Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/1010xl/videos.f=sharing&_rdr

This from a local Jacksonville sports radio station.
    Nothing that Napier has done I would classify as “wrong” as far as players and staff goes. Every indication from information I gathered is that billy went back on his word in what he told Doc and Des, that’s not only wrong, but lacks character on his part as well. If he’d been straight forward and said, hey doc when I leave here I’m taking the majority of the staff and a few players I feel are SEC talents, then you couldn’t fault him one bit for being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Nothing that Napier has done I would classify as “wrong” as far as players and staff goes. Every indication from information I gathered is that billy went back on his word in what he told Doc and Des, that’s not only wrong, but lacks character on his part as well. If he’d been straight forward and said, hey doc when I leave here I’m taking the majority of the staff and a few players I feel are SEC talents, then you couldn’t fault him one bit for being honest.
    That's a good point!

3. Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    But you'd be fine if Napier was still here and he'd be plucking new players from LSU, Florida, Texas, Mississippi etc. to come play here right ?

The NCAA created this monster. Not Billy Napier and not any other coach. They paying the man millions. He has one job. WIN. Any way he has to do it. Get over it.
    Get over yourself, troll.

The answer is yes and no.

All's fair in love, war and booray.

If the young man is in the portal, he's fair game. If he enerted the portal in hopes he's get to go with Billy, he's fair game.

However, if there was any contact, direct or indirect, with the student athlete before entering the portal, that's tampering and it's a no no.

I know there are many who believe that occurred. But it's hard as hell to prove.

I don't convict without solid evidence. Neither does the NCAA.

5. Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Don’t need to convict to believe. There’s many criminals that I’d vote not guilty while believing they actually did the crime. I’d never hire that not guilty person. Yes, I realize I could be wrong about that applicant

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The answer is yes and no.

All's fair in love, war and booray.

If the young man is in the portal, he's fair game. If he enerted the portal in hopes he's get to go with Billy, he's fair game.

However, if there was any contact, direct or indirect, with the student athlete before entering the portal, that's tampering and it's a no no.

I know there are many who believe that occurred. But it's hard as hell to prove.

I don't convict without solid evidence. Neither does the NCAA.
    Not convicting, but the old saying, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

I’m ok with the players. I’m not ok with the utter gutting of our staff. The only bright side is they’ll follow him to Alabama in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Get over yourself, troll.
    Figured that might bring the little man out. When you get finished painting the dugouts, go paint the front office you pompous ____K

Figured that might bring the little man out. When you get finished painting the dugouts, go paint the front office you pompous ____K
    Be gone troll.

9. Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

____ yourself loser

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But I’m thinking since they are from Jacksonville, Gainesville is not their favorite team anyway, lol
    Jax is a big Gator market. Tebow's home town and a 90 min drive from Gainesville.

For Napier to take a few is ok What he has done has turned me off to him forever.
    Will not pull for Florida and hope coach Dez is coach of the year in the belt next year.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don’t need to convict to believe. There’s many criminals that I’d vote not guilty while believing they actually did the crime. I’d never hire that not guilty person. Yes, I realize I could be wrong about that applicant
    Hell that's a freaking understatement in this country today. With the way they let criminals who burned down cities, looted, and rioted all summer in 2020 just walk free. And they have people charged with misdemeanors on Jan 6 locked in solitary confinement and not allowed bail. Also have a sitting president that got in by fraud created in the name of covid. There is no justice in this country anymore what so ever. The system has become completely political.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Jax is a big Gator market. Tebow's home town and a 90 min drive from Gainesville.
    I didn’t know that. Thanks

Well, the preseason ESPN All American Team was posted. Florida has one first team player…

Yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information