Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Louisiana Campus Cajun Field Construction

Was it just rumors about construction starting after last home game?

Default Re: Cajun Field Costruction

Need $$$ to start. Open y’all wallets.

Is it spring yet? That's what the man said...

Must be. The wife and I was in that area today at Rouses and nothing to suggest that we're in that phase. I thought that it was after next season.

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Crickets from the administration or RCAF No one has asked me to donate to the athletic facility master plan or Cajun Field specifically.

I hope it's no more than 30K capacity. We had our two best season in school history and we couldn't get 25K people to come out and support a Top 25 football team.

NIL may cause even more impacts to attendance. Athletes want to play with the big boys, and people will only pay to watch teams with a shot at the CFP.

The renovations have entered the portal.

Louisiana could definitely benefit from a smaller stadium. Hopefully 35k

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The renovations have entered the portal.
    Do they have an NIL deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Do they have an NIL deal?
    They’re looking for at least 20 or so mil. That’s sec money.

Before I post my thought, I’ve had CDS myself recently.

It is January 16th. Many of us have been told late spring/early summer for Cajun Field renovation to commence. January 16th…less than a month past the winter solstice. We’re not close to late spring.

About 7 mill was needed when I was told the time frame. We’ve since had Macro Oil come on board. I would think each donor wants their “moment in the sun” with their gifting, so it appears they’re on track. Maggard sent out info to people in the UD. To go back on that would be a career killer P5 wise.

I’m not concerned about crowds size in any sport since the Covid mess started. Know people on both side of the fence of personal impact of Covid. If I had a family member struggle/expire due to Covid, odds are crowds would not be my thing. God has blessed many of us so far on that front.

We will be ok. Tonight I’m sure Maggard and RCAF has things under control.

Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They’re looking for at least 20 or so mil. That’s sec money.
    Sounds like Texas, A&M?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Crickets from the administration or RCAF No one has asked me to donate to the athletic facility master plan or Cajun Field specifically.
    They are going after big donors for the Cajun Field renovation and pulling in big bucks. They wouldn't raise anywhere close to enough by asking us for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Before I post my thought, I’ve had CDS myself recently.

It is January 16th. Many of us have been told late spring/early summer for Cajun Field renovation to commence. January 16th…less than a month past the winter solstice. We’re not close to late spring.

About 7 mill was needed when I was told the time frame. We’ve since had Macro Oil come on board. I would think each donor wants their “moment in the sun” with their gifting, so it appears they’re on track. Maggard sent out info to people in the UD. To go back on that would be a career killer P5 wise.

I’m not concerned about crowds size in any sport since the Covid mess started. Know people on both side of the fence of personal impact of Covid. If I had a family member struggle/expire due to Covid, odds are crowds would not be my thing. God has blessed many of us so far on that front.

We will be ok. Tonight I’m sure Maggard and RCAF has things under control.

Geaux Cajuns.
    Nice, well thought out post. I believe it to be quite accurate as well.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    They are going after big donors for the Cajun Field renovation and pulling in big bucks. They wouldn't raise anywhere close to enough by asking us for the money.
    Shortsighted.

Get em and in the pipeline, you never know when someone in the pipeline strikes it and has an itch.

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information