Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    There will be a temporary pressbox located on the student side during west side construction. Once home side construction is complete, hopefully we have all funding approved to do a complete redo on the student side which will include an academic building.
    Nice! Thanks. My wife and I stopped in Lafayette Saturday on our drive home from Florida. Grabbed a quick poboy at Old Tyme and drove by the stadium. Told her that could be the last time we see the old upper deck. Might need to drive in for a game this fall for “nostalgic” reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You dont just do it once.

You start now and never quit.

There is no such thing as nobody listening.

For every single person, the first time you hear it, is the first time you hear it.
    You don’t do it until it’s finalized, Which it isn’t quite done yet. You also let the people it’s named after have an opinion on the timing of the announcement, preferably during a home football game on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Does that mean the visiting team will now be on the “home” side? Can’t imagine we’d put our boys in the sun like that.
    When I was a kid the press box side was where the visitors bench was and the cajuns were on the student side for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    When I was a kid the press box side was where the visitors bench was and the cajuns were on the student side for several years.
    Name:  1989 sideline.png
Views: 234
Size:  994.6 KB

There will be a temporary pressbox located on the student side during west side construction. Once home side construction is complete, hopefully we have all funding approved to do a complete redo on the student side which will include an academic building.
    The press box is on the student side during construction. Makes sense. What about after the west side is done, will it go back to the west?

6. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    The press box is on the student side during construction. Makes sense. What about after the west side is done, will it go back to the west?
    Have you read the last few pages? Multiple posts have told you exactly what it will be

You may want to check your sources. It was as of 2 weeks ago.
    I have been telling you guys Beau knows, cjr3888 knows. Pay attention when they post.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Have you read the last few pages? Multiple posts have told you exactly what it will be
    According to Beau’s post #670, he addressed a temporary press box. I asked for clarification. Do you mind?

It will remain on the east side. Sorry for the confusion.

Basically nothing that was originally Cajun Field back in 1970 will remain except the tunnel and north levee.

10. Default Re: Cajun Field update

According to Beau’s post #670, he addressed a temporary press box. I asked for clarification. Do you mind?
    So you went back 8 posts? Go back to post 630 or so and work from there.

Basically nothing that was originally Cajun Field back in 1970 will remain except the tunnel and north levee.
    Do you have an idea of the project budget?

See post #677

Thank you BeauCajun, appreciate your reply.

I do not.

Interesting. So based on this comment-original lower bowl to be replaced too?

Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread Information