Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I dread state money being in the mix, can see a big centerpiece on the press box, “University of Louisiana at Lafayette”.
    . . . and they think we can't paint the last two words the color of the background behind them . . .

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Name:  1971 Cajun Field_primary source image_LAcadien71 and 2025 projected improvements.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  432.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    This looks great but does this really rep all the time and money that is being put into a New Cajun Field. Nothing special about this design at all. Take away the Cajuns branding and its just another structure, nothing special, nothing to drum up "We taking this to a whole new level." Look, I can't wait. I'm unbelievably pumped up about this. It will absolutely be a success. It will pay dividends.

However, it does not project the future we want. P5 Football Program Louisiana.Attachment 17921
    Champagne taste on a beer budget.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Champagne taste on a beer budget.
    . . . cold beer is always good . . .

just model it after the baseball stadium but bigger with suites, patio boxes and a giant stadium club, except allow the windows in the stadium club to open.

Somehow we need to design a Press Box on opposite side of field. These images of a very low student turnout have become etched into peoples minds. North EZ cameras during games have a great pic of home side and looks very sharp. But visitor side is the absolute worst - from all perspectives.

Only ideas but its time for Acadiana to wake up and start heading back to the Swamp.

The amount of people who had Cajuns license plates on the front of vehicles in 2017 was unbelievable to me. Now, I rarely see them.

7. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Somehow we need to design a Press Box on opposite side of field. These images of a very low student turnout have become etched into peoples minds. North EZ cameras during games have a great pic of home side and looks very sharp. But visitor side is the absolute worst - from all perspectives.

Only ideas but its time for Acadiana to wake up and start heading back to the Swamp.

The amount of people who had Cajuns license plates on the front of vehicles in 2017 was unbelievable to me. Now, I rarely see them.
    The new press box will be on the student side permanently

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    It's certainly not what I was picturing but I will wait until its officially announced before making judgement. I dont know how "official or final" these drawing are.
    If reno is to start immediately after the last game of this season as per the university, they should by now have a final conceptual drawing of what the stadium will look like once completed. The fact that we are only four and a half months away from the last game of the 2023 football season and there has not been any public announcement to the media or any renderings released should tell you a lot about if and when this project will ever get off the ground.

Hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    The new press box will be on the student side permanently
    No it won’t.

That would be an awful idea. A much simpler way to solve your problem, and I’ve mentioned this before, is to rotate the field/turf 180° so the camera is pointing towards the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    No it won’t.
    You may want to check your sources. It was as of 2 weeks ago.

No it won’t.
    You are probably wrong on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You may want to check your sources. It was as of 2 weeks ago.
    Correct!

15. Default Re: Cajun Field update

That would be an awful idea. A much simpler way to solve your problem, and I’ve mentioned this before, is to rotate the field/turf 180° so the camera is pointing towards the home side.
    That’s exactly what is happening. The press box in stadiums are on the camera side always. The new press box will be on the student side along with the cameras and on the new turf the logo will be facing opposite of the home side.

Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread Information