Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LOL! Ok my guy
    Go look through UL’s media guide media guide and tell me how many analyst are listed. Here it is…

https://d1dhn91mufybwl.cloudfront.ne...8&fullscreen=1

How many analyst did you count? Schools don’t post most of there analyst and that’s a fact. You can go on believing whatever the ____ you want my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Go look through UL’s media guide media guide and tell me how many analyst are listed. Here it is…

How many analyst did you count? Schools don’t post most of there analyst and that’s a fact. You can go on believing whatever the ____ you want my guy.
    ULs guide was the exception this year, not the rule.

3. Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    ULs guide was the exception this year, not the rule.
    Normally they're respected?

I never said it was one way or the other. My only point has been you are claiming something with zero facts to back it up, other than "its how you feel". All the while telling everyone theyre wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I never said it was one way or the other. My only point has been you are claiming something with zero facts to back it up, other than "its how you feel". All the while telling everyone theyre wrong.
    And I’m saying no one has facts to back it up. The info is not readily available enough on analyst and other support staff.

Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

And I’m saying no one has facts to back it up. The info is not readily available enough on analyst and other support staff.
    Clutch, I'm usually 99% in agreement in what you post on this forum. But, you are defending the indefensible here and spinning the discussion. I don't give a crap if someone can't track analyst and other support staff on websites. If you follow coaches on Twitter, they are often following a number of people they know in those positions, including those at other programs and contacts through their coaching tree.

Analyst are important to programs, they break down film of opponents, look for tendencies, scout pl fact ayers and even help recruit now. Viator wore a headset for the bowl game and helped put together the game plan. The fact that he isn't listed on the football website, or any other essential staff member is irrelevant to the conversation when you look at the total number of personnel that were taken from the UL operations. I have friends that are involved in college football at TCU, Georgia, Southern Miss and Missouri. I also can tap former Cajuns players in the business and keep in contact with. And I now coaches in this program, including Des for a number of years. All I have to do is ask the right questions.

Billy Napier has a business model that is based up certain principles. From every stop he has made in his career, that is the one consistent thing I've heard about him. His core values and principles is why he is so well respected. From the information I've gathered, he didn't not follow all those principles in they way he hired staff away from his former program. In fact his actions were disrespectful to his former staff, his former players, athletic director and president. I don't care if it was because the pressure of the new job, or just ambition, he completely hired more personnel than the average coaching changes. That is the opinion of most of the people I lean on when it comes to college football. Some are okay with it, some saw it as a act of desperation.

For the sake of the board, I think this discussion has played itself out. If anyone wants to continue to defend Billy Napier's actions, that is their prerogative. From the information I have, it's not a opinion I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    No. That is not an accurate list.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Clutch, I'm usually 99% in agreement in what you post on this forum. But, you are defending the indefensible here and spinning the discussion. I don't give a crap if someone can't track analyst and other support staff on websites. If you follow coaches on Twitter, they are often following a number of people they know in those positions, including those at other programs and contacts through their coaching tree.

Analyst are important to programs, they break down film of opponents, look for tendencies, scout pl fact ayers and even help recruit now. Viator wore a headset for the bowl game and helped put together the game plan. The fact that he isn't listed on the football website, or any other essential staff member is irrelevant to the conversation when you look at the total number of personnel that were taken from the UL operations. I have friends that are involved in college football at TCU, Georgia, Southern Miss and Missouri. I also can tap former Cajuns players in the business and keep in contact with. And I now coaches in this program, including Des for a number of years. All I have to do is ask the right questions.

Billy Napier has a business model that is based up certain principles. From every stop he has made in his career, that is the one consistent thing I've heard about him. His core values and principles is why he is so well respected. From the information I've gathered, he didn't not follow all those principles in they way he hired staff away from his former program. In fact his actions were disrespectful to his former staff, his former players, athletic director and president. I don't care if it was because the pressure of the new job, or just ambition, he completely hired more personnel than the average coaching changes. That is the opinion of most of the people I lean on when it comes to college football. Some are okay with it, some saw it as a act of desperation.

For the sake of the board, I think this discussion has played itself out. If anyone wants to continue to defend Billy Napier's actions, that is their prerogative. From the information I have, it's not a opinion I agree with.
    As usual, you have summed up this issue very well. Agree 100%.

I am going to back away from this conversation bc I don’t feel my point is coming across correctly.

I am not a fan of what Napier has done. Not disputing the disrespect or what has happened behind the scenes. My argument is all about quantifying what other schools have lost.

All of this ^
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No. That is not an accurate list.
    Unless it hasn't been updated, yes it actually is.

I was simply offering that up as a place one might go to search for the staff directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Unless it hasn't been updated, yes it actually is.

I was simply offering that up as a place one might go to search for the staff directory.
    It hasn't been updated. Courtney Toney is not the head of cheerleading at UL, while her husband works at Florida.

About time we see a spring roster as well...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    About time we see a spring roster as well...
    Too early for a spring roster. That never happens until after National Signing Day, usually in March.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information