Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

The possibility of long term damage to all our programs if this stadium renovation doesn’t happen soon, or even falls apart is unfathomable.

With each passing day, I wonder what happens first, CF renovation or “Lights out in Blackham”?

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The possibility of long term damage to all our programs if this stadium renovation doesn’t happen soon, or even falls apart is unfathomable.

With each passing day, I wonder what happens first, CF renovation or “Lights out in Blackham”?
    ……Time to at least put it up to voters…a temp tax to do the stadium construction…..just like The think the airport….really is time for Acadiana to back our athletic program….we moved to a top 25 name in football and R1 academically…..come on community!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Its been crickets from the university on where the CF reno stands...Does anyone have an update? My guess is the original 65 Mil budget is now 70 plus for the same design. Prices only going to go up.
    Dr Maggard addressed in an interview last week with Jay. You can listen to it for details.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Its been crickets from the university on where the CF reno stands...Does anyone have an update? My guess is the original 65 Mil budget is now 70 plus for the same design. Prices only going to go up.
    Or cut your construction budget in half and see what the design stage yields.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Everyone but us.....great job Memphis.

http://gofos.co/3sAj6ki
    Not an apples to apples comparison. They are upgrading the Liberty Bowl, that is owned by the City of Memphis. More fair comparison would be the Cajundome, which has been updated since it has been built.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Not an apples to apples comparison. They are upgrading the Liberty Bowl, that is owned by the City of Memphis. More fair comparison would be the Cajundome, which has been updated since it has been built.
    The Cajundome is owned by the university as well, so perhaps there is a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……Time to at least put it up to voters…a temp tax to do the stadium construction…..just like The think the airport….really is time for Acadiana to back our athletic program….we moved to a top 25 name in football and R1 academically…..come on community!
    Sir, don't you know this is an Alice Shu town....

Signed,
    The Daily Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Louisiana could definitely benefit from a smaller stadium. Hopefully 35k
    JMO, but if we continue winning and ever hope to get P5 status, we need minimally a 40,000 seat stadium. We can build for the past or build for the future. With continued success and an improved conference, 35,00 - 40,000 a game should be readily attainable. A 40,000 seat stadium helped Houston and UCF get in the Big 12 and they don't avg full capacity, but should when Big 12 members start to visit. Let our fans know our expectations and build and promote to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Dr Maggard addressed in an interview last week with Jay. You can listen to it for details.
    Listened to this when it was released, went back to it again.

So we're in a design phase starting MAYBE July 1st, yet upper deck people were being informed be ready to move this fall. How the heck you jump the gun like that?

I know things are stupid crazy in construction, but if you are telling your supporters be ready to move your seats and word is starting demo in the spring...to this today?

Just concerned.

10. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

……Time to at least put it up to voters…a temp tax to do the stadium construction…..just like I think the airport….really is time for Acadiana to back our athletic program….we moved to a top 25 name in football and R1 academically…..come on community!

11. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

You tell’m Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m sure JMV knows someone who could help us out. That guy knows everybody
    I know Mullet but we are both broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    He probably does but he won't tell you
    And when I do tell folks all you hear are crickets.

Weren't the initial plans to not only renovate the stadium but to build bars, shops and apartments in the area to make it a year round destination? That could bring in private investors perhaps in joint ventures with the university for its land and city dollars and tax incentives that would be a revenue source for the city. Why continue to think just along the lines of funding the stadium only?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Listened to this when it was released, went back to it again.

So we're in a design phase starting MAYBE July 1st, yet upper deck people were being informed be ready to move this fall. How the heck you jump the gun like that?

I know things are stupid crazy in construction, but if you are telling your supporters be ready to move your seats and word is starting demo in the spring...to this today?

Just concerned.
    That is fair. To say it has been crickets, as the poster said, was not an accurate statement.

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information