligibility

Shane Vallot - I think 1 year of eligibility remaining, but has indicated he is going into coaching

Percy Butler - 1 year of eligibility, but appears to be going pro; playing in a senior bowl; reasonably good chance to be drafted

Max Mitchell - 1 year left, but apparently going pro; playing in a Senior Bowl; Will get drafted, maybe very high

Dominique Ratcliff (DL) - has transferred to Texas St.

Matthew Anderson (OL who transferred from Nebraska) - in the portal

Bobby Holmes (CB)- in the portal

Kobe Hylton (DB) - Has transferred to UTEP

Jamal Bell (WR) - Listed as a senior, was in the transfer portal, but pulled his name and returned to UL; May be able to take a redshirt and thus have 1 season of eligibility left

From the current roster, that's all I know. Whatever happened to TJ Fiailoa, the All Sunbelt OL who transferred from ULM? He was a player but I don't see him on the roster.
    Nice breakdown, thanks

He’s the guy always cutting up on the sideline. Is he projected to be pretty good? Sure is big and friendly.

Mackey that is...

Last edited by RedBug58; December 22nd, 2021 at 12:54 pm. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Nice breakdown, thanks
    From what I understand the only ones so far that have eligibility and are not coming back are Mitchell, butler, and Vallot…. I think we will have a majority of guys that are eligible come back to play. Next year will be another hell of a ride.

Lorenzo McCaskill
    Zion Hill
    Kris Moncrief
    John Stephens
    Michael Jefferson
    AJ Washington
    Eric Garror
    Jayrin Wilson
    TJ Wisham
    Bralen Trahan
    Ja'len Johnson
    Jordan Quibodeaux
    Rhys Byrnes
    Carlos Rubio
    David Hudson
    Johnny Lumpkin
    Hunter Bergeron
    Jaquane Nelson

Can you narrow that down by who did and did not take part in senior day? That would give you a better idea of who is planning on leaving. And rumor is some of those may have 2nd thoughts. If they didn't do Sr day it means they were planning on returning all along.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Can you narrow that down by who did and did not take part in senior day? That would give you a better idea of who is planning on leaving. And rumor is some of those may have 2nd thoughts. If they didn't do Sr day it means they were planning on returning all along.
    Wish I could, but I don't remember who did participate in senior day. All I remember is hunter Bergeron, max Mitchell, and percy

Well, let me take this occasion to stir the pot. I think Trahan & Lumpkin would be crazy not to come back, at least if they have NFL aspirations. Those are two guys who have a lot of NFL potential, but could use another season to put themselves in draft position. Jefferson is also another guy who could put himself in position to be drafted as well. While I'm at it let me add Zion Hill & McCaskill as well. Okay Garror also. All of these guys are potential draft choices. But they could all use another season to really make a name for themselves.

I can't believe I'm talking about that many players from UL being potential Draft choices.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information