Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: You're hired

Default Re: You're hired

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    As an aside, I am also opposed to federal regulation of the internet, as any such regulation is clearly a violation of personal freedoms. Then again, I am not impeding any other person's freedom of speech or expression.
    We getting way off topic here but I’m inclined to agree with you for the most part. But there has to be a line for sexual exploitation of children, human trafficking, etc.

how do we have money to hire all these new positions and/or give upgraded titles (raises?) to previous positions, but we didnt have money for extra travel costs associated with conference moves (for which we werent a good fit)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Even in the “woke” phase society is in, each passing day the relevance of “Lights Out…” fades away. The injustices of the past collectively fade away and are replaced with the ones of today. Sadly, I’m astounded some days where some people react like today’s failings of man are something new, but they’re documented in the Bible from pretty much the beginning. And if God isn’t your thing, from the day two cavemen could dominate one. It is ironic to watch players have social justice slogans on their athletic gear made by Nike’. Protesting social injustice by wearing gear made by slave labor.
    It’s why the NBA is dead to me.
    Aren’t nfl and mlb jerseys also adorned with the nike swoosh logo? (as well as many in the p5)

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Aren’t nfl and mlb jerseys also adorned with the nike swoosh logo? (as well as many in the p5)
    Yup. But the NBA and their executives have bowed down to China. Especially the fading GOAT of this generation…the ultimate hypocrite.

The NFL has gotten like MLB for me. I follow players, not teams.

how do we have money to hire all these new positions and/or give upgraded titles (raises?) to previous positions, but we didnt have money for extra travel costs associated with conference moves (for which we werent a good fit)
    Do you live in Ruston or just went to school there?

Troll from Rustonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Do you live in Ruston or just went to school there?
    Head bathroom mop boy at the I-20 truckstop probably.

As hard as it is to believe, this guy is a UL graduate, at least that's what his other posts under another handle suggested. He gives all of us who graduated a bad name. Wears a tin-foil hat

I didnt think we didnt have the money for travel expense, I am just asking because I recall some offering that up as a concern. Not saying it was anyone in this particular thread, could someone help refresh the memory of all? Maybe (hopefully) it was an invalid concern, but at the end of the day we didnt move. (Not that I wanted to, but I didnt agree with that as a reason) This was from a previous round round of alignment talk, not the most recent one in late 2021.

I didnt think we didnt have the money for travel expense, I am just asking because I recall some offering that up as a concern. Not saying it was anyone in this particular thread, could someone help refresh the memory of all? Maybe (hopefully) it was an invalid concern, but at the end of the day we didnt move. (Not that I wanted to, but I didnt agree with that as a reason) This was from a previous round round of alignment talk, not the most recent one in late 2021.
    We are in better shape now in regards to travel expenses than we were in previous conference realignments. It has been a few years now since the previous CUSA expansions.

Wonderful! Thanks so much Mike. (AS ALWAYS!)
    …. et al, …. see was that so hard?

12. Default Re: You're hired

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We are in better shape now in regards to travel expenses than we were in previous conference realignments. It has been a few years now since the previous CUSA expansions.
    Mike it’s way too far back to even be talking about. That was in the era of the Fossil. Some may recall his alleged concern about softball and baseball if we moved to the WAC. Zombie Tec took monumental hits to all it’s non football programs. Crap facilities. They got lucky when FEMA bailed them out after they got leveled by the tornadoes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike it’s way too far back to even be talking about. That was in the era of the Fossil. Some may recall his alleged concern about softball and baseball if we moved to the WAC. Zombie Tec took monumental hits to all it’s non football programs. Crap facilities. They got lucky when FEMA bailed them out after they got leveled by the tornadoes.
    The necksters might think they’re sitting pretty geographically in CUSA, but it’s going to get old and expensive traveling 3 time zones for the outliers. Give it time, defections will happen, the MAC and WAC just sitting back and waiting…heck probably even the A-Sun. Egos will get checkmated by bleeding money. And even then, SBC’s answer will be no.

Who knows, their next tv deal might be with Farwell out of necessity.

Sean Payton is available. Supposing he’s not already signed a deal Florida.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information