Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball to Continue Homestand against Troy

Horrible start by both teams, looked like both were only going to have single digits the first 10 minutes of the game like WBB. Wesley had a good game, drove to the hoop more tonight.

The team hustled the entire game.

Nice win, there. Troy is talented.

Marlin actually did well tonight. When the Troy player got teed up for smack talking Bob in the first half he didn’t talk back. He didn’t lose it at half when Wesley went down on a no call (officials viewed replay and called a double T). And he did a good job rolling players in and out on dead balls the last few minutes of the game.

Much better effort by everyone tonight compared to that train wreck against South Al.

Never heard what happened to Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Nice win, there. Troy is talented.
    Lots of intensity in this game by both teams. Trojans seemed to like to talk a little smack as well. Troy has some talent as evidenced by the fact they were in first place prior to tonight. Personally, I think South Alabama is more talented overall. Maybe that is because they are a bad matchup for us as they have quick AND big guards. Makes it tough for our midget point guards to handle them. Trojans have a couple of shorter guys at point like we do. Best thing about tonight was the way our bench enthusiastically supported their teammates on the court the entire game. Good things usually happen when that occurs. They erupted when Greg Williams Jr. hit a three with the game tied at 57 with about three minutes to go. Maybe that is because Greg has been struggling with his shot some and they were happy for him. Now we will find out if they can keep this kind of effort/hustle going for more than one game.

6. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Breaks Losing Streak With 69-59 Win Against Troy

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team went on a late run in the second half to put away the Troy Trojans and break their three-game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Marlin actually did well tonight. When the Troy player got teed up for smack talking Bob in the first half he didn’t talk back. He didn’t lose it at half when Wesley went down on a no call (officials viewed replay and called a double T). And he did a good job rolling players in and out on dead balls the last few minutes of the game.

Much better effort by everyone tonight compared to that train wreck against South Al.

Never heard what happened to Brown.
    At the game on Thursday, I saw him grab his shoulder. Was worried he separated it. But he kept playing.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    At the game on Thursday, I saw him grab his shoulder. Was worried he separated it. But he kept playing.
    He hurt it then and it locked up on him in the morning. They will find out how much damage tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    He practiced (no contact) Friday and went through shootaround, but he was hurting. Decision was made to hold him out and put him in a sling as a precaution. I think there's a good chance he'll be ready on Thursday.

Troy killed me (as a broadcaster) last night. Black unis with crimson numbers (barely) trimmed in white. Names on the back of the jerseys with letters so close together you couldn't read them. AND they played 13 guys in the game. We didn't play them last year so I've never seen any of these guys. It was like playing an NAIA team early in the season as far as trying to get things right.

But I still like Scott Cross, anyway.

Last night was a really good college basketball game. We kept turnovers down (we had 12) and turned Troy over seven times early in the second half. Defense was on point just about all night and we made some really big shots down the stretch (The aforementioned shot by Williams might have been the shot of the game, along with Kobe's turnaround off glass after rebounding his missed shot.) We got four straight stops on defense in the final minutes.

Despite my issues trying to figure Troy out,, it was a fun game to broadcast.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Mid pack in standings.

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=mbball

What the heck with Georgia State? They need Scooter back.

WBB standings, also mid pack.

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=wbball

UL Golf Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Mid pack in standings.

Guys who made shots last year for Georgia State are not knocking them down this year. They were 3 for 28 from three yesterday against Coastal Carolina. Despite that they went into OT before dropping the game. Eventually those shots will start dropping. CDS says that will happen Thursday. The optimist says the good perimeter defense the Cajuns played in their 4 league wins will show up. Also, That was a good analysis by Jay WalkEr on last nights game. It was tough even on fans to figure out the numbers on the Troy uniforms.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

As long as the zebras don’t get confused I’m not worried about numbers. It doesn’t take long to figure out who’s having a good or bad night.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball to Continue Homestand against Troy

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    He practiced (no contact) Friday and went through shootaround, but he was hurting. Decision was made to hold him out and put him in a sling as a precaution. I think there's a good chance he'll be ready on Thursday.

Troy killed me (as a broadcaster) last night. Black unis with crimson numbers (barely) trimmed in white. Names on the back of the jerseys with letters so close together you couldn't read them. AND they played 13 guys in the game. We didn't play them last year so I've never seen any of these guys. It was like playing an NAIA team early in the season as far as trying to get things right.

But I still like Scott Cross, anyway.

Last night was a really good college basketball game. We kept turnovers down (we had 12) and turned Troy over seven times early in the second half. Defense was on point just about all night and we made some really big shots down the stretch (The aforementioned shot by Williams might have been the shot of the game, along with Kobe's turnaround off glass after rebounding his missed shot.) We got four straight stops on defense in the final minutes.

Despite my issues trying to figure Troy out,, it was a fun game to broadcast.
    You do such a fine job I'm glad I live here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Anyone else absolutely hold their breath everytime we’re inbounding the ball under the goal??

How does it take us 4 seconds almost every single time.
    It is not just this year. This has been happening for the last 10 years.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 69, Troy 59

Mid pack in standings.

The 2 Georgia teams are a combined 1-9 in conference. Wow.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information