Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Incoming Portal Silence

1. Default Re: Been too quite...

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Is this the the admin side of football or the admin side of athletics.
    Athletics

Default Re: Been too quite...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Learfield to take over ticketing?
    Tabascco comes to its senses...writes big check?
    Think they are "Tiger upped".

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Tabascco comes to its senses...writes big check?
    Sounds like a "hot" take, there.

UL’s football team is going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin & Tearin View Post
    Des working the portal? Holding out for a strong signing day? Lots of holes...
    I can give you a few things I know as of today, which isnt a great deal more than others.

The staff hosted a Grad DL Monday and Tuesday along with a HS DL/OL from Texas. The campus was closed Monday for the holiday. Both stayed until Tuesday after lunch. I don't know if the Grad transfer has enrolled,or if he decided to visit another campus.

The HS prospect visited Vanderbilt after the National Championship game, Purdue this past weekend, UL Mon/Tue and is set to visit Arizona State on January 21st.

The staff has been on the road this week visiting HS in their areas and offering some 2023 prospects ahead of their Junior Day.

They are scheduled to host a few this weekend, but I have no idea how many. Look for them to host more the last weekend of the month including some possible preferred walk-ons prospects.

As for the transfer portal, Coach Des comments concerning on adding several now may change because he's smart enough to keep his options open and more names enter it daily. But ideally he prefers to build through signing HS athletes. Don't be surprised if they take a transfer at RB to add some experience at the position. I've heard they are considering several, instead of signing another HS prospect to add to 3 Freshmen in the depth chart. The 2023 Class will have some really good depth at the RB position in Louisiana and Texas from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are not "lots of holes"...

The admin side is working on some big things. I know you guys hate when people don't divulge so my apologies in advance. But just sit tight.. Could be an eventful next few months..
    April through June gonna be sweet!?!?

8. Default Re: Been too quite...

One thing why some might think it is quite. 247 has not updated it recruiting site for UL for some time!!

Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Regardless of need or want, coach Desormeaux needs to practice combing the portal daily and make occasional offers just to keep Louisiana's name out there.

I think he is pretty much at his scholarship limit. You can’t make offers if that’s the case.

10. Default Re: Is it wrong for Billy Napier to take kids away from Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I think he is pretty much at his scholarship limit. You can’t make offers if that’s the case.
    O'Cyrus Torrence didn't open a slot?

For pub sake, I would have offered him a portal slot as a walk on.

11. Default Re: Incoming Portal Silence

Cajun 4life have you heard anything?

Default Re: Incoming Portal Silence

I also saw yesterday we offered an OL with a few FCS offers. Not the young man from Central Louisiana. I can’t find the tweet but he was listed around 6’ 4” - 250 lbs. likely another huge upside kid.

Didn't we lose 6-7 kids to the portal? Seems like that would open up that many scholarships.

Didn’t realize you were talking walk on slots. I guess he could offer those. I don't think many kids in the portal are looking for walk on opportunities, but i could be wrong. It is my understanding with the covid year we were at 92 scholarships before those 7 or so entered the portal and now they need to get more in line with the 85 allotted for FBS programs. So the departures didn’t necessarily open that many spots.

Default Re: Incoming Portal Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I also saw yesterday we offered an OL with a few FCS offers. Not the young man from Central Louisiana. I can’t find the tweet but he was listed around 6’ 4” - 250 lbs. likely another huge upside kid.
    Some offers will be preferred walk-on when they visit. This will be hased out once in on visit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information