Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

It all comes down to control. TDP and BM were exactly the men we needed at a certain point in time. The problem they had to overcome was two fold.

1) An administration that had not a clue how to wholly trust them

2) An administration hell bent on control, especially when the money was rolling in. Hence, never giving up autonomy for RCAF.

I hope “The Current” after they finish with LCG’s hole digging ventures tackles the Cajundome vendor contract. Not a fan of their politics but Ms Turk and company can research like crazy.

Fundraising for the stadium redo can't be afraid to pick up pennies, i.e. smaller fundraising in addition to the corporate fundraising. Why not sell personalized bricks at 'new' OLOL Cajun Field like at main campus? A number of things could be initiated to put more funds in the bucket.

👆 This guy gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Fundraising for the stadium redo can't be afraid to pick up pennies, i.e. smaller fundraising in addition to the corporate fundraising. Why not sell personalized bricks at 'new' OLOL Cajun Field like at main campus? A number of things could be initiated to put more funds in the bucket.
    every student gets a brick on campus, only time you might buy a brick is if you want one for your home

Hud would like to have a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    every student gets a brick on campus, only time you might buy a brick is if you want one for your home
    People donated $100 to the baseball stadium renovation, and their names are on a plaque inside the stadium. Yet for some reason with this evidence in our face 30+ times a year walking into the Tigue our top paid officials either haven't thought of it or are too scared to ask. Next excuse on why this won't work.

7. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Whose job is it to get our budget higher? Is that not Maggard’s responsibility? He oversees the RCAF. He oversees every aspect of the athletic program. We keep complaining about the same things for the last several years with no improvement…if he truly has no power to run the department, fire him and save $400k per year.
    You think it's the Athletic Director's job to get our budget higher? Riddle me this: How can the AD "get our budget higher" when the people he gets money from won't allocate salary to hire dedicated fundraisers, creative staff, sales force, promotion and market teams with any amount of man/woman power? We don't even have a dedicated ticket sales team. Never have (officially). We don't even collect data on where our best ROI is coming from. We can't even tell you where we're most successful selling tickets. No one has ever taken the time to compile the data. We don't have a targeted marketing campaign to any specific demographic. We have absolutely no freaking plan when it comes to geo-fencing or digital outreach. They just post ____ on social media and expect you to interact. Hell, during Napier's final season, Ragin Review was doing more Twitter traffic than the official school accounts. (We were told and shown this by someone in the department) A dinky little fan podcast with no video presence at the time. We just bothered to show up every week and "spread the brand across the land."

The business of Louisiana Athletics is run like the Brazilian Government. Throw ____ against the wall, see what sticks, show the people just enough "commitment" to keep them close, only to pull the rug out from under them when you're on the brink of real buy in. OR, when times are good, clutch your pearls, curl up in the fetal position and hoard the money. God forbid we actually make waves.

And btw, our budget has increased over $10 mil since Maggard took over AND we've raised record number of capital dollars. Multiple different school records broken with regard to corporate donations. Where's the money.

It's really weird what comments get deleted here.

9. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That's why I screen shot as much as possible on threads like this.

That's unfortunate and is a problem with this site on occasions. I don't have to agree with everything posted on this site, but unless someone crosses the threshold of slander or attacking a family member, I don't believe post should be deleted.

Makes it an unreadable site at times.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Where are my posts . . .

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    People donated $100 to the baseball stadium renovation, and their names are on a plaque inside the stadium. Yet for some reason with this evidence in our face 30+ times a year walking into the Tigue our top paid officials either haven't thought of it or are too scared to ask. Next excuse on why this won't work.
    We can also sign a five year commitment for a thousand a year. How many season ticket holders I don’t know, but at 5K named holders that’s 25 million dollars. Should have done that five years ago.

Dr Maggard is not the problem. Quite frankly I’m a bit surprised he is still here and hasn’t left for a better job yet.

Here are two thumbs up ���� ����

Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information