Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    How dare you question my work!

Just kidding. Are you talking about Myers? He went from South Carolina to Ole Miss.
    Austin Shepherd.

I just know from snooping around that a lot of analyst aren’t listed on teams websites. You have to dig deep to find out who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well, then how would you know "its not unusual"? If you say its hard to quantify, why would you say its not unusual? Just trying to figure how youre coming to that conclusion.
    Bc I pay close to attention to coaching searches. It’s one of my favorite times of year. When a coach leaves he always brings a ton of guys with him. Position coaches and others. I am going by what I see and feel. Some feel it’s unprecedented, I personally don’t.

I will say it may be more than normal but No one can show definitive numbers either way. this is also a time that support staff is growing exponentially so you should see more coaches taking more support with them. The Saben model has taken over and you are seeing all the P5’s try to cop it. In my opinion Napier is doing it better than anyone else has.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Austin Shepherd.

I just know from snooping around that a lot of analyst aren’t listed on teams websites. You have to dig deep to find out who they are.
    Shepard doesn’t count. See previous post

Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Shane Vallot arrived in Gainsville

Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Shane Vallot arrived in Gainsville
    Great opportunity for the kid. Resume booster working under sale

Shepard doesn’t count. See previous post
    My mistake. Seen a comment thanking Kiffin for giving him a chance.

Bc I pay close to attention to coaching searches. It’s one of my favorite times of year. When a coach leaves he always brings a ton of guys with him. Position coaches and others. I am going by what I see and feel. Some feel it’s unprecedented, I personally don’t.

I will say it may be more than normal but No one can show definitive numbers either way. this is also a time that support staff is growing exponentially so you should see more coaches taking more support with them. The Saben model has taken over and you are seeing all the P5’s try to cop it. In my opinion Napier is doing it better than anyone else has.
    But someone DID post some numbers. You havent shown anything to support your opinion. But I see you said, you just go by what you feel.

8. Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    What I don't understand is, if uf's staff is mostly our staff from last year AND the players that have left, moved to sec schools, shouldn't we have looked better last year.

I know we went 13-1, but a lot of those games were close and...
    The, only way to look better than 13-1 is
    to go 14-0

Napier did the best job ever of not over exposing his offense, showing his hand, and doing what it takes to win.

The only game his strategy hurt the outcome was the season opener.

9. Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Okay, but the suggestion that this is standard operating procedure as for as an entire operation from top to bottom is not accurate. If someone wants to spend the time at reading athletic websites and compare staff changes from year to year, the information exist. You won't find detailed information in news articles because media doesn't find that information relevant. Recent changes at Oklahoma and USC aren't close in total numbers of football operations.

Frankly, I'm over Billy Napier and people don't want to hear about this any longer. But that doesn't change the facts on the ground.

Richard leaving is not a total surprise, because as of two weeks ago he changed his Twitter profile from Assistant Football Coach at Louisiana, to just Football Coach with no mention of UL. I trust in Mike Desormeaux, he will get the job done.
    Did Desormeaux let him know he would not be retained?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    But someone DID post some numbers. You havent shown anything to support your opinion. But I see you said, you just go by what you feel.
    3 teams is such a big sample size to go by right?

And I don’t trust numbers that are for analyst. Some teams do not post info on them. In our media guide we showed some but on our website they were never listed under the staff.

And I don’t trust numbers that are for analyst. Some teams do not post info on them. In our media guide we showed some but on our website they were never listed under the staff.
    The two coaches used were the most recent G5 to P5 transitions.

I used media guide. Please, by all means, do your own research

12. Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

…….and yes there is also the guess some UL staff was let go for any justifiable reasons and went to Fla…..Also think of retained staff and their knowing some replacements that will be better than those leaving…..if Viator stays, he could probably hire an entire staff to work under him! Think of all the young guys in Acadiana and state areas our present coaches have been impressed with……can’t/won’t/don’t know if he would come but talk about talented names that could be part of the staff from Acadiana and afar!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    It's really hard to compare this to anything, mainly because there are very few G5's that have the kind of support staff we have. And, I think it's what set us apart.

You have few G5's who have that many staff people to poach. And, that's one of the reasons why this is unprecedented. Very small sample size.
    I agree with this and by the numbers reported, the support staff at Florida will be 50% or more than what UL had. So Napier could take everyone of the support staff at UL and still have another 50% to fill.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like that all these folks are leaving. They will be replaced, but it would be foolish to think that there isn't going to be some sort of dip in productivity until the program is fully staffed and working full bore.

I will do some digging myself over the weekend but the fact I keep trying to show is that you can look in media guides and team websites all you want, some analyst will not show up. They are called the shadow staff for a reason. I know of a few UL analyst who moved on in the last 4 years and most never showed up in any media.

LOL! Ok my guy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information