Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Update still a bunch of hidie yies there today. Definitely not the same crowd as Saturdays in the fall. I just drove by and held my nose as I passed.

2. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Not over my head at all I know exactly where he was going. But to answer the question. Last night and today was the smallest crowds I have ever seen at CF for Mardi Gras. Although admission is free they now have 4 to 5 designated entrance points where everyones bag is checked and is waned with the metal detector. At times the lines looked like Cajun field when they had some of the larger crowds and the entrances would get way backed up. In the long run the carnival goers persevered and no complaints were heard from those that were there. I am sure those who didn't go, who usually do, will have many complaints and reasons why they didn’t go. FYI. KK only goes because his two teenaged daughters likes the music of Wayne Toups and Travis Matte and company. I look forward more to tomorrow night and the weeks to come in that area.
    Cajun Field may have been sparse, but I've never seen those crowds along the parade route. Can't speak for Rio or Bonaparte, because we stayed in front of our neighborhood, but we walked the route a couple times yesterday and it was jammed packed from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cajun Field may have been sparse, but I've never seen those crowds along the parade route. Can't speak for Rio or Bonaparte, because we stayed in front of our neighborhood, but we walked the route a couple times yesterday and it was jammed packed from start to finish.
    I agree so jam packed that the entitled who think just cause they are multiple families with kids; they can take over your spot you’ve been sitting in and then degrade you when you say something. This is more commonplace in the lafayette crowd now.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I agree so jam packed that the entitled who think just cause they are multiple families with kids; they can take over your spot you’ve been sitting in and then degrade you when you say something. This is more commonplace in the lafayette crowd now.
    Mo' people, Mo' problems.

I really hope Gabriel isn't getting the revenues from parking at Cajun Field (which may even include RVs w/ hookups?). A friend who is involved in a few krewes says this is indeed the case.

Pretty sure we were told early on we had to pay for parking as UL couldn't "give" something of value (parking) away for free (but what about parking across Congress?).

That said, I don't have a problem paying for parking if its going to Athletics.

But frankly i'm gonna pizzed if the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Assocation is given the use of UL land for parking that THEY then collect revenues on.

Oh, and by the way, to the adult men who constructed a grandstand at the barricades and grabbed beads away from my 2 and 1/2 yo granddaugher?

Feel free to eat a bag of dix.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I really hope Gabriel isn't getting the revenues from parking at Cajun Field (which may even include RVs w/ hookups?). A friend who is involved in a few krewes says this is indeed the case.

Pretty sure we were told early on we had to pay for parking as UL couldn't "give" something of value (parking) away for free (but what about parking across Congress?).

But frankly i'm gonna pizzed if the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Assocation is given the use of UL land for parking that THEY then collect revenues on.

Oh, and by the way, to the adult men who constructed a grandstand at the barricades and grabbed beads away from my 2 and 1/2 yo granddaugher?

CM, we had this long discussion a few years ago on this very board. They do indeed collect bundles of money off of this. They pay next to nothing to use University land.

As far as the idiots erecting structures on the parade route: it needs to be outlawed right now. It's dangerous, they're obstacles, they occupy way too much space and it's totally unnecessary.

Pretty sure the Mardi Gras Association makes the money. I hope they give something to the university for usage.

Never understood the fascination of grwon @$$ men and Mardi Gras beads.

This is the first time I’ve done anything Mardi Gras related in many many years. After bringing the kids and their friends to the fair one night and witnessing the parades yesterday, I was quickly reminded why I hate it so much. Trash lining the streets(actual trash and trash people), grown men fighting off kids for beads, inconsiderate drunks running into others while not even apologizing or much less acknowledging that they did it, float riders literally throwing glass bottles to the crowds, ripping their beads out of the plastic bags and just tossing the bags into the road instead of disposing of them at the end of the route. It’s a very disgusting week around Lafayette. Cajun field fairgrounds was a wreck. Just embarrassing. There’s a reason I’m normally at the beach or at the camp during this schitt show. Never again.

As of a few years ago, I was told the school makes a whopping $8,000 from the use of CF during Mardi Gras. Don’t know is that’s changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    This is the first time I’ve done anything Mardi Gras related in many many years. After bringing the kids and their friends to the fair one night and witnessing the parades yesterday, I was quickly reminded why I hate it so much. Trash lining the streets(actual trash and trash people), grown men fighting off kids for beads, inconsiderate drunks running into others while not even apologizing or much less acknowledging that they did it, float riders literally throwing glass bottles to the crowds, ripping their beads out of the plastic bags and just tossing the bags into the road instead of disposing of them at the end of the route. It’s a very disgusting week around Lafayette. Cajun field fairgrounds was a wreck. Just embarrassing. There’s a reason I’m normally at the beach or at the camp during this schitt show. Never again.
    1000% agree.

Mardi Gras parades are an abomination.

Have to agree, especially with the Tuesday Parades. Was out of the Mardi Gras loop for 20+ years.last year was my first back at the Lafayette Parade.nothing really changed in that time, same old fat cats in 2nd rate floats (compared to the lesser Krewes in NOLA) with no masks, cigars, and beers tossing stuff to their friends.And da trash.baw, like taking a swing through the Wispering Breeze Trailor Park.

I had friends in from Atlanta & Chicago for Mardi Gras. My kids are old and have moved away, so I have not been to parades in years. Since my guests had never been to Mardi Gras, we went to parades on Friday night, Saturday night, and Monday night. We skipped Tuesday and had a crawfish boil at our house.

My parade experience was different from others who have posted comments. We watched the parades on Johnston Street between St. Julien Ave. and W. Lewis St. It was not crowded or trashy. The people around us were all very courteous and kid friendly. Most of the adults who caught beads passed them off to the younger children. Maybe it was the area where we set up or the days we attended, but it was a nice experience.

See y'all at the Tigue tonight.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I had friends in from Atlanta & Chicago for Mardi Gras. My kids are old and have moved away, so I have not been to parades in years. Since my guests had never been to Mardi Gras, we went to parades on Friday night, Saturday night, and Monday night. We skipped Tuesday and had a crawfish boil at our house.

My parade experience was different from others who have posted comments. We watched the parades on Johnston Street between St. Julien Ave. and W. Lewis St. It was not crowded or trashy. The people around us were all very courteous and kid friendly. Most of the adults who caught beads passed them off to the younger children. Maybe it was the area where we set up or the days we attended, but it was a nice experience.

See y'all at the Tigue tonight.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    We had a similar experience and we moved around a lot.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To me Mardi Gras has two things that most Mardi Gras parades have everywhere smells like beer and _urine
    Last edited by Turbine; February 22nd, 2023 at 03:13 pm. Reason: Adding comment to post

Never understood the fascination of Mardi Gras. Seriously. The whole hassle of finding a place to park. Fighting traffic with 10,000 drunk drivers. Standing around a bunch of obnoxious, low vibration drunks fight for plastic trinkets. Watching ____ty decorated trailers go by with people throwing, basically trash, at you. No thanks. I'm good.

Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information