Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It's really weird what comments get deleted here.
    One knows its an issue when Vic agrees with Jeweler . . . I agree with Jeweler . . . I had a great post and its gone . . .

Default Re: Cajun Field update

This press release is really easy to fix. The problem? No context for anything.

Something like "the design/build process has had these challenges (re-design, budget cuts, inflation, etc, fill in the blank), but the team is working hard to overcome these issues.".this is to explain why we are here.

But then the big one.there is NO CALL TO ACTION. There has never been.

All you have to do is throw a sentence at the bottom that says something like "Success and timing of this project is dependent in a large part on donors like you. Help us achieve our goals by donating to the RCAF."

It's a freakin sentence and we don't even type it.

That would be step 1 in about 100 things that could be done.

Tinfoil hat time: what if athletics doesn’t even want to push for RCAF donations if the university can just grab from the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Another idiotic post blaming fans. It's always the fans' fault with you people. It's never the people getting paid to promote athletics. It's never the people who failed to hire dedicated fundraiser for over a year and a half. It's never the people that have YET TO ANNOUNCE a public campaign for stadium sourcing. It's never the people redesigning the stadium plan 6 ____ing times because Martin Hall & Reinhardt communicate like Bobby & Whitney. It's never the people charged with engaging our alumni in other cities, data mining their information and making sure it's accurate as they graduate and move into their careers. (BTW, just to screw off, collect a check and then quit without even telling the people that hired her.) It's never the gameday crew that STILL can't figure out how to celebrate our (very few, but something) accomplishments. It's never the in-game experience people that can't figure out that ____ing LOONEY TUNES songs isn't your target audience. It's never the people that can't figure out how to deliver decent concessions to your fans at a reasonable cost. It's never the people that retain a coach after years of mediocrity, pay him at an elite level (for our league) and then bi+tCh and complain that we can't afford today's COA stipend to recruit football players. It's never the people that spread propaganda that has LONG AGO turned off a deeply routed fanbase in MBB. It's never the people that didn't lift a single mother ____ing finger from the time we HOSTED A SBC CG in Lafayette, LA from the time we kicked off the ball in 2023 to do any ounce of selling, promoting, engagement, business development or communication; but then yet again, blamed the fans for attendance. It's never the people killing off the greeks and chasing students from games. It's never the people that have spent more time KILLING OFF development opportunities around the sports complex than cultivating them. It's never the people that arbitrarily jacked up prices, rearranged tailgating spots, chased off legacy fans, destroyed the very small donor base that we do have and failed to adjust to an ever changing Acadiana. It's never those people.

You can shove it up your ass. You and everyone who keeps telling Cajun fans it's their fault. Look in the ____ing mirror, Rebel. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. Not everyone else. Your ridiculous way of gaslighting the fanbase is the exact same way that many in this admin think and always have. Your a great little lap dog for the old school mantra - "Do less with more."

FOH
    Do you know who Cajun rebel is and what he does?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Tinfoil hat time: what if athletics doesn’t even want to push for RCAF donations if the university can just grab from the pot.
    Certainly makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That's unfortunate and is a problem with this site on occasions. I don't have to agree with everything posted on this site, but unless someone crosses the threshold of slander or attacking a family member, I don't believe post should be deleted.
    I don't mind being wrong. Hell, you've set me straight on a few issues I had. I'm ok with that. But, sometimes it's so arbitrary and strange

7. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Please post my great post. Inquiring minds want to see it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Enlighten us, please?

9. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don't nor do I care. Blaming fans is moronic.

I don't nor do I care. Blaming fans is moronic.
    Said no coach’s wife ever…

11. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Said no coach’s wife ever…
    I see you're teeing me up, but I will refrain. I'm being good this year.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

You can never blame fans. Being a fan is a voluntary thing and it’s up to each how much they can give. No doubt we’ve got tens of thousands of potential fans that have never been approached in any way much less a good way. That’s for UL to do, not actual fans.

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

If one wants to be pro-active, write a check and send it in with a picture of a goal fundraising meter . . . and a note asking that this commence the fundraising drive at the lowest of levels . . . otherwise, if you just appear here as a Complaintant, that will be all you will ever be . . .

14. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You can never blame fans. Being a fan is a voluntary thing and it’s up to each how much they can give. No doubt we’ve got tens of thousands of potential fans that have never been approached in any way much less a good way. That’s for UL to do, not actual fans.
    There is a big difference between casting blame on a fan and coming here and setting a fan straight who is nothing but a Complaintant . . .

I see you're teeing me up, but I will refrain. I'm being good this year.
    Naw, the one you have in mind is a church mouse. Mrs Fletcher set the bar. It’s why the teams sit in the west side of the dome, use to be the east side but she and Pierre’s wife got into it with a major booster regularly on the east side one season. Next season, the teams and WAGS moved west.

Typical USL solution, instead of reigning in the problem, they just moved it. Of course they gave some USL reason for the move.

It’s akin to a father of a Ragin Jazz member years ago. Dudes were taking about his daughter very graphically as guys will do. Someone asked him why he doesn’t defend his kid, and he simply said “she’s an adult and it comes with the territory”.

Same can apply to coaches’ spouses.

Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information