Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ty Harper

Default Re: Ty Harper

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    All the broadcasts now mention how he is the winningest HC in Sunbelt history. That’s because any coach who’s worth a ____ doesn’t spend 12 YEARS in this conference
    Yeah, I mean its all about perspective and context. What other coach in this league over the years has been here for that long? You can win 10 games a year in conference for 10 years but not necessarily be successful. As a matter of fact, that's about what he averages for conference wins per year. Our average finishing spot in conference is 4th in what would generally be considered a pretty weak basketball conference.

Slight thread-jack, but its basketball related.

What's the status on Isaiah Richards?

Seeing he is still on the roster. Is he still enrolled and part of the team?

3. Default Re: Ty Harper

The fact is this is a transition league. Those on the way upstairs and those in a declining phase, and those threading water.

So we get Bob, and Richard threading water at the top of the hill in wins over a long haul. We get Cliff Ellis on their way towards retirement from a much better past. Then those coaches like Beard parlaying quickly into Tex Tech, and on to Texas. Tim Floyd also from UNO to Iowa State.

The point is nobody should be keeping a coach in the SBC for a dozen years. It’s fools gold. Big Fish taught he was a go getter, but couldn’t get the bigger gig quickly. Alas we got what we got.

Sitting out spring semester. He’s a Dad now so guess grades got him but a guess. He is with team but not playing.

Noted Harper had “sleeve” on a leg last night at game. He dressed out but I wondered if that was for an injury or just protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Slight thread-jack, but its basketball related.

What's the status on Isaiah Richards?

Seeing he is still on the roster. Is he still enrolled and part of the team?
    Grades, will not play again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Noted Harper had “sleeve” on a leg last night at game. He dressed out but I wondered if that was for an injury or just protection.
    That's just for swag. Just like the kids with the shooting sleeves.

Finally, Ty was put in the game on the second half. Played about 5 minutes give or take. 0 for 1 from the field. He needs to play against teams with quick, athletic guards.

I was thinking it's hard to get into a flow when you aren't playing.

10. Default Re: Ty Harper

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I was thinking it's hard to get into a flow when you aren't playing.
    Every time I see a new post on this topic, I think I am going to open it and read that Ty Harper is no longer with the team. I hope that is not the case, but I keep thinking it every time I see a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Every time I see a new post on this topic, I think I am going to open it and read that Ty Harper is no longer with the team. I hope that is not the case, but I keep thinking it every time I see a new post.
    Me too. He's got too much potential to continue watching from the bench.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information