Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The 2 Georgia teams are a combined 1-9 in conference. Wow.
    That is a surprising stat. However, this league is very balanced and those schools have been in several close games. I have seen most of the teams play and it is truly a situation where any team can win on a given night.

2. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is a surprising stat. However, this league is very balanced and those schools have been in several close games. I have seen most of the teams play and it is truly a situation where any team can win on a given night.
    I’m very happy that GSU is struggling. I’m not in agreement with your view that there’s no dominant team. ASU has the best player in the conference and yes all can be beaten. ASU will have the best regular season record IMO.

I think it’s fair to say that everyone in this conference is equally as schitty as the next

The 2 Georgia teams are a combined 1-9 in conference. Wow.
    I don't think GASO is very good. Georgia State has five super seniors on their team. They've been abysmal shooting the ball, yet they've been in every game. They lost Thursday on a buzzer beater and Saturday in OT when they couldn't throw it in the ocean.

They WILL break out of it. Just hope it isn't Thursday.

So I hear that there was some type of incident at the end of the 1st half which resulted in double T’s. Someone care to give me the rundown on what happened?

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So I hear that there was some type of incident at the end of the 1st half which resulted in double T’s. Someone care to give me the rundown on what happened?
    What happened was the Cajuns blocked a shot and Trajan Wesley got the ball with only a few seconds left. Trajan got to about mid court where a Troy player committed a really hard foul (that was not called). Trajan got up after the clock expired and he and a number of Cajuns were really upset. There was some pushing and shoving and eventually they went to there locker rooms with no call at the time. When they returned from halftime it was announced that Trajan and a Troy player had received technicals that offset each other so no shots were allowed but both players received the technicals.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    What happened was the Cajuns blocked a shot and Trajan Wesley got the ball with only a few seconds left. Trajan got to about mid court where a Troy player committed a really hard foul (that was not called). Trajan got up after the clock expired and he and a number of Cajuns were really upset. There was some pushing and shoving and eventually they went to there locker rooms with no call at the time. When they returned from halftime it was announced that Trajan and a Troy player had received technicals that offset each other so no shots were allowed but both players received the technicals.
    Wow. Thanks for the info.

Trajan brings an edge that the rest of the team doesn't have. Wish more guys on the team had his never back down attitude.

Typical cop out call by the awful Sunbelt zebras. Wesley was mugged and nothing was called. Then he gets a technical.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

A total miscarriage of justices.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    A total miscarriage of justices.
    It was awful and the ref completely missed the call, Trajan and others had every righted to be pizzed at the situation. Their is no way he deserved a Tech. If anything he should have received 2 shots, it probably should have been a intentional foul.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Trajan brings an edge that the rest of the team doesn't have. Wish more guys on the team had his never back down attitude.
    He's the grittiest guy on our team

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

He's the grittiest guy on our team
    He is also the best PG on the team, it is a shame he is 5'9" and that might be a stretch. If he was close to or over 6'0" he would be much more of a threat. I love the way he plays, he just is somewhat of a detriment when facing bigger guards. But when you consider our other options are Brayan Au, who is not in playing shape, Greg Williams who is not a PG and Michael Thomas who while improved this year vs last year, is still not where he needs to be, Trajan is our best and in some cases only option at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    What's an even more surprising stat is getting outscored by 27 points in the final 27 minutes to USA at home.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m very happy that GSU is struggling. I’m not in agreement with your view that there’s no dominant team. ASU has the best player in the conference and yes all can be beaten. ASU will have the best regular season record IMO.
    Arkansas State has the best player in Omir but South Alabama has the best guards overall. Jags played some games with a limited roster due to Covid. I think South Alabama wins the regular season. Tournament is too difficult to predict at this stage of course. Last year App got hot from three for four games and that carried them to the title. Same thing could happen for a number of teams this year.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information