Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    But there are different levels of fans and that's ok. Fans that buy season tickets for the betterment of the program are diehards, which we seem to have a dwindling number of these days. Then there are fans that just have ties to the university and casually enjoy college athletics. They aren't buying tickets to advance the program, they are buying tickets for entertainment or enjoyment. We need those fans as well.

When we have fans telling us we have a boring product, we have to listen. I think our admin knows that, but my hunch is they're hoping for just a clean slate when the renovation happens.
    Take last year out of the equation because the roster was depleted from the year before and we had no OL healthy and playing together more than a game or 2.

How many years since the Hud era began would you say the product was stale or boring? Maybe Huds last year? Is my opinion. Over the past 8 to 10 years on the field, not NCCA sanctioned games, how many 8 plus win seasons did we have? If you found that boring then you are just not a fan of the game in general and maybe you are at the stadium for other reasons than football.

2. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I know you rely On your season tickets to feel all fuzzy and special, but the reality of it is, they’re Not at all exclusive. I can get the same experience with a GA ticket. And no, that doesn’t mean I’m not a fan, it means I think heavily about what I’m actually paying for.
    Same experience is not what you said, you said something to the effect of 'sit anywhere.'

Not true.

Your revised humble apology version is true.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Take last year out of the equation because the roster was depleted from the year before and we had no OL healthy and playing together more than a game or 2.

How many years since the Hud era began would you say the product was stale or boring? Maybe Huds last year? Is my opinion. Over the past 8 to 10 years on the field, not NCCA sanctioned games, how many 8 plus win seasons did we have? If you found that boring then you are just not a fan of the game in general and maybe you are at the stadium for other reasons than football.
    I understand what you're saying and you make good points, but in other threads I think one takeaway I have made is that the experience we get at a football game has to be more appealing than staying home and watching it on ESPN+ on your patio. If we want casual fans at Cajun Field, the entire experience (not just the product on the field) has to be worth it.

I'm hoping the CF renovation makes for a better experience by forcing everyone in the bottom bowl, and I'm speculating our admin is hoping for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

This.

Prior to last season, we finished in the top 16 2 years in a row FFS. If that's boring then I don't know what to tell you

As long as you’re a fan and no impediments (health, money, distance, etc) and you can make it. Giving over and beyond is a personal decision. Much like tithing and non profit giving.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    As long as you’re a fan and no impediments (health, money, distance, etc) and you can make it. Giving over and beyond is a personal decision. Much like tithing and non profit giving.
    Agree. Give at any level and have skin in the game. If you are a casual fan, that's fine too. But I'm willing to listen to anyone that has skin in the game, although I may not agree with them.

Im gonna tap out and enjoy being a UL die-hard with my General admission tickets. I do have other things to look forward to in my life, so sometimes season tickets are not in the cards.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Im gonna tap out and enjoy being a UL die-hard with my General admission tickets. I do have other things to look forward to in my life, so sometimes season tickets are not in the cards.
    I'm more into what's going on not what isn't happening.

I don't fully get the psychological need to say what one is NOT doing.

IMHO, The most exciting thing in sports is WINNING and the Cajuns have been very much above average in that category in the last decade!!!!!

10. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    IMHO, The most exciting thing in sports is WINNING and the Cajuns have been very much above average in that category in the last decade!!!!!
    This ^

Just to give everyone who cares an update.

Meetings have been ongoing with UL facility maintenance members. Engineering final design work set for 9/30.

We’re close to a GO.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just to give everyone who cares an update.

Meetings have been ongoing with UL facility maintenance members. Engineering final design work set for 9/30.

We’re close to a GO.
    Thanks for the update, Beau. I hope they don't have to skimp too much from the last renderings.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Thanks for the update, Beau. I hope they don't have to skimp too much from the last renderings.
    Why do I feel like now that Schultz is back we are gonna have a “maggard watch” thread come January?

14. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Schlitz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schlitz_logo.svg

We are going to have SCHLITZ at the new stadium . . .

Until the celebratory golden shovels are in the ground with the media there, then I’ll get excited.

Not being negative, just history says big construction project starts always have some little tweaking at the last moment.

Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread Information