Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Coach Headed to Florida

UL Football Another Coach Headed to Florida

Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Honest question. How come Billy can’t take any coach from ANOTHER program? I understand his obvious ties to Louisiana but damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Honest question. How come Billy can’t take any coach from ANOTHER program? I understand his obvious ties to Louisiana but damn!
    This is not unusual. Coached leaving for other jobs will typically take half or even more than half of their staff with them. we just aren't accustomed to it because Napier is the first coach from Louisiana to be offered another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If you have paid attention he has taken a lot of coaches from other programs. He’s building a huge staff.

Why wouldn’t he want the guys who have helped him build the program here? They know his expectations and what he needs from his coaches.

Also Des will add a lot of GA’s and analyst. Guys he and his assistants are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    This is not unusual. Coached leaving for other jobs will typically take half or even more than half of their staff with them. we just aren't accustomed to it because Napier is the first coach from Louisiana to be offered another job.
    I get that, I really do. This young man was here in 2014 under Hud…whatever.

Good for him as I’m sure it’s a pay raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    If you have paid attention he has taken a lot of coaches from other programs. He’s building a huge staff.

Why wouldn’t he want the guys who have helped him build the program here? They know his expectations and what he needs from his coaches.
    I didn’t pay too much attention honestly. Only the Louisiana staff. I’m sure he took a few from other schools but it feels like his staff is roughly 90% Louisiana. It is what it is.

Of course Dez will add and replace. Just a rough time for football fans around here of late.

It's not unusual that coaches leave when someone is promoted. It is unusual the large number of support staff have left with said coach that leaves for a major program. If you can find one that parallels this example in the last few years I'm willing to listen.

I agree with T. It’s the large number of support staff that upsets me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjh1979 View Post
    I agree with T. It’s the large number of support staff that upsets me!
    6 weeks later and still taking guys is weird. Napier may not have the connections he thought.

Billy has now taken over 20 players, coaches, support staff with him. Find another coach that has taken half the amount Billy has.

I'll hang up and listen

11. Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Not unusual? This is unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I didn’t think I was going crazy. We are in uncharted territory.

I disagree that this doesn’t happen in most places after coaching changes. You are just seeing it first hand. Most people have no clue who are the analyst, GA’s or personnel assistants are until they leave. This is the same at every school.

One thing Florida has done that most schools don’t, is publicly announce every single hire.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...taff/49485407/

Lol, I enjoyed this quote: "It'll be the most difficult early, but once we get this machine up and running, I think we’ll be able to have some pace to life where we can enjoy."

Didn't stay difficult for long if all he had to do was take the machine with him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information