Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

I think a good question would be is the university getting fair market value? if not, why not?
    Another option besides a rental payment could be a percentage of sales.
    Regardless, it sounds like we have a public institution that may not be getting fair market value for its resources. Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I think a good question would be is the university getting fair market value? if not, why not?
    Another option besides a rental payment could be a percentage of sales.
    Regardless, it sounds like we have a public institution that may not be getting fair market value for its resources. Is that legal?
    Ask the board of Moncus park and their rental of LCG Property. Or better yet, ask LCG.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Ask the board of Moncus park and their rental of LCG Property. Or better yet, ask LCG.
    UL is doing much better than LCG/Moncus. Much better. It’s posted somewhere on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Guarantee the leaders of that association as well as the SW Mardi Gras org all spend their dollars across the basin too, while getting a brother-in-law deal to park on UL's property.
    This is the kind of stuff that makes my fkin blood boil

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that makes my fkin blood boil
    This will never change according to Martin Hall when it was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This will never change according to Martin Hall when it was discussed.
    At the end of the day, we have been misled for 50 years with the same mindset. We could be so much more.

why not let the award winning students take a stab at some of these projects and save some of that rcaf cash for lower parking prices?

https://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-.arns-top-award

The new guard of athletics needs to rework the Mardi Gras contract and make that a major source of funding the stadium. Maybe give the Mardi Gras association the use of the property for the fair, festival type music and parade ending. The university should keep every dime for RV spot rental and vehicle parking. It’s past time to get what they deserve out of that deal.

9. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The new guard of athletics needs to rework the Mardi Gras contract and make that a major source of funding the stadium. Maybe give the Mardi Gras association the use of the property for the fair, festival type music and parade ending. The university should keep every dime for RV spot rental and vehicle parking. It’s past time to get what they deserve out of that deal.
    Maggard and Nico tried.

The dinosaurs in Martin Hall didn't want to ruffle feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Maggard and Nico tried.

If they don't have enough self respect to fight for what's right by the university, why should we expect the general public to be engaged with Louisiana athletics?

This is a deeper question than most realize. This university has a long history of rolling over for other state schools or conference schools on a myriad of issues. Of all the reasons that the public gives for supporting the trash down the interstate, I'm certain that one of them is that they just don't respect UL.

The lack of self respect from certain people in charge here is palpable.

Ive always heard Mardi Gras referred to as a “free party” why should anyone there be “making money”? Maybe that was Mardi Gras somewhere else I’m thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Maggard and Nico tried.

When will that bread of dinosaur go extinct?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Ive always heard Mardi Gras referred to as a “free party” why should anyone there be “making money”? Maybe that was Mardi Gras somewhere else I’m thinking of.
    On the street yes, parking not so much.

Saw in the most recent La Louisiane that Cajun Field reno will also include a new East side facade. Does anyone know if that overhang they just put up over the concessions is what that references?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Saw in the most recent La Louisiane that Cajun Field reno will also include a new East side facade. Does anyone know if that overhang they just put up over the concessions is what that references?
    Hopefully it means the LED ribbon board is still getting installed on the overhang as originally planned

Moving the light poles back as to not block said ribbon board and retired jersey #'s would be nice but I previously was told that wasnt in the plans due to money

Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information