Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ty Harper

1. UL Basketball Ty Harper

What’s going on with Harper not playing? I was impressed with him last season and he showed out against App and Coastal. Doesn’t make sense to me as to why he doesn’t get consistent minutes. Much better than Wesley IMO.

Default Re: Ty Harper

I'm with you. He's the most athletic player on the team. He needs minutes.

A new coach may help.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm with you. He's the most athletic player on the team. He needs minutes.
    Being athletic does not mean he has one lick of basketball skills. That's the problem with most college basketball teams nowadays. They recruit athletes not basketball players.

You haven't watched him play, right?

6. Default Re: Ty Harper

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    You haven't watched him play, right?
    You could say that about a whole lot of posters over here.

I noticed Harper on the bench during the 1st half Saturday, then in the 2nd half he had on a hoodie and was masked so that could have been a similar situation to Joe Charles at Coastal where he tested positive at half time.

Why are kids testing at halftime?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Why are kids testing at halftime?
    Because they study during the first half.

I thought he would have helped us a lot against Tx State's quick guards. They gave us a lot of trouble, especially Au. They could get just about any shot they wanted and they did a good job with their pressure of us bringing the ball up. Regardless of whether he was masked because of illness or Covid, the fact is he hasn't played much at all with the exception of the road trip a week ago where we had all of our guys out and he played quite well. I'm honestly not sure what Dalcourt or Thomas brings to the table that Harper doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Because they study during the first half.
    For a computer nerd, you are pretty f---ing funny!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought he would have helped us a lot against Tx State's quick guards. They gave us a lot of trouble, especially Au. They could get just about any shot they wanted and they did a good job with their pressure of us bringing the ball up. Regardless of whether he was masked because of illness or Covid, the fact is he hasn't played much at all with the exception of the road trip a week ago where we had all of our guys out and he played quite well. I'm honestly not sure what Dalcourt or Thomas brings to the table that Harper doesn't.
    Dalcourt is a better shooter than Harper and Thomas is a better ball handler. However, Harper is better on defense than both in my view. That was needed Saturday. Players can be tested at any point in game if they have any kind of symptoms or if trainer notices any issue. Perhaps Covid was a problem for Harper on Saturday. Note I have no idea if that was a factor or not. I do know that Covid was why neither Awkuba or Thomas played on the road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    For a computer nerd, you are pretty f---ing funny!
    Turd to nerd, what a transformation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Dalcourt is a better shooter than Harper and Thomas is a better ball handler. However, Harper is better on defense than both in my view. That was needed Saturday. Players can be tested at any point in game if they have any kind of symptoms or if trainer notices any issue. Perhaps Covid was a problem for Harper on Saturday. Note I have no idea if that was a factor or not. I do know that Covid was why neither Awkuba or Thomas played on the road trip.
    Mike, I will disagree with you on those comparisons. First, Dalcourt is shooting worse than Harper in both FG% and 3pt%. I know he plays a few more minutes per game than Harper so his attempts are more but from what I've seen in games, he doesn't shoot an appreciable amount better than Harper and Thomas seems to be all over the place in running the point. Neither of those guys has the jolt that Harper seems to provide and you saw it when we started him on the road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, I will disagree with you on those comparisons. First, Dalcourt is shooting worse than Harper in both FG% and 3pt%. I know he plays a few more minutes per game than Harper so his attempts are more but from what I've seen in games, he doesn't shoot an appreciable amount better than Harper and Thomas seems to be all over the place in running the point. Neither of those guys has the jolt that Harper seems to provide and you saw it when we started him on the road trip.
    Beat me to it...that's a very good rebuttal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information