Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst . 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

2. Default Re: Cajun Field update

I don’t see anything happening until the upper deck is condemned and the state allocates money for repair. It doesn’t matter what plan is in place. Buildings will always be “value engineered”.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I don’t see anything happening until the upper deck is condemned and the state allocates money for repair. It doesn’t matter what plan is in place. Buildings will always be “value engineered”.
    Well you’re wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    No repairs will be made to the upper deck since it will be torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Design work deadline is towards the end of September. Doubt you will hear much before then. Like someone mentioned I believe they will save that unveiling for the southern Mississippi game along with some other celebration surprises.
    End of October, not September

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    In CajunFan3406 and BeauCajun I trust when it comes to CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    In CajunFan3406 and BeauCajun I trust when it comes to CF.
    This is how you announce a new stadium and upgrades.

LAWRENCE, Kan. —
    The University of Kansas is starting a massive new project it says will be transformative for Lawrence, Kansas, its students and employees.

KU and Kansas Athletics announced Tuesday the latest plans for what it calls the Gateway District.

The endeavor includes a reimagined David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, a new conference center and several multi-use facilities for year-round use. Plans for the district also include a combination of new retail, dining and other amenities to drive student recruitment and enhance the campus experience.

"The project will be completed in a multi-phased approach. The first phase of the project will include additional renovations to and expansion of, Anderson Family Football Complex, the training hub for Kansas Football," KU announced in a press release. "Additionally, the first phase will include the construction of new southwest, west and north sides of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, as well as a new conference center on the north end."

The latest plans for the district – including the first architectural renderings of the project—were shared Tuesday afternoon at an event at the Jayhawk Welcome Center.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1691535941775577089

Construction on the first phase will begin after the 2023 football season and will be completed by the beginning of the 2025 season. The stadium will remain open during the duration of the project.

The university has a fundraising goal of $300 million for the project that uses no tuition dollars or state funds. KU says it has already raised $165 million for the project in gifts and commitments.

Funding for the project will also include $35 million in ARPA funds from the Kansas legislature and $50 million from the 2022 Department of Commerce’s University Challenge Grant program. The university says those funds will go toward aspects of the project designed to boost economic development in Kansas.

HNTB and Multistudio are heading up the design of the Gateway District and David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. KU has also partnered with Turner Construction Company as the construction manager for the project.

Multi-use facilities
    The multi-use facilities will include a mix of amenities to promote arts and entertaining, dining, retail, office spaces, and lodging.

KU says the mixed-use development is projected to amount to "$2.4 billion in direct, indirect and induced spending and $1.4 billion in direct, indirect and induced earnings. While supporting an estimated 720 jobs."

New stadium upgrades
    The David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium upgrades will create a new seating bowl to bring fans closer to the field. There will also be new chairback seating in the west and north seating areas, as well as a video board that will be approximately two-and-a-half times larger.

Fans can also expect approximately 2,300 new club seats, more restrooms, 50% more legroom for seating and four times more food and beverage offerings.

Football facility upgrades
    The Gateway District includes upgrades to the Anderson Family Football Complex. The first phase of upgrades to Anderson was completed earlier this month when Kansas Football unveiled a new locker room and weight room.

Additional renovations will equip the building with a state-of-the-art sports medicine center featuring new hydrotherapy pools, cryotherapy chambers and infrared light therapy equipment.

The building, which will be expanded north to connect to the stadium, will also have a new 2,300-square-foot player lounge with a nutrition and fuel bar. Even more nutrition fueling stations will be added throughout the facility.

Everyone in the country does this, but us.

Rock Chalk, Jay Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This is how you announce a new stadium and upgrades.

LAWRENCE, Kan. —
    The University of Kansas is starting a massive new project it says will be transformative for Lawrence, Kansas, its students and employees.

KU and Kansas Athletics announced Tuesday the latest plans for what it calls the Gateway District.

Advertisement
    The endeavor includes a reimagined David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, a new conference center and several multi-use facilities for year-round use. Plans for the district also include a combination of new retail, dining and other amenities to drive student recruitment and enhance the campus experience.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

"The project will be completed in a multi-phased approach. The first phase of the project will include additional renovations to and expansion of, Anderson Family Football Complex, the training hub for Kansas Football," KU announced in a press release. "Additionally, the first phase will include the construction of new southwest, west and north sides of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, as well as a new conference center on the north end."

The latest plans for the district – including the first architectural renderings of the project—were shared Tuesday afternoon at an event at the Jayhawk Welcome Center.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1691535941775577089

Construction on the first phase will begin after the 2023 football season and will be completed by the beginning of the 2025 season. The stadium will remain open during the duration of the project.

The university has a fundraising goal of $300 million for the project that uses no tuition dollars or state funds. KU says it has already raised $165 million for the project in gifts and commitments.

Funding for the project will also include $35 million in ARPA funds from the Kansas legislature and $50 million from the 2022 Department of Commerce’s University Challenge Grant program. The university says those funds will go toward aspects of the project designed to boost economic development in Kansas.

HNTB and Multistudio are heading up the design of the Gateway District and David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. KU has also partnered with Turner Construction Company as the construction manager for the project.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Multi-use facilities
    The multi-use facilities will include a mix of amenities to promote arts and entertaining, dining, retail, office spaces, and lodging.

KU says the mixed-use development is projected to amount to "$2.4 billion in direct, indirect and induced spending and $1.4 billion in direct, indirect and induced earnings. While supporting an estimated 720 jobs."

New stadium upgrades
    The David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium upgrades will create a new seating bowl to bring fans closer to the field. There will also be new chairback seating in the west and north seating areas, as well as a video board that will be approximately two-and-a-half times larger.

Fans can also expect approximately 2,300 new club seats, more restrooms, 50% more legroom for seating and four times more food and beverage offerings.

Football facility upgrades
    The Gateway District includes upgrades to the Anderson Family Football Complex. The first phase of upgrades to Anderson was completed earlier this month when Kansas Football unveiled a new locker room and weight room.

Additional renovations will equip the building with a state-of-the-art sports medicine center featuring new hydrotherapy pools, cryotherapy chambers and infrared light therapy equipment.

The building, which will be expanded north to connect to the stadium, will also have a new 2,300-square-foot player lounge with a nutrition and fuel bar. Even more nutrition fueling stations will be added throughout the facility.
    I bet if we were given $85 million from the state we would announce it like that too.

Name:  1980 Cajun Field south ez signage completed.png
Views: 351
Size:  701.7 KB50 Hours till open practice in the Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I bet if we were given $85 million from the state we would announce it like that too.
    A public campaign drive with goals would be nice. I joined the Back Reaux Volleyball Club just off of a tweet from the Volleyball team. Sometimes just a simple ask will get folks to give. I bet 75% or more of Lafayette doesn't even know about plans to renovate CF.

A public campaign drive with goals would be nice. I joined the Back Reaux Volleyball Club just off of a tweet from the Volleyball team. Sometimes just a simple ask will get folks to give. I bet 75% or more of Lafayette doesn't even know about plans to renovate CF.
    They were handed $85 million. Not saying they are perfect but when you know your project is securely funded you can go about things a lot differently. The baseball stadium situation almost made us a laughing stock in the south. It’s Kansas, they are the king in that state.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field update

98% don't know Cajun Field is more than just the upper deck.

On this topic I would guess 85% dont know of potential changes.

Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst . 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 . LastLast

Thread Information