Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

1. Poll Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

To start the fifth season under the guidance of Gerry Glasco, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team will be among those ranked in the D1Softball Top 25 Preseason rankings.

Default Re: Softball: Softball Listed in 2022 D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

Geaux Cajuns!

Default Re: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

To start the fifth season under the guidance of Gerry Glasco, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team will be among those ranked in the D1Softball Top 25 Preseason rankings.

"It's the 19th consecutive season in which Louisiana will be preseason ranked. The program has been preseason ranked by the NFCA each year since 2004, and listed in every edition of the ESPN.com/USA Softball preseason poll which began in 2006."

I have heard the grandstand is sold out already, but it really is important for us to support these ladies by getting ourselves to these games!

Don't let the good times pass you by.

GEAUX CAJUNS

addendum: This probably applies more to football.

4. Default Re: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

Softball fans will be there. Cajun fans who support softball will most of the time. In both cases they always are an asset for us, and a friendly barrier for opponents.

Highest ranked G5 at 22. Ladies have their work cut out in front of them. Softball folks may know…usually we’re ranked higher preseason than this. Has the P5s collectively gotten better, has the portal hurt the perception of the program, other concerns or a combination of things?

I know the team will win the SBC, but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Highest ranked G5 at 22. Ladies have their work cut out in front of them. Softball folks may know…usually we’re ranked higher preseason than this. Has the P5s collectively gotten better, has the portal hurt the perception of the program, other concerns or a combination of things?
    JMU, who won their first two games in the WCWS last year, is ranked below us preseason, so I think this has much to do with P5 vs G5 perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    JMU, who won their first two games in the WCWS last year, is ranked below us preseason, so I think this has much to do with P5 vs G5 perception.
    True…UL had been the G5 beauty for a long time until JMU last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    True…UL had been the G5 beauty for a long time until JMU last year.
    Looks like we still are being we're still preseason Top G5, but I just think P5s are going to more and more get the benefit over G5s.

Glasco has used transfers as much as anyone. And used it well. It'll be interesting to see what the portal does for sports like baseball and softball going forward. For UL softball, you hear more about players coming in then out thus far, it seems.

10. Default Re: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

If you look at the kids gone from last seasons roster and the fact that we have 8 true freshman and 2 redshirt freshman on this year’s roster, I think that has a lot to do with the #22 ranking. Pretty much where I expected us to be. We will probably be between 20-25 in most of the polls to start the season.

11. Default Re: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

Gone from last season’s roster : Summer Ellyson, Ciara Bryan, Juice Milz, Kaitlyn Alderink, Kendall Talley, Alissa Dalton, Julie Rawls, Jade Gortarez, Carrie Boswell, Bailey Curry, Casey Dixon. Very Significant when it comes to what the voters look at for preseason polls. Cajuns will climb as the season progresses when polls mean a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Gone from last season’s roster : Summer Ellyson, Ciara Bryan, Juice Milz, Kaitlyn Alderink, Kendall Talley, Alissa Dalton, Julie Rawls, Jade Gortarez, Carrie Boswell, Bailey Curry, Casey Dixon. Very Significant when it comes to what the voters look at for preseason polls. Cajuns will climb as the season progresses when polls mean a little more.
    Another poster that uses logic in his posts, even at an early age in his/her posting career!

Welcome aboard!

13. Default Re: Softball in D1Softball Top 25 Preseason Poll

We’re fans. We don’t like logic and reasoned opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Another poster that uses logic in his posts, even at an early age in his/her posting career!

Welcome aboard!
    Early age in posting career, but no way near early age in actual years. We are one of the youngest teams in D1. I am actually surprised that the Cajuns are even ranked, our history may have helped us land in the top 25 poll. For the record listen to what CajunsSball22 says, they know. (And no I will not let anyone know who that poster is)

JMU lost 8 seniors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information