Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Coach Headed to Florida

Default Re: ANOTHER COACH HEADED TO FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Lol, I enjoyed this quote: "It'll be the most difficult early, but once we get this machine up and running, I think we’ll be able to have some pace to life where we can enjoy."

Didn't stay difficult for long if all he had to do was take the machine with him.
    Looks like UL had an SEC staff and based on all of the transfers to P5 schools, a mostly P5 lineup.

So, when Dez punches his ticket to the next level, will he gut us like Napier? Obviously it’s about surrounding yourself with people you trust and not rolling with leftover staff in key roles.

Tired of the rational. This sucks. There’s no way to spin it. It’s okay for fans to be angry even if they have some level of understanding as to why this is happening. It just plain sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I disagree that this doesn’t happen in most places after coaching changes. You are just seeing it first hand. Most people have no clue who are the analyst, GA’s or personnel assistants are until they leave. This is the same at every school.

One thing Florida has done that most schools don’t, is publicly announce every single hire.
    I didn't say it doesn't happen in places with coaching changes, most of them have been made after the head coach was terminated. So I will ask again, in the last several years can you, or anyone else point to me a similar example of a head coach leaving his previous program for a higher ranked program and hire over 22 support staff and coaches from his previous employer?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I didn't say it doesn't happen in places with coaching changes, most of them have been made after the head coach was terminated. So I will ask again, in the last several years can you, or anyone else point to me a similar example of a head coach leaving his previous program for a higher ranked program and hire over 22 support staff and coaches from his previous employer?
    How many position coaches have gone with him?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Stop answering a question with a question!

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    The statement is support staff, including coaches, assistant position coaches, analyst, graduate assistants, recruiting staff, on campus recruiting staff, student academics, weight and nutrition. Specifically?

Well, 247 ranked the new coach hires for this upcoming football season and guess who's #1? That's right, UF. I wonder if it's because of all of the staff that he took with him. lol. That's ok. We took some big hits but CMD will right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No I cannot because there is not enough reporting around GA’s/analyst/off field personnel. It’s easy to find what on field coaches have left but no one here can find info either way on off field moves. It’s not widely reported. If someone wants to show me otherwise, I am here to listen. Also using sunbelt teams as an example would be a bad equivalent because they haven’t had near the size staff that UL did under Napier.

They are called the shadow staff for a reason. Most of our guys weren’t even listed on our teams website.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Stop answering a question with a question!
    WOW!!! Heck of a response. I wasn't asked a question, so I couldn't be answering a question with a question. Second, it was a legitimate seeking of information. I do not believe an unusual number of position coaches have gone to Florida and was asking for that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I disagree that this doesn’t happen in most places after coaching changes. You are just seeing it first hand. Most people have no clue who are the analyst, GA’s or personnel assistants are until they leave. This is the same at every school.

One thing Florida has done that most schools don’t, is publicly announce every single hire.
    I have yet to see an example like Napier to Florida. I ran the numbers in a previous thread

Rough count by comparing staff pages

Lane Kiffin 2019 FAU to 2020 Ole Miss:
    0 players
    6 staff/coaches. He took his S&C guy, RB Coach, AST. Director of football ops, player development, defensive analyst, and offensive assistant

Harsin 2020 Boise to 2021 Auburn
    0 players
    10 staff. OC, DC, Run Game Coord, offensive grad assistant, director of sports performance, associate director of sports perf, assistant director of sports perf, chief of staff, director of recruiting, assistant to HC

We currently have 26 (and apparently counting)

1. Jabbar Juluke (RB Coach to RB Coach)
    2. Darnell Stapleton (OL coach to OL coach)
    3. Patrick Toney (DC to DC)
    4. Doug Domingue (Video to Director of Recruiting Innovation)
    5. Bri Wade (Director of On campus recruiting, same)
    6. CJ Wilford (Defensive Analyst to Defensive analyst)
    7. Edward Thompson (S&C assistant, same)
    8. Mark Hocke (S&C and Associate HC, same)
    9. Ashoor Peera (Dir of Player Engagement to AST Director of Football Ops)
    10. Ryan O’Hara (Offensive Analyst, same)
    11. Frank Ogas (Dir of Player Development to AST Dir of Player Development)
    12. Braxton Morris (defensive QC to defensive QC)
    13. Nick McDonald (Recruiting QC to personnel analyst for offense)
    14. Jacob LaFrance (Director of player personnel to same)
    15. Kyle Kazakevicius (Director of Recruiting and Offenside Analyst to Assistant DFO for Quality Control / Assistant to the Head Coach)
    16. Tony Hill (associate director of sports med/head FB trainer to same)
    17. Joe Hamiliton (QC player personnel and recruiting to defensive analyst)
    18. Karmicharl Dunbar (S&C assistant to same)
    19. David Doeker (offensive grad assistant to same)
    20. Andrew Burkett (Dir of research and eval, same)
    21. Chris Couch (ST to ST)
    22. O’Cyrus Torrence (OL)
    23. Montrelle Johnson (RB)
    24. Kamryn Waites (OL)
    25. An OL commit (name?)
    26. Mike Richard (OL QC)

Default Re: Another Coach Headed to Florida

How many staff members did the football team have September of this year?

Coaches, assistant coaches, analyst, coordinators, academic counselors,Game day personnel, Snowcone salesman, phlebotomists,Haberdasher’s, etc.

What I don't understand is, if uf's staff is mostly our staff from last year AND the players that have left, moved to sec schools, shouldn't we have looked better last year.

I know we went 13-1, but a lot of those games were close and could have been losses. Our loss was to an incoming sec school who (IMO) will be middle of the pack or lower sec.

My point is that I don't think this translates too well for uf. They will be UL.2 next year staff wise.

I think it is very good publicity for us and will help us recruiting wise, as long as we keep our recruitment info quiet until they are signed! And put a fence around the portal!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    What I don't understand is, if uf's staff is mostly our staff from last year AND the players that have left, moved to sec schools, shouldn't we have looked better last year.

I know we went 13-1, but a lot of those games were close and could have been losses. Our loss was to an incoming sec school who (IMO) will be middle of the pack or lower sec.

My point is that I don't think this translates too well for uf. They will be UL.2 next year staff wise.

I think it is very good publicity for us and will help us recruiting wise, as long as we keep our recruitment info quiet until they are signed! And put a fence around the portal!
    7 of the 13 wins were 1 score games. We needed an SEC staff to get us enough points to win?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

I think this was Zee’s point in a thread that he started and he pretty much got flamed for it.

Furthermore, there was a thread about the Marshal game on the Sun Belt message board and one of the comments was that this was a typical UL game….

Play down to the level of the opponent and then have a strong fourth quarter.

In my humble opinion, in retrospect, the Texas game was Napier’s Florida game (ironically enough).

Hud and Napier were both in the position to make huge statements and they quite simply failed.

One of the complaints unthaw a message boards I saw about Florida’s athletic Director was that he did not addressed soft infrastructure i.e. staffing for the sports.

So either Florida had (has) ____ for staffing of their athletic teams, or, is Napier USLing it with those he feels most comfortable?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information