Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now that I am to the point of being comfortably numb.

1. Default Re: Now that I am to the point of being comfortably numb.

I like Chriss too. I think he has all the tools for this offense.

Default Re: Now that I am to the point of being comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    All. Don’t forget we already signed a kid that beat walker on his home field before his injury. I was not there but every one I talked to said the Chriss kid was much better that night. Maybe we already have the QB of the future and don’t need any of these that may enter the portal.
    Ditto. I was very impressed with Chandler Fields when he came in for a play or two. Normally, if the starting QB was injured for a play or two, the 2nd string QB usually comes in and hands off just to get his feel for the game. Not Chandler, he came in passing every time with zip and accuracy. He unfortunately had the pinpoint passes dropped half the time. He looked very comfortable when he came in, not a deer in the headlights, like most 2nd string QB's.

And if Chriss is all that they make him out to be, plus Wooldrige, I'm feeling very comfident in the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I like Chriss too. I think he has all the tools for this offense.
    Des should love dual threat Zeno Chriss. Strong runner and good passer. 6’2” 197lbs. May be like watching an ole version of Des himself. As good as Levi was imagine having a kid with this size running north and south consistently in our offense the past two years. Only referencing “one phase” of the offense that could change in the near future. By all means, this is not a comparison to Levi.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Ditto. I was very impressed with Chandler Fields when he came in for a play or two. Normally, if the starting QB was injured for a play or two, the 2nd string QB usually comes in and hands off just to get his feel for the game. Not Chandler, he came in passing every time with zip and accuracy. He unfortunately had the pinpoint passes dropped half the time. He looked very comfortable when he came in, not a deer in the headlights, like most 2nd string QB's.

And if Chriss is all that they make him out to be, plus Wooldrige, I'm feeling very comfident in the QB position.
    According to some receivers I’ve talked to say chandler has the easiest ball to catch as it comes in tight. I don’t remember the drops you reference but part of that could be spin. I’ve never been a receiver but I’ve heard them say if you are used to a right handed spin then you get a lefty it takes time to adjust. I’d imagine it goes the other way if they were used to Levi’s left handed spin then a righty comes in for a play or 2.

5. Default Re: Now that I am to the point of being comfortably numb.

Size and ability are a small part of the equation. Experience, knowledge, grit, leadership skills, bond, instincts, etc.. That’s what makes a great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Size and ability are a small part of the equation. Experience, knowledge, grit, leadership skills, bond, instincts, etc.. That’s what makes a great QB.
    Soooo Levi?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Have to disagree, I wouldn't go that far in saying ability is a small part. I think ability, which includes, many things, mental and physical, is probably more than half of the equation for a great QB. Not all great QB's have size, but all the great ones have ability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information