Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 . LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fresh thinking
    . . . not sure what you believe he is flirting with, but we will accept it . . .

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    They should move the fence below the scoreboard further out towards the parking lot. Then build some sort of playground.( opposite the walkway of the field) it would give the kids a place to play but basically be out of the lights enough to not look bad on tv. Then we can come up with something classy for the hill.

I like the ole miss outfield idea. Like 8-10ft wide step flat areas across for family’s. Then step down a few feet to the next level. You could turf the whole thing.
    The university should call the hill a safety hazard for kids when they are asked why it's being bowled in.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    UL doesn't have a full RV lot problem.
    UL also doesn’t have a full bowl problem.

Leave the hill as it is. It’s refreshing to watch all the youngsters have fun during the game. It’s also pretty unique compared to other stadiums.

It's weird the people mad at kids playing. "It looks bad on TV". Does it? To who? Who is out there going, "oh my God! Is that kids playing, having the time of their lives, while their parents watch the game!?" "How embarrassing!" "We gotta put an end to that!"

It's a strange stance to take.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    UL also doesn’t have a full bowl problem.

Leave the hill as it is. It’s refreshing to watch all the youngsters have fun during the game. It’s also pretty unique compared to other stadiums.
    Yes it’s actually one of the only things we have creating young Cajun fans. So let’s do just like the university would normally do and get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It's weird the people mad at kids playing. "It looks bad on TV". Does it? To who? Who is out there going, "oh my God! Is that kids playing, having the time of their lives, while their parents watch the game!?" "How embarrassing!" "We gotta put an end to that!"

It's a strange stance to take.
    Plus if the kids wouldn't be on the hill they would be in the stands disturbing everyone around them OR they and their parents would be home making attendance numbers worse. Let the kids have fun.

It seems that some on here are spending more time watching the kids on the hill, rather than the game being played!

Again why not lean into it?

Turn the hill into a "future student section". Have the cheerleaders go over there a few times a game and do some cheers with them Go back and forth and see who is louder (north and south) - alternate fireworks on each side, etc.

Make the NE corner of bleachers some kind of kids section make opposing fans sit between our kids and our students

Who cares if it looks unprofessional We're the freakin Ragin' Cajuns. We're not exactly steeped in CFB excellence and tradition. The hill is currently the best path to getting young kids to want to go to CF. In fact, it's probably the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It seems that some on here are spending more time watching the kids on the hill, rather than the game being played!
    to be fair this thread is about Cajun Field not the Cajun football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    kind of hard not to see them if you occasionally look at the score board or if they are playing on that end of the field.

I enjoy watching the kids run wild. I don't see the problem.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    . . . there is none . . . it’s just another thing in a long line of things regularly put out by our resident complainers . . .

13. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

"Embrace the LEVEE"

Every Great Swamp can use one from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Neither do I. As long as they’re not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Neither do I. As long as they’re not mine.
    A few more years your grandson will be wanting to play on that hill.

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 . LastLast

Thread Information