Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst . 77 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I stop by the Swamp on campus whenever I get a chance. Always been involved in Louisiana hunting/fishing. Cypress Lake is a microcosm of Sportsman's Paradise not just in the heart of the city, but an element of UL that we have all walked by 100s of times. But the whole lives of the LOUISIANA Alligators in it, they've been watching us. Yes, we've had many logos, characters, mascots. some loved, some not so much. Cypress Lake though, ends the debate. Not one potential student, potential recruit, student, faculty, Alum, etc., etc. can deny the fact that, that lil' Swamp has always been our identity. We are turning the page, the future UL is upon us, the demo/reconstruct of the Swamp is here.

I have never seen another Program offer an in stadium video feed of a living, breathing mascot in his true, actual environment on Campus. I think we have a Winner here, from the good folks of RP.

LFG.
    How big is the biggest gator in cypress lake? Also how old?

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    How big is the biggest gator in cypress lake? Also how old?
    Always changing, can't answer.

I took this picture of an eleven footer in 2003 . notice the baby alligator on the back.

Now THAT is good for mental health.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Always changing, can't answer.

I took this picture of an eleven footer in 2003 . notice the baby alligator on the back.

Now THAT is good for mental health.
    Are the same gators from 20 years ago at Cypress Lake or do they cycle them out?

4. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Are the same gators from 20 years ago at Cypress Lake or do they cycle them out?
    I think (pretty sure) they cycle them out or there would be a popULation explosion.

Its plain and simple - new Mascot has to be a GATOR!
    What doesn't the admin not understand? This should be done now!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Its plain and simple - new Mascot has to be a GATOR!
    What doesn't the admin not understand? This should be done now!
    The administration thinks it resembles Florida.

I wonder if that position would be different had Napier not gone onto Florida. Hmmm …

8. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

That is "mental gridlock" through and through.

"Florida" (Spurrier) didn't bat an eye when resembling the The Swamp after seeing Brian Mitchell's "Sultan of the Swamp" media guide cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I stop by the Swamp on campus whenever I get a chance. Always been involved in Louisiana hunting/fishing. Cypress Lake is a microcosm of Sportsman's Paradise not just in the heart of the city, but an element of UL that we have all walked by 100s of times. But the whole lives of the LOUISIANA Alligators in it, they've been watching us. Yes, we've had many logos, characters, mascots. some loved, some not so much. Cypress Lake though, ends the debate. Not one potential student, potential recruit, student, faculty, Alum, etc., etc. can deny the fact that, that lil' Swamp has always been our identity. We are turning the page, the future UL is upon us, the demo/reconstruct of the Swamp is here.

I have never seen another Program offer an in stadium video feed of a living, breathing mascot in his true, actual environment on Campus. I think we have a Winner here, from the good folks of RP.

LFG.
    Ok…I like where you’re going with this. I just don’t like the whole live feed aspect. Let me chew on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I wonder if that position would be different had Napier not gone onto Florida. Hmmm …
    You have a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is "mental gridlock" through and through.

"Florida" (Spurrier) didn't bat an eye when resembling the The Swamp after seeing Brian Mitchell's "Sultan of the Swamp" media guide cover.
    Don't shoot the messenger.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Don't shoot the messenger.
    You didn't say you thought it, you said "administration" so no messenger backlash involved.

Once they reach a certain size they are moved. You don’t want larger older gators fighting for territory on campus. If you want to see large gators, I can bring you to some places near my house. One of the joys of living in the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Once they reach a certain size they are moved. You don’t want larger older gators fighting for territory on campus. If you want to see large gators, I can bring you to some places near my house. One of the joys of living in the swamp.
    So what size is considered to big on campus?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Somewhere in the 8’ range if I recall correctly.

I understand up near the locks on the Teche Lake Canal there are some beasts.

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst . 77 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast

Thread Information