Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Was 25-27 mill with interest on the payment it will be $35 mill. Brilliant move by Scotty
    I don't think that is right. I don't have the number, but the numbers you are using is 4 to 5 times greater than what was proposed before construction started.

I don't have a good feeling about this getting done without it being massively curtailed.

I would finish the baseball stadium first given the current state of "college" football.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I don't think that is right. I don't have the number, but the numbers you are using is 4 to 5 times greater than what was proposed before construction started.
    In addition upgrades were made to the concourses, restrooms and other areas around Cajun Field. The $24 million renovation also included a new scoreboard. The start of the next phase

https://www.collegegridirons.com/stadiums/cajun-field/

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    In addition upgrades were made to the concourses, restrooms and other areas around Cajun Field. The $24 million renovation also included a new scoreboard. The start of the next phase

https://www.collegegridirons.com/stadiums/cajun-field/
    We paid over 1 mill to install the score board alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I don't have a good feeling about this getting done without it being massively curtailed.

I would finish the baseball stadium first given the current state of "college" football.
    Baseball is about to go to a head count sport and full scholarships. You think we will be competing with the SEC, ACC and Big 12?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Baseball is about to go to a head count sport and full scholarships. You think we will be competing with the SEC, ACC and Big 12?
    At least we CAN compete with them in baseball

At least we CAN compete with them in baseball
    He's basically saying that may change if full scholarships start for baseball

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think we are due for a recession and the cost of materials will go down. Unfortunately, raising money won't get easier because of it.
    I'm afraid is going to be more of a stagflation situation

We won’t know if it’s curtailed cause we don’t know what the project will actually entail. All we have are pictures which may or may not be actual renderings

UL Football Cajun Field update

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2023/1/...struction.aspx

Progress continues toward completing the design of and financing structure for construction to Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium. The construction phase of the project is anticipated to begin no earlier than the conclusion of the 2023 football season.

The project timeline is anticipated to take 18-24 months.

More information about the project will be released as details are finalized.

Season ticket renewals for 2023 season will be available later this month.

Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@RaginCajuns) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Athletics.

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post

By: Evan Roberts | Associate AD for Communications and Digital Strategy
    LAFAYETTE, La. – Progress continues toward completing the design of and financing structure for construction to Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium. The construction phase of the project is anticipated to begin no earlier than the conclusion of the 2023 football season.

Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@RaginCajuns) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Athletics.
    There you go, no relocation of seats for 23 season. This is no shocking news as everything they do is USLing it. 11 months start date at the earliest plus the 24 months you know it will take to complete the project. Should be ready for the 27 season at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post

By: Evan Roberts | Associate AD for Communications and Digital Strategy
    LAFAYETTE, La. – Progress continues toward completing the design of and financing structure for construction to Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium. The construction phase of the project is anticipated to begin no earlier than the conclusion of the 2023 football season.

Yall reading that very ambiguous quote? Construction is anticipated to begin NO EARLIER than the conclusion of the 2023 football season. What that means in USL speak is, "Definitely not before the end of 2023 and after that we have no clue." Don't hold your breath folks.

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

In other news, water is wet.

This is pathetic.

If needed, scale it down. Place the press box on the visitor sideline. We just need a new press box at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    This is pathetic.

If needed, scale it down. Place the press box on the visitor sideline. We just need a new press box at this point.
    A new press box will not get attendance up.

Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information