Thread: Basketball Attendance

UL Basketball Basketball Attendance

Well, it’s not just a UL concern.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-940445.html

WBB numbers on page 2 of csnbbs thread

Default Re: Basketball Attendance

We’re #1!

I remember one of Bob’s first years. Maybe 2011? We went on a long winning streak. Were getting a lot of people in the dome towards the end of the streak. 5k plus for some. That was fun.

3. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We’re #1!

I remember one of Bob’s first years. Maybe 2011? We went on a long winning streak. Were getting a lot of people in the dome towards the end of the streak. 5k plus for some. That was fun.
    That was a common number when the dome opened. Then the bad coaches, absurd concessions and loss of great rivals like Zombie LoTech under Eagles, Tim Floyd UNO, and Arrow led USA. The occasional home game with WKU, still don’t understand why we went there so many more than them here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That was a common number when the dome opened. Then the bad coaches, absurd concessions and loss of great rivals like Zombie LoTech under Eagles, Tim Floyd UNO, and Arrow led USA. The occasional home game with WKU, still don’t understand why we went there so many more than them here.
    I remember some of the Ronnie Arrow moments the second time he coached South.

I used to like when we played Denver too. I remember the DU play by play guy didn’t like coming to the dome. I guess he felt like it was too much home cooking.

All four of the new members out draw us. Don’t worry, they all can’t win in a one bid league. They’ll learn to embrace the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We’re #1!

It was 2011. Streak commenced with our Shipley Reunion and the inaugural Beryl Shipley Classic tournament we promoted and had great attendance. The crowds continued as the 11 game win streak began with the team’s first game tourney win and Championship the next evening.

7. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

I recall Marlin first year. His team started slowly then went on the big win streak and crowds reflected the excitement.

The next year they started slow and I recall his post game interview, maybe after getting a win. He really was upset with the crowd support and instead of saying thank you for those attending he lambasted the non supporters. He lost me that night after Mrs Express and I made a 270 mile round trip to be insulted. Later he lost the players and a cancerous coach who has never been called that before. But under Bob we heard that word often. Is that a Lafayette thing, cancerous? Maybe it’s Bob running disinformation because he can’t keep players before the easy peasy transfer portals.

Regardless one tournament championship, one regular season championship, and only in the finals once. It’s absolutely astonishing he’s been able to con his way into millions of dollars from those non supporting fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    All four of the new members out draw us. Don’t worry, they all can’t win in a one bid league. They’ll learn to embrace the suck.
    If they are truly good programs they will embrace the suck just like Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU embrace the suck in the WCC; by scheduling better OOC for NET purposes and beating the crap out of the rest of the conference.

FIU is averaging 150 people per game lol... I say let's extend Bob 5 more years see if we can beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If they are truly good programs they will embrace the suck just like Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU embrace the suck in the WCC; by scheduling better OOC for NET purposes and beating the crap out of the rest of the conference.
    I’m with you but once again you pick private universities with no D1 football as comparisons. Apples and oranges.

11. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m with you but once again you pick private universities with no D1 football as comparisons. Apples and oranges.
    I don’t believe that they are in competition with each other. In fact just the opposite. Naturally nothing is all this or all that, but overall I believe football can feed basketball, that feeds the bat and glove sports. Each have exclusive fans but also companion fans, fans for the university. We have to be sure that each does better than the conference to create that synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    FIU is averaging 150 people per game lol... I say let's extend Bob 5 more years see if we can beat that.
    They are a consistent athletic program, they average that pretty much for every sport!

13. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    They are a consistent athletic program, they average that pretty much for every sport!
    There’s a lot to be said about consistency

Thread Information