Thread: Any UL Football Recruiting news?

Default Any UL Football Recruiting news?

Seems quiet for this time of year...

Default Re: Any UL Football Recruiting news?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Seems quiet for this time of year...
    Agree. How many more are we signing? Idk much about recruiting, but the few kids that have been offered shouldnt be too hard to sign. In most cases we are competing against mcneese, northwestern, nicholls, southeastern, grambling, and some juco’s. That is a bit concerning. For the past few years we were beating out P5 programs for some kids.

We are keeping it quiet so the other swamp doesn't poach!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Agree. How many more are we signing? Idk much about recruiting, but the few kids that have been offered shouldnt be too hard to sign. In most cases we are competing against mcneese, northwestern, nicholls, southeastern, grambling, and some juco’s. That is a bit concerning. For the past few years we were beating out P5 programs for some kids.
    Pretty generalized observation...i think , as always, there will be a few surprises...like the DT from college station...hes visited UL along with several P5 programs.

Will be quiet until signing day. Coaches are in lots of schools and living rooms daily, including some new recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Will be quiet until signing day. Coaches are in lots of schools and living rooms daily, including some new recruits.
    True, but no one is reposting from twitter committment announcements. No rumors either...crickets...

7. Default Re: Any UL Football Recruiting news?

I hope UL doesn't go back to the Baldwin days where he didn't say a word till signing day.

I believe the more vocal you are on the recruiting front (whether you offer or not) (whether they accept or not) the better publicity for the program in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I hope UL doesn't go back to the Baldwin days where he didn't say a word till signing day.

I believe the more vocal you are on the recruiting front (whether you offer or not) (whether they accept or not) the better publicity for the program in the long run.
    I don't think that will happen

Just saw a FB post that our Michigan State Transfer, James Ohonba has signed. I guess since hes a grad (?) transfer, he can sign now as classes have started.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    True, but no one is reposting from twitter committment announcements. No rumors either...crickets...
    The recruits would have to post that type of stuff. Some players I've been working with (making recruiting films) have not posted anything but a few offers. Not all kids are looking to shine on social media.

11. Default Re: Any UL Football Recruiting news?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Almost all of those were PWO.

Man, nobody is even playing “I know something you don’t know” regarding recruits. I’m concerned.

Thread Information