Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winners and Losers of the College Football Transfer Portal so Far

Default Re: Winners and Losers of the College Football Transfer Portal so Far

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Exactly. Supposedly the players are transferring for NIL deals. But when they transfer there is no deal announcemed. I am trying to follow the money but can't find a place to start.
    technically if a deal is for the “PLAYER’s” NIL, why does the school where they are matter? If someone got a deal, then lost it bc they picked wrong school, seems they might be able to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    technically if a deal is for the “PLAYER’s” NIL, why does the school where they are matter? If someone got a deal, then lost it bc they picked wrong school, seems they might be able to sue.
    Although it might be a nod and a wink, I think the athlete is supposed to enroll or t lest sign an NLI before negotiating the \nil.

3. Default Re: Winners and Losers of the College Football Transfer Portal so Far

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    SEC and those tough academic credentials, spelled something(s) wrong on his bio page, lol…
    …but know more about wetlands research and swamps than us
    …..I can fully understand Juluke’s decision to go to Florida….he applied for the head job and thought he deserved it….he can’t wait to go tet au tet with all these schools in the SEC on a level playing field…..he is a very talented guy with an incredible record of past players’ success (NFL) and recruiting them to initially get to his school!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..I can fully understand Juluke’s decision to go to Florida….he applied for the head job and thought he deserved it….he can’t wait to go tet au tet with all these schools in the SEC on a level playing field…..he is a very talented guy with an incredible record of past players’ success (NFL) and recruiting them to initially get to his school!
    Juluke is a running back guru.

No doubt, Billy Napier values Coach Juluke and wanted him at Florida so he recommended CMD as head football coach here at Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    No doubt, Billy Napier values Coach Juluke and wanted him at Florida so he recommended CMD as head football coach here at Louisiana.
    And, of course, Maggard has no experience in assessing talent and simply accepted Napier's recommendation like the buffoon that he is. Who knew Napier was such a Machiavelian character.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Juluke is a running back guru.
    He's a running back guru and good coach. He's the type of coach fans love while he's in your program and hate when he's recruiting against your program. I think that's the best way to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He's a running back guru and good coach. He's the type of coach fans love while he's in your program and hate when he's recruiting against your program. I think that's the best way to say it.
    On other words, he pushes the envelope.

9. UL Football Re: Winners and Losers of the College Football Transfer Portal so Far

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    And, of course, Maggard has no experience in assessing talent and simply accepted Napier's recommendation like the buffoon that he is. Who knew Napier was such a Machiavelian character.
    This is the first time anyone has referred to Maggard as a clueless buffoon.

One of the talents Maggard has exhibited is a pretty solid record for picking coaches. That may or may not be true, but I believe most are reasonably confident in his selections.

I certainly don’t believe Juluke is FBS head coaching material, but time will answer that. Black coaches aren’t unique in today’s climate.

Finally Napier offered him a high recommendation on CMD. That’s not his sole criteria for picking Mike. Time will tell if it’s good enough. I do know picking coaches is a crap shoot. We have hundreds of coaches in the NCAA landscape every year. Most aren’t from retirement, or a bigger job.

So I’d suggest we at least give CMD two recruiting classes and seasons before declaring him a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

One of the talents Maggard has exhibited is a pretty solid record for picking coaches. That may or may not be true, but I believe most are reasonably confident in his selections.

I certainly don’t believe Juluke is FBS head coaching material, but time will answer that. Black coaches aren’t unique in today’s climate.

Finally Napier offered him a high recommendation on CMD. That’s not his sole criteria for picking Mike. Time will tell if it’s good enough. I do know picking coaches is a crap shoot. We have hundreds of coaches in the NCAA landscape every year. Most aren’t from retirement, or a bigger job.

So I’d suggest we at least give CMD two recruiting classes and seasons before declaring him a failure.
    That's not the RPCA way...its win now or else...

Sorry, couldn't find the sarcasm button.... my bad

Pahahahahaha

Lol… I think most knew what you were saying. I know did.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    What makes anybody think that some of the players that left would not have left if Napier would still be here. Everybody says it's all about the money. If the money is there it would have been there with or without Napier or Desormeaux or whom ever would have been the coach. Hell Alabama lost some players (5 or 6 I think) Georgia lost some too from what I understand. It's not just us.

Also, does anybody know what kind of deal these players signed and for how much money. The only thing I see is they left via the portal with no mention of any NIL money. I dunno maybe I missed it

The only thing I can see is this is one big cluster and it's not going to get better any time soon if ever.
    Nothing can be argued about this. Although I'm sure it will be.

IMO he wrote that in jest. At least I took it that way because I got quite the chuckle over it.

I personally am not upset over any of the coaches accepting new positions at a much higher salary. That was happening here before BN left. The number is staggering to me because that basically is stating we are an sec level program. That is further validateed with the addition of several players leaving for sec programs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information