Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Young Ragin Cajun - Select Baseball and Softball Games

Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun - Select Baseball and Softball Games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Yeah, I completely understand limiting YRCC to games that aren’t expected to sell out, and I even understand limiting where a kid can sit, but they seem to be limiting it far beyond that point. I don’t get it either. It makes no sense.

Also, did they inform people about this change before they bought their passes or after? If it was after, people have every right to be ____ed off for having the rug pulled out from under them.
    Someone previously posted this was the policy last season as well. So, may not be a change at all.

Also, the announcement says ‘As a reminder’, that implies it was communicated before.

We had a corona policy in effect last year. Last year they did not honor any of the YRCC and also did not honor any of the premium seating with full capacity for the patio suites. So no it was not an implemented normal policy or warning that this was coming.

The people I have talked to that have YRCC did NOT receive any emails at all about this until 2 days ago.

5. Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun - Select Baseball and Softball Games

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    The people I have talked to that have YRCC did NOT receive any emails at all about this until 2 days ago.
    When we renewed our YRCC, my wife was told about the baseball and softball scheduling plan. IIRC, football and basketball did not have a restriction. It’s obviously a function of trying to sell seats in a smaller venue.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Let me start by saying: I am all for kids coming to the game.

Last year, we had an issue at the Tigue in the Supreme Rice Field section. We have tickets next to a couple who has a pair of seats and they bring their THREE kids in the area using Young Ragin Cajun kids passes. If it was once or twice, it wouldn't be quite as big an issue as EVERY game these people bring a family of 5 and only have 2 seats. I can't remember a time we didn't have to ask them to get out of our seats. So we have kids sitting in the aisle, parents trying to let them sit on their lap, etc. I would be embarrassed to do something like that, but some people are just clueless.

The kids passes are great, but they need to do something to limit them to certain areas of the park.
    That’s just rude. When I had young kids with the YRCC pass we had a patio box at the teague so it didn’t bother anyone but us. Could not imagine taking some ones season ticket with the kids pass. The nerve of some people.

This is an AWFUL look for Cajuns baseball. My family buys 5 season tickets in a box (where we have an open area for the kids to play/sit on a blanket/not take up a seat) and now they can't come. So basically I have to find a babysitter or take my kid on a school night to a game? What happened to a family friendly atmosphere? Maybe if we were part of "Section A" we could bring our kids for free? I really think this needs to be looked at again. When I attend a game with my 3 kids I will probably drop 100 bucks on concessions. If its just me and my spouse and we are paying for a babysitter, maybe $20. This was also not relayed to us when we bought the passes. Kind of sucks to fork over thousands of dollars for tickets to basically not use them!

I am in the same boat with my patio box!
    It is a bad look!
    During Coach Robe and Coach Deggs tenure (having the number 1 ranked team in the nation) this was not a problem and kids were allowed to ALL games (even when we had a smaller stadium).
    It was not told to me and many others that I talked to.
    Once again I agree to not taking season ticket holders seats. However, I think this needs to be revisited ASAP!

Any idea who we can speak to about this? It's not like my kids are going for free....I paid for the pass with the intentions of this letting them into the games!

10. Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun - Select Baseball and Softball Games

Nico Yanko
    Hans Malebranche
    Bryan Maggard
    Anthony Babineaux

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nico Yanko
    Hans Malebranche
    Bryan Maggard
    Anthony Babineaux

Good luck.
    That's the great thing about our administration. They will quickly answer any questions, no matter how small or big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    My experience is that the kids will buy more from the concession stand than you could possibly charge for their ticket. That being said, Russo Park can't become Chucky Cheese. I think identifying games where YRCC members are welcome is a fair way to handle it. There is no grassy hill at baseball games.
    Kids spending at the concession stand by far out spends the price of a ticket at football, basketball, and baseball in my experience with two young ones going to games with me. The concessions stands kill us parents, but hey its for the university at the football and baseball games. Not so sure all that money goes to UL at the Cajundome, in fact, I don't think it does. The Cajundome has the highest concessions and worst UL product to offer in my opinion. Basketball games rip you off at the concession and you leave disappointed in Bob Marlin coached teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nico Yanko
    Hans Malebranche
    Bryan Maggard
    Anthony Babineaux

Good luck.
    Dr Maggard will answer you on twitter. There is no doubt.

14. Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun - Select Baseball and Softball Games

Any updates on this from the offended posters? Curious as to how this will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Let me start by saying: I am all for kids coming to the game.

Last year, we had an issue at the Tigue in the Supreme Rice Field section. We have tickets next to a couple who has a pair of seats and they bring their THREE kids in the area using Young Ragin Cajun kids passes. If it was once or twice, it wouldn't be quite as big an issue as EVERY game these people bring a family of 5 and only have 2 seats. I can't remember a time we didn't have to ask them to get out of our seats. So we have kids sitting in the aisle, parents trying to let them sit on their lap, etc. I would be embarrassed to do something like that, but some people are just clueless.

The kids passes are great, but they need to do something to limit them to certain areas of the park.
    I have two young kids and only two season tickets in the grandstand and I never considered bringing them in on YRC passes for that exact reason. I think allowing them to come every game would be fine if there are designated areas. I know money is tight, but in the next thirty years it would be cool to see the bullpens and cooking club relocated to make way for a grass berm for this exact reason.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information