Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is there any school currently running something close to this exciting?
    No because its not effective in creating consistent winning.

2. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First of all, I wasn't necessarily talking about the offense since you noted other things as obstacles. However, the offense is somewhat gimmicky since you are literally playing 4 men on defense with someone not playing defense to slip out for easy baskets in transition. Can you please tell me who is running that offense right now against our peers? That might score you more points although in today's game which is more open and faster than the time of LMU and this offense, defense will need to be played effectively to beat better teams. Why do you think LMU did not fare better on a national level in regards to the tournament? They had two all americans to boot.
    I’m telling you that was similar to the offense Shipley ran. Lamar was streaking for a lay up option the instant the opponents took a shot. He got countless layup opportunities and short jumpers. That’s why we broke the century mark so often. Remember there was no shot clocks then. Often the opponents simply took as long as possible to take a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m telling you that was similar to the offense Shipley ran. Lamar was streaking for a lay up option the instant the opponents took a shot. He got countless layup opportunities and short jumpers. That’s why we broke the century mark so often. Remember there was no shot clocks then. Often the opponents simply took as long as possible to take a shot.
    Yeah, and today we get free food for 80 points…

4. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yeah, and today we get free food for 80 points…
    Well free is great anytime

Endurance Training Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why does bonding with your children have to involve eating and buying stuff because they expect it? Eat and drink before you come to the game, and bond with them while enjoying the game together.
    No way you have small children that you take to games. I’m betting the house on that ��

I really don't want to get into an argument about this as its fairly ridiculous to do so. The LMU scheme was different and frenetic in pace but it had so many flaws. First, it was a "O" defense scheme meaning one player literally played no defense but tried to anticipate a steal at the top of the defense to try to get the opposition to take an early shot and shoot out to get in a transition lane. You tried to get the other team to play faster. Today's game everybody is trying to play faster and today's game caters to more and more shooters already. LMU's defense is the reason they only finished 21 in the AP in 89-90 even though they led the country in scoring. Do you want to know how many points they gave up? They gave up the most at 108 pts/game! That's insane. They also had 2 all americans who averaged 70 points between them and another all conference player averaging over 20/game. That was about 75% of their scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    No way you have small children that you take to games. I’m betting the house on that ��
    You would be correct.

It doesn’t have to. You can give them the Trojan upbringing. I just believe it’s a great experience for kids. If you don’t want to be a customer then don’t. I know my middle aged children often reminisce about some of the Super Dome experiences, more so than the games.

I frankly don’t understand your apparent view that the fans are fair targeting of outrageous pricing. So many simply say not me. Movie theaters are experiencing the same abandonment of customers tired of predatory prices.
    Yeah, I figured my comments would start another concession cost debate lol.

Like I said, other than beer I rarely get foods, so it’s not anything I am personally invested in, but I get it’s importance.

But taking young kids to a game discussion kind of gets my attention. When I was a very young lad, my dad and grandfathers took my brother and I to an Astro’s game in the brand new Astro dome. Other than NOLA, which because of family I had been there many times, Houston was the first ‘big city’ I had been to, so that was something. But the thing that sticks with me is that my grandfather bought us these little Astro’s bats that was a cherished possession of ours for many years.

Oh, and both grandads smoked cigars there and back, and I don’t think they even put a crack in the windows, lol.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread Information