Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I have yet to see an example like Napier to Florida. I ran the numbers in a previous thread

Rough count by comparing staff pages

Lane Kiffin 2019 FAU to 2020 Ole Miss:
    0 players
    6 staff/coaches. He took his S&C guy, RB Coach, AST. Director of football ops, player development, defensive analyst, and offensive assistant

Harsin 2020 Boise to 2021 Auburn
    0 players
    10 staff. OC, DC, Run Game Coord, offensive grad assistant, director of sports performance, associate director of sports perf, assistant director of sports perf, chief of staff, director of recruiting, assistant to HC

We currently have 26 (and apparently counting)

1. Jabbar Juluke (RB Coach to RB Coach)
    2. Darnell Stapleton (OL coach to OL coach)
    3. Patrick Toney (DC to DC)
    4. Doug Domingue (Video to Director of Recruiting Innovation)
    5. Bri Wade (Director of On campus recruiting, same)
    6. CJ Wilford (Defensive Analyst to Defensive analyst)
    7. Edward Thompson (S&C assistant, same)
    8. Mark Hocke (S&C and Associate HC, same)
    9. Ashoor Peera (Dir of Player Engagement to AST Director of Football Ops)
    10. Ryan O’Hara (Offensive Analyst, same)
    11. Frank Ogas (Dir of Player Development to AST Dir of Player Development)
    12. Braxton Morris (defensive QC to defensive QC)
    13. Nick McDonald (Recruiting QC to personnel analyst for offense)
    14. Jacob LaFrance (Director of player personnel to same)
    15. Kyle Kazakevicius (Director of Recruiting and Offenside Analyst to Assistant DFO for Quality Control / Assistant to the Head Coach)
    16. Tony Hill (associate director of sports med/head FB trainer to same)
    17. Joe Hamiliton (QC player personnel and recruiting to defensive analyst)
    18. Karmicharl Dunbar (S&C assistant to same)
    19. David Doeker (offensive grad assistant to same)
    20. Andrew Burkett (Dir of research and eval, same)
    21. Chris Couch (ST to ST)
    22. O’Cyrus Torrence (OL)
    23. Montrelle Johnson (RB)
    24. Kamryn Waites (OL)
    25. An OL commit (name?)
    26. Mike Richard (OL QC)
    I don’t mean this to be inflammatory so please don’t take it that way but the exact numbers would be very hard to find. I know one example for Ole Miss that is probably not on your list. Our new director of recruiting and logistics was a GA with FAU and followed Kiffin to Ole Miss. These are positions that you don’t see the full scope of because more teams aren’t publishing the comings and goings of analyst and GA’s. Over the last 4 years we have had a lot of analyst move on without a word mentioned.

Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

I sure am glad Napier had all the national ties to all the other schools or he would really be poaching our staff. Just sayin.

Some of the job titles are amusing. Even Florida fans have been making jokes about it.

Name:  22DF5B8B-58C5-453A-9C7C-F7E7EA58D158.png
Views: 400
Size:  92.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No I cannot because there is not enough reporting around GA’s/analyst/off field personnel. It’s easy to find what on field coaches have left but no one here can find info either way on off field moves. It’s not widely reported. If someone wants to show me otherwise, I am here to listen. Also using sunbelt teams as an example would be a bad equivalent because they haven’t had near the size staff that UL did under Napier.

They are called the shadow staff for a reason. Most of our guys weren’t even listed on our teams website.
    Okay, but the suggestion that this is standard operating procedure as for as an entire operation from top to bottom is not accurate. If someone wants to spend the time at reading athletic websites and compare staff changes from year to year, the information exist. You won't find detailed information in news articles because media doesn't find that information relevant. Recent changes at Oklahoma and USC aren't close in total numbers of football operations.

Frankly, I'm over Billy Napier and people don't want to hear about this any longer. But that doesn't change the facts on the ground.

Richard leaving is not a total surprise, because as of two weeks ago he changed his Twitter profile from Assistant Football Coach at Louisiana, to just Football Coach with no mention of UL. I trust in Mike Desormeaux, he will get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Okay, but your suggestion that this is standard operating procedure as for as an entire operation from top to bottom is not accurate. If someone wants to spend the time at reading athletic websites and compare staff changes from year to year, the information exist. You won't find detailed information in news articles because media doesn't find that information relevant. Recent changes at Oklahoma and USC aren't close in total numbers if football operations.

Frankly, I'm over Billy Napier and people don't want to hear about this any longer. But that doesn't change the facts on the ground.

Richard leaving is not a total surprise, because as of two weeks ago he changed his Twitter profile from Assistant Football Coach at Louisiana, to just Football Coach with no mention of UL. I trust in Mike Desormeaux, he will get the job done.
    I trust him as well. I really don’t care who leaves anymore. It’s on Des to build his organization the way he wants.

Time to turn the page...Realize its hard for some of you to wrap your head around the fact that some people choose to follow their career dreams. Money talks and trumps most things, and how bad can it be to do the same work at UF that you did at UL, get paid twice as much, have a bigger budget to help you do your job, and then walk out of the tunnel 7 or 8 Saturdays a fall at home in front of 75000 fans...Thanks to casual fans, UL can't sell out a CCG as a nationally ranked team.

With that said, I think Maggard has to be smarter in "damage control" the next time we go through this again...and we will...

Okay, but the suggestion that this is standard operating procedure as for as an entire operation from top to bottom is not accurate. If someone wants to spend the time at reading athletic websites and compare staff changes from year to year, the information exist. You won't find detailed information in news articles because media doesn't find that information relevant. Recent changes at Oklahoma and USC aren't close in total numbers of football operations.

"Frankly, I'm over Billy Napier and people don't want to hear about this any longer."

This 1000%.....God I am tired of seeing his name. Block / Unfollow or whatever on social media and lets move on!

It's really hard to compare this to anything, mainly because there are very few G5's that have the kind of support staff we have. And, I think it's what set us apart.

You have few G5's who have that many staff people to poach. And, that's one of the reasons why this is unprecedented. Very small sample size.

I don’t mean this to be inflammatory so please don’t take it that way but the exact numbers would be very hard to find. I know one example for Ole Miss that is probably not on your list. Our new director of recruiting and logistics was a GA with FAU and followed Kiffin to Ole Miss. These are positions that you don’t see the full scope of because more teams aren’t publishing the comings and goings of analyst and GA’s. Over the last 4 years we have had a lot of analyst move on without a word mentioned.
    How dare you question my work!

Just kidding. Are you talking about Myers? He went from South Carolina to Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    How dare you question my work!

Just kidding. Are you talking about Myers? He went from South Carolina to Ole Miss.
    Austin Shepard joined FAU in June 2020 and stayed until Feb 2021. He didn’t coach with Kiffin at FAU. He did go to Ole Miss in 2021 as a GA. Since he was not on the 2019 FAU coaches roster and not on 2020 Ole Miss, he wasn’t counted.

I used both the website coaching roster and the coaching roster in the media guide or media notes.

Good luck to Vallot

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Good luck to Vallot
    Yes. I wish him all the best. Great guy.

Who knows……maybe this is just his first stop on a journey that will lead him back to us one day!

Staff comes and go. They can all be replaced. I hear this young lady is the next up and comer and will be every bit as good as Katy and Brie.

https://twitter.com/jessicasallen1/s...408626176?s=21

Well, then how would you know "its not unusual"? If you say its hard to quantify, why would you say its not unusual? Just trying to figure how youre coming to that conclusion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information